Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    It’s gonna be an issue for any states who have drastically different phases going on than their neighbors.
    My next door today has an old white lady screaming that walz favors rural areas and they’re getting too much vaccine compared to the cities. My god.

on a funnier note my dad got his second shot yesterday and people in the waiting room accused him of cheating because they said no way can he be over 65
    Wait...they say Walz is favoring the rural? Dont they accuse him of caring too much about us?

And your dad looks way younger than 65!
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Biden calling on all states to vaccinate every educator by end of March...even though I doubt that includes me I think that is a smart play!
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        It’s like I’m on Nextdoor when brainless trolls try to tell people who have actually studied epidemiology that we don’t understand how this works.

the MN vaccine rollout sounds way better than MA amd some states but man it has issues. North Dakota is vaccinating below 65 with underlying conditions. Minnesota isn’t. Minnesotans flooded ND pharmacies and drive 6-7 hours for shots. ND realizes this is happening and now limits to ND residents and some Minnesotans are ****ed.
        ND has right to limit to their citizens because we need some order here to stop complete chaos- but I don’t blame someone with a condition going to a neighboring state to try and protect themselves because their state says they aren’t ready.

oh and dx- DC has asthma as qualifying condition. I have coworkers in their 20s now able to get vaccine because they have asthma
        It really is hard to work out why it continues to be allowed.

Maine has opened it up to anyone 60 and over and you don't have to have any underlying health conditions. My guess would be by the end of the month anyone will be able to get a shot.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• What's the point of vaccinating the teachers of the kids are just going to spread it? I've never actually figured out the logic here
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            What's the point of vaccinating the teachers of the kids are just going to spread it? I've never actually figured out the logic here
            I think the logic is that teachers and staff are most vulnerable in schools so getting vaccinated gives them some protection. Your point is spot on though, having schools open is going to spread the virus. I’ve posted this before but no way you convince me schools haven’t played a big role in spreading it in he northeast given the timing of when schools went back and when the virus spiked.

One thing that I haven’t seen talked about but is likely a big cause of spread is a decent amount of kids work during the school year. My wife mentioned there are a bunch of kids at her school that work at Dunkin Donuts. If you have kids who are exposed to two separate large groups of people I would think their odds of getting infected go way up and also are very likely to spread it to other people.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

maybe Minnesota will come around. But again, I want the elderly to get it first. 65+ for sure. We need them protected.

I just want to hug my mom. I've gotten to hug her once since my wedding and that was at the second of my cousins' funerals (i have literally no idea how to properly word and punctuate that) when the whole family was shell shocked.

Honestly, I think North Dakotans should be ****ed but they can sit on that outrage and spin. That's the every man for himself jesusstan they built for themselves. I'm glad Minnesotans abused that. We'd have lost a few hundred less people, maybe more, if those two halves of a real state acted responsibly.
              I think to suggest "outrage" is a bit of an exaggeration.

There have been about 15,000 non-residents vaccinated in North Dakota. According to the health department, the vast majority were college students, non-residents who work in North Dakota, non-residents whose primary physician is in North Dakota, or some healthcare workers. In other words, a lot of non-resident college students, as well as people from the border areas of surrounding states who either work or get their healthcare in places like Fargo, Grand Forks, Bismarck or Williston.

But, they were starting to see some people trying to travel to ND to get vaccinations, much like we saw in Florida and elsewhere, so the Health Department simply reminded providers that they have to be a qualified non-resident, such as the categories I described.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• So glad Texas has declared the pandemic over. Now we can all get on with our lives. Herd immunity is here so don't worry if you have the vaccine or not it's no long necessary.
                Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 03-03-2021, 09:10 AM.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

What's the point of vaccinating the teachers of the kids are just going to spread it? I've never actually figured out the logic here
                  to keep teachers from dying if the kids do spread it...

my BIL is a superintendent in New Hampshire. He had teachers sue the school district because they wanted special accommodation so they didn't have to teach in person because they had some kind of comorbidity like obesity, diabetes, or asthma
                  Last edited by BassAle; 03-03-2021, 09:20 AM.

Comment

• I am very thankful that my parents in Houston have had both doses before the governor started with his latest nonsense.
                    My brother and sister-in-law volunteered at one of the large vaccination events and will be able to register for their shots soon thanks to that volunteer work. They are both able to work from home, but I know my brother had been venturing out and doing grocery shopping for himself and my parents. I wonder if that will reverse now that my mom is vaccinated, if she'll shop for them.

Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                    7 B1G
                    7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                    6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                    5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                    5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                    2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                    2 Alaskan

Comment

To keep the teachers alive.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Wife and I have our first shots next week, over 60. 87 y/o mother gets the J&J one shot this Friday. Maine.
                        $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                        Just win.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
                          Wife and I have our first shots next week, over 60. 87 y/o mother gets the J&J one shot this Friday. Maine.
                          Think I'm getting Pfizer tomorrow as I'm scheduled for another in 21 days
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            I saw a post on a Reddit thread that gives an unlikely but plausible explanation:

It’s voter suppression by death. COVID impacts urban areas more and it hits lower income and black people more often. What do urban, low income and black all have in common? Democrats.
                            It's gross and I choose to believe people wouldn't be so evil, but how many times did we hear ... certain people ... insist this was some blue state problem and to let them all die a year back?

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020...-into-thin-air
                            Against that background, the prospect of launching a large-scale national plan was losing favor, said one public health expert in frequent contact with the White House’s official coronavirus task force.

Most troubling of all, perhaps, was a sentiment the expert said a member of Kushner’s team expressed: that because the virus had hit blue states hardest, a national plan was unnecessary and would not make sense politically. “The political folks believed that because it was going to be relegated to Democratic states, that they could blame those governors, and that would be an effective political strategy,” said the expert.
                            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• What part of "Nazi"...
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Got Moderna #1 this morning at county Dept of HHS. Woman injecting me is a retired nurse who volunteered for this duty. I'd think there's not a lot of volunteer work more satisfying than administering vaccines in a pandemic that has killed millions. I expressed my gratitude, as I hope others did.

For every selfish idiot who has refused to wear a mask, there are ???? of her.

Comment

Working...
                                X