Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Without looking shouldn't the amount per state be more uneven based upon population disparities?
    It is quite uneven. Maine only gets around 30k doses per week, but we only have 1.3M people.

Comment

• "The devil is already here.

New, stronger strain homegrown in California. I wish people wouldn't start acting like we're on the downslope of this virus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        "The devil is already here.

New, stronger strain homegrown in California. I wish people wouldn't start acting like we're on the downslope of this virus.
        That article is being ripped apart.

Sample size was tiny, and the "11 times more deadly" or whatever is nearly fiction. It's an unusually sloppy bunch of garbage from a paper that typically does much better work (See their long form article on oxy from several years ago). Ignore crap like this.

Also - you're 100% correct though. We're not yet on the downslope. We still need to be very careful. I absolutely agree with you there.
        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          "The devil is already here.

It's just one guy coming in from China with the Flu.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Without looking shouldn't the amount per state be more uneven based upon population disparities?
            I believe that number is apportioned differently to each state. No idea how they figure it out. The 14.5 million is the total.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

I believe that number is apportioned differently to each state. No idea how they figure it out. The 14.5 million is the total.
              Yeah I realized that as I reread the headline.

Comment

• I believe I read Minnesota passed one million doses administered so things are moving.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

That article is being ripped apart.

Sample size was tiny, and the "11 times more deadly" or whatever is nearly fiction. It's an unusually sloppy bunch of garbage from a paper that typically does much better work (See their long form article on oxy from several years ago). Ignore crap like this.

Also - you're 100% correct though. We're not yet on the downslope. We still need to be very careful. I absolutely agree with you there.
                  Thanks for the perspective. I just assumed it was legit since the LA Times isn't rag known for bad journalism.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Sometimes it is...

FDA rules J&J single shot is safe and effective. Prevents 66% of moderate to severe COVID.
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• The UK has vaccinated +34% of all adults. I get they only have ~65m to do. But that seems pretty impressive.
                      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Thanks for the perspective. I just assumed it was legit since the LA Times isn't rag known for bad journalism.
                        I was surprised as well for the same reason.

But ultimately, they need clicks/eyeballs and scaring people is a tried and true method.
                        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

It's just one guy coming in from China with the Flu.
                          Wang, what's with the camera? It's a parking lot!
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I went from 0 to 2-millionths of the COVID death as my family members. I just lost a cousin.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              I went from 0 to 2-millionths of the COVID death as my family members. I just lost a cousin.
                              Damn Kep - sorry to hear that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                I went from 0 to 2-millionths of the COVID death as my family members. I just lost a cousin.
                                Sorry to hear

Just catching up on the last few days. I keep seeing things about Fauci not being clear or contradicting himself. It seems to me it isn't him that is the problem. It is the media outlets cherry picking and simplifying what he is saying. He usually says things with a qualifier. They either leave that out or dumb it down. The other day multiple sites- radio, TV and social media quoted him as saying we would need to mask until '22 like it was an absolute- everyone, all the time. And then started talking about how other experts didn't agree with him. It wasn't what he said at all. Listening to them create controversy out of nothing is so frustrating.

Comment

Working...
                                X