Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Her parents are at risk and only one has got it so she took it so she lessens the risk when she sees them.
    Oh I’m glad she got it. I figure I still have some antibodies is all.

Comment

• Company in Rochester, Minnesota developing oral COVID-19 vaccine

Vyriad, a scientific research lab based in Rochester, Minnesota, started working on a COVID-19 vaccine early last year and lab testing shows its delivery method and properties could give people immunity to the virus.

Vyriad typically studies viruses as a way to fight against cancer, but in early 2020 when researchers first started looking into a COVID-19 vaccine, CEO Dr. Stephen Russell was eager to jump on board.
      Because the vaccine would enter the body in the same way as the virus, through the nose and mouth, researchers think it could be even more effective than when the vaccine is administered through the bloodstream. Dr. Russell says this type of vaccine is also very adaptable, so it could be used to fight against mutations as scientists learn more about them.

Vyriad has done lab testing on the virus, but is currently looking to partner with a larger drug company to create the quantity needed for clinical testing and mass production. Dr. Russell says he sees an oral vaccine as something that will be used further into the future.

Comment

• Got my Covid jab today. So far so good.
        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Are they on your NextDoor app? sounds like something NextDoor Vigilantes would do!
          One of my local Edina Nextdoor trolls has a hearing in court today trying to challenge walz ability to have emergency powers

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

One of my local Edina Nextdoor trolls has a hearing in court today trying to challenge walz ability to have emergency powers
            Live look in:

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

What’s the emergency right now anyway?

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                Got my Covid jab today. So far so good.
                Second dose for me tomorrow. First dose had no side effects, but I’m expecting some this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post

Second dose for me tomorrow. First dose had no side effects, but I’m expecting some this time.
                  Just a sore arm today. I've heard the 2nd one can be more bothersome.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                    Just a sore arm today. I've heard the 2nd one can be more bothersome.
                    Completely anecdotal per my daughter: first shot made her tired for 3 hours, second shot made her feel flu-like for 3 days.

The USG is telling employees to schedule their shots for Fridays because they assume they will be useless the next few days.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I think I heard the GF say that the Union told her to take the next day off after her second shot. With her below average immune system I expect her to not do well with it for a couple of days.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• So my otherwise uber-healthy, athletic, 18-year-old second cousin just got out of an intensive round of testing at Johns Hopkins. She's had some undiagnosed neurological disorder for nearly a year, and has been wheelchair-bound since May. Their diagnosis is that she's one of these:

COVID-19 and POTS: Is There a Link? | Johns Hopkins Medicine

Just like the flu, right?

The good news is that they do believe she will be able to walk again some day with proper PT and OT.

Keep the masks on, folks!
                        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                          So my otherwise uber-healthy, athletic, 18-year-old second cousin just got out of an intensive round of testing at Johns Hopkins. She's had some undiagnosed neurological disorder for nearly a year, and has been wheelchair-bound since May. Their diagnosis is that she's one of these:

COVID-19 and POTS: Is There a Link? | Johns Hopkins Medicine

Just like the flu, right?

The good news is that they do believe she will be able to walk again some day with proper PT and OT.

Keep the masks on, folks!
                          She got this from Covid and not the vax or the vax itself??

Comment

• Well, we didn't have the vaccine last may, so I'd guess it is not vaccine-related.
                            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Let's do the Time Warp again!
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Oops. RIF

Comment

Working...
                                X