Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I actually agree with that. Dead is dead - there won't likely be additional death count figures. But the context will need to change because they were not honest about it.
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• they did not identify it as nursing home death cases, even though it was a nursing home patient who contracted the disease in a nursing home. They just happened to die in a hospital or ambulance somewhere.

Ooooh, Jebbie's gonna be annnngry!!
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

I don't think he's being criticized for the "outcome." He is being criticized for lying to state lawmakers, from his own party, in NY.

If I understand the dispute correctly, it is this.

Cuomo was catching crap from both the feds, and from people in NY, over nursing home deaths and his decision to allow infected patients to enter nursing homes. The feds were asking for information. The state lawmakers were looking for information. The state lawmakers were trying to figure out just how bad it was in the state nursing homes, so they could figure out if there were additional steps the state could take.

NY was seeing a ton of cases of nursing home residents coming down with the virus, being transported to a hospital, then dying. Because Cuomo thought that the Trump administration would use this information against him and NY, they did not identify it as nursing home death cases, even though it was a nursing home patient who contracted the disease in a nursing home. They just happened to die in a hospital or ambulance somewhere.

That created a problem when they had to report data to NY state lawmakers. If they reported accurate data, it would conflict with the numbers given to the feds, so their lie would be exposed. Thus, the only choice was to continue the lie by giving the same false information to state lawmakers.

My view is, this is a NY matter. Let them decide whether Cuomo should be held accountable or not.
        Can’t say I’ve followed it too closely, but this mirrors my thoughts on the matter, especially the last couple sentences. Plenty of state and federal NY Democrats looking into it, so it clearly isn’t just some partisan, MAGA-style witch hunt.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

Can’t say I’ve followed it too closely, but this mirrors my thoughts on the matter, especially the last couple sentences. Plenty of state and federal NY Democrats looking into it, so it clearly isn’t just some partisan, MAGA-style witch hunt.
          If you watched his press conference he said the feds reached out to NY, NJ, PA, and MI, all states with Dem governors. Like everything else with Trump it was 100% partisan. Cuomo also said that NY followed the exact procedures laid out by CDC.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Cuomo followed federal guidelines, so the worst charge the Republicans can file is: you guys screwed the pooch by following our advice!

Obviously nobody on the Right can criticize policy after the last 4 years. And they cannot challenge motives or competence. Nothing any conservative thinks or says will ever matter again.

Insofar as any Democrat is concerned, they certainly deserve (and will receive) a hearing. The most important thing to do at this instant is ensure policy is science-based and empirically sound going forward. We will hold people accountable for past misdeeds when the danger is passed.

We have competent and sincere federal governance for the first time in four years. Ignore the trolls and stick to the job: delivering effective services safely to people who need them. If there is a legal issue then the courts will work through it.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

If you watched his press conference he said the feds reached out to NY, NJ, PA, and MI, all states with Dem governors. Like everything else with Trump it was 100% partisan. Cuomo also said that NY followed the exact procedures laid out by CDC.
              I’m not sure how it’s “100% partisan” if state and federal Ny Democrats want a more thorough accounting of what transpired. Give them what they need, let them decide if it’s some kind of crime worth investigating, and move on if it’s not. I don’t particularly care what the GOP has to say about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Cuomo followed federal guidelines, so the worst charge the Republicans can file is: you guys screwed the pooch by following our advice!
                "We were doing what the CDC told us to do" was debunked six months ago, but if you guys want to keep pushing it, fine by me. It's your state.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Alaska’s Governor has allowed the emergency declaration to expire because “we need to move on”. Our massive testing site had to abruptly close yesterday and now travelers don’t have to show proof of negative test or get tested on arrival! Great news for a state with an incredibly small health care system!
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                    "We were doing what the CDC told us to do" was debunked six months ago, but if you guys want to keep pushing it, fine by me. It's your state.
                    Drew lives in Maine I believe and Kepler lives in Virginia IIRC.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Drew lives in Maine I believe and Kepler lives in Virginia IIRC.
                      You can extradite the New Yorker out of New York, but you can't take the New York out of a New Yorker.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• "Debunked" equals Tucker Carlson frowned at it.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

"Debunked" equals Tucker Carlson frowned at it.
                          The funny bit for me is back early in the summer someone who is far right and doesn’t believe in Covid then proceeded to ***** about Cuomo’s handling of the nursing homes. If Hovey has evidence NY is somehow worse off than other states I’d be happy to look at it but it sounds to me like another far right conspiracy.

The concerning/disappointing part is that some mainstream media appear to be entertaining it. For whatever reason they need a bogeyman and it looks like they’ve chosen Cuomo and the teachers unions.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

"Debunked" equals Tucker Carlson frowned at it.
                            https://www.timesunion.com/news/arti...d-15302988.php

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...-not-line-cdc/

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

The funny bit for me is back early in the summer someone who is far right and doesn’t believe in Covid then proceeded to ***** about Cuomo’s handling of the nursing homes. If Hovey has evidence NY is somehow worse off than other states I’d be happy to look at it but it sounds to me like another far right conspiracy.

The concerning/disappointing part is that some mainstream media appear to be entertaining it. For whatever reason they need a bogeyman and it looks like they’ve chosen Cuomo and the teachers unions.
                              As I wrote before, I don't think he's catching flak because NY is either better off or worse off than other states. No one is saying that.

He's catching flak because he lied about it to his own legislature. That's all. But, he seems to be doubling down on it now by restating the old "we just followed the CDC" argument he used last summer, which as has been pointed out by many articles, simply isn't true.

Comment

• This lady?

During her tenure as administrator of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, the HHS Inspector General in July 2020 concluded that she spent more than $5 million in federal contracts on politically connected contractors and violated federal contracting rules.[4] More than $3.5 million of taxpayer funds were spent on consultants to promote Verma's public profile.[5] These findings were further reinforced when in September 2020 an independent panel of Congressional oversight committees concluded that "Congress did not intend for taxpayer dollars to be spent on handpicked communications consultants used to promote Administrator Verma’s public profile and personal brand. Administrator Verma has shown reckless disregard for the public’s trust. We believe she should personally reimburse the taxpayers for these inappropriate expenditures."

Not sure I'm going to take her word for....anything.
                                If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Working...
                                X