Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    What is wrong with Jake Tapper? He’s spent the last couple months bashing teachers and now he is attacking Andrew Cuomo. Clearly not everything was handled perfectly but the situation NY faced last spring was something I don’t think any leader could have done much with given the limited help they received from the federal government.
    What is the point of having a massive State Bureaucracy if only to defer to a much more massive Federal Bureaucracy?

Of course with so many layers you can point the finger 10 different ways but at ones-self. Bureaucracy leads to zero accountability and completely inept people being in positions they have zero qualifications to be in.

On another note it was great following the Science last year from the WHO to the CDC to put so many people on ventilators. People who never would have been put on one with the exact same symptoms prior. What a disastrous overreaction that was.

They love you though.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

I can’t speak to what Tapper is saying since I’m not watching, but from the little I’ve read, it sounds like Cuomo’s administration tried covering up how many deaths occurred in nursing homes, as in they knew how many there were, and then told the Trump administration a different, lower number. I guess we’ll see how it all plays out.
      Do you think he will have to give back his Emmy?

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

I can’t speak to what Tapper is saying since I’m not watching, but from the little I’ve read, it sounds like Cuomo’s administration tried covering up how many deaths occurred in nursing homes, as in they knew how many there were, and then told the Trump administration a different, lower number. I guess we’ll see how it all plays out.
        MAGAts have said the same crap about Whitmer and Michigan nursing homes for months now.

Comment

• Cuomo has also said he doesn’t trust public health experts. Nothing will surprise me

Comment

• They're either covering up deaths and the numbers are worse, or they aren't and the virus is "no biggie". Which is it? ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              Cuomo has also said he doesn’t trust public health experts. Nothing will surprise me
              Src?
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Src?
                https://thehill.com/homenews/media/5...health-experts

Comment

• Tapper isnt going to just blindly tow the Dem line...he has always been pretty open with his opinions. That is why I like him even when I don't agree with him.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Tapper isnt going to just blindly tow the Dem line...he has always been pretty open with his opinions. That is why I like him even when I don't agree with him.
                    That kind of thing matters a lot to me as well. I think Feingold was a very good senator for us Wiscovites. He was the only D to vote against the motion to dismiss impeachment proceedings against Clinton, which I disagreed with, but it showed he had at least some courage and independence.

Given the people who have taken control of the R party, I can understand why some degree of D independence has to be sacrificed, but the pressure on both journalists and pols to serve their own careers is so intense that saying "no" to their own base is too uncommon.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                      Clown shoes doesn't even begin. I understand your frustration. A lot of people worked very hard to get things set up. I also don't think that should ever have happened. I cannot fathom how the 'experts' could be so inept at planning or how they thought it was a good idea to rely on independent entities without them being under the umbrella of DPH and needing to offer to all.

The hospital systems are not distributing to everyone, only those in their system. In my area LGH system was making appts for their patients but was not open to anyone else. Just a few towns over a smaller hospital system is struggling to access vaccine. None of the patients connected to them have access thru that hospital.

They missed contacting 25% of MDs and NPs because they didn't work for a big system. Large portions of the population are also being missed because they are not connected to the 'right' place. Basically it is word of mouth and rumor that lets people know where they might try to get access.

They have a fragmented, decentralized, uncoordinated mess. Every place that a supply of vaccine appears to be working independently. Different sign up process, different forms to sign up, most excluding all but 'their' people. There are large patches of the State that do not have accessibility - the Cape is without for one.

And after saying people who drive someone can get it- not really- only at the 4 mass sites and they have to have an appt. THis after people showed up everywhere. You can't make up being this stupid.

I feel like this is as stupid as Florida's free-for-all "come on down!" no tracking plan, just from the other direction. It's enraging. Days later and I'm still fuming.
                      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• A group is drawing up legal papers to try and charge Dr Osterholm with manslaughter for causing people to commit suicide due to fear mongering.

trolls have been busy

Comment

A group is drawing up legal papers to try and charge Dr Osterholm with manslaughter for causing people to commit suicide due to fear mongering.

trolls have been busy
                          Truly vile, awful people.

Saw Cuomo’s press conference today and everything he said made sense. He probably was lauded more than he should have been but to all the people criticizing him I’d be very interested to know what they would have done that would have led to a better outcome.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

A group is drawing up legal papers to try and charge Dr Osterholm with manslaughter for causing people to commit suicide due to fear mongering.

trolls have been busy
                            Are they on your NextDoor app? sounds like something NextDoor Vigilantes would do!
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Are they on your NextDoor app? sounds like something NextDoor Vigilantes would do!
                              Good question. He didn’t say where they were- came out in a session today

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

Truly vile, awful people.

Saw Cuomo’s press conference today and everything he said made sense. He probably was lauded more than he should have been but to all the people criticizing him I’d be very interested to know what they would have done that would have led to a better outcome.
                                I don't think he's being criticized for the "outcome." He is being criticized for lying to state lawmakers, from his own party, in NY.

If I understand the dispute correctly, it is this.

Cuomo was catching crap from both the feds, and from people in NY, over nursing home deaths and his decision to allow infected patients to enter nursing homes. The feds were asking for information. The state lawmakers were looking for information. The state lawmakers were trying to figure out just how bad it was in the state nursing homes, so they could figure out if there were additional steps the state could take.

NY was seeing a ton of cases of nursing home residents coming down with the virus, being transported to a hospital, then dying. Because Cuomo thought that the Trump administration would use this information against him and NY, they did not identify it as nursing home death cases, even though it was a nursing home patient who contracted the disease in a nursing home. They just happened to die in a hospital or ambulance somewhere.

That created a problem when they had to report data to NY state lawmakers. If they reported accurate data, it would conflict with the numbers given to the feds, so their lie would be exposed. Thus, the only choice was to continue the lie by giving the same false information to state lawmakers.

My view is, this is a NY matter. Let them decide whether Cuomo should be held accountable or not.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X