Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's funny how The Plague ran rampant after austerity and neoliberal voodoo starved the public sectors in Europe in imitation of the same 40-year trend in America.

It's almost as if defunding government to coddle the rich in a mindless regurgitation of debunked conservative fiscal policy kills people.
    Last edited by Kepler; 02-12-2021, 03:32 PM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Orioles general manager Mike Elias revealed Friday that outfield prospect Heston Kjerstad wasn't part of the team's alternate camp last year due to a bout with myocarditis.

Myocarditis is inflammation of the heart and is the same affliction Eduardo Rodriguez of the Red Sox developed last year following a bout with COVID-19... Kjerstad is feeling good now and is expected to report to spring training a little later on.

Comment

• Yeah I remember when the Big Ten cared about that...and then Kevin Warren became a wussy and bowed to political pressure.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
          Yesterday, governor Charlie Baker in MA informed hospital systems that he was clawing back vaccinations and significantly reducing the doses being sent to hospitals. Enough for the remainder of staff and patients already scheduled (both doses if necessary), but no more. This is asinine and reeks of floundering without a plan. The amount of time, money and energy every hospital system has invested into getting vaccination clinics stood up, tested, interfaced and billable is staggering and it comes at a time when we do not have any money. And to inform us - without any warning - that we weren't going to see the fruits of that labor is absolutely unbelievable to me.

It's clown shoes. And purposeless.
          Clown shoes doesn't even begin. I understand your frustration. A lot of people worked very hard to get things set up. I also don't think that should ever have happened. I cannot fathom how the 'experts' could be so inept at planning or how they thought it was a good idea to rely on independent entities without them being under the umbrella of DPH and needing to offer to all.

The hospital systems are not distributing to everyone, only those in their system. In my area LGH system was making appts for their patients but was not open to anyone else. Just a few towns over a smaller hospital system is struggling to access vaccine. None of the patients connected to them have access thru that hospital.

They missed contacting 25% of MDs and NPs because they didn't work for a big system. Large portions of the population are also being missed because they are not connected to the 'right' place. Basically it is word of mouth and rumor that lets people know where they might try to get access.

They have a fragmented, decentralized, uncoordinated mess. Every place that a supply of vaccine appears to be working independently. Different sign up process, different forms to sign up, most excluding all but 'their' people. There are large patches of the State that do not have accessibility - the Cape is without for one.

And after saying people who drive someone can get it- not really- only at the 4 mass sites and they have to have an appt. THis after people showed up everywhere. You can't make up being this stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
            Orioles general manager Mike Elias revealed Friday that outfield prospect Heston Kjerstad wasn't part of the team's alternate camp last year due to a bout with myocarditis.

Myocarditis is inflammation of the heart and is the same affliction Eduardo Rodriguez of the Red Sox developed last year following a bout with COVID-19... Kjerstad is feeling good now and is expected to report to spring training a little later on.
            Do you understand that this is nothing new?

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
              I'm not going to quote the guy in his basement but here is one player:

The Minnesota Wild have reported the reason that Marco Rossi has left and returned home to Austria is because of COVID complications.
              Rossi tested positive for COVID in November and apparently hasn't fully recovered. He is also suffering from an upper-body injury. The Athletic is reporting that Rossi is done for the season. He is expected to return to Minnesota in six weeks where he will be re-evaluated. The Wild expect his recovery to be full and complete but for now, it's a lost year for the forward.
              Rossi Timeline

November - "Rossi was diagnosed with the virus in November and had mild symptoms, the most recognizable being lower back pain, Payer said."

December - Played in the World Juniors

January - “Picture this, he’s flying in from the world juniors. He’s thrilled. He’s expecting to step onto the ice in a few days following his quarantine and he’s suddenly being told, ‘You failed your medical,’”

"The Wild, Rossi and Payer are not yet comfortable sharing the exact medical diagnosis because they’re still waiting for a complete medical report and there remain some differing opinions."

https://theathletic.com/2360200/2021...9-serge-payer/

He had Covid in November, symptom - back pain, played in World Juniors in December, was ready to go for camp in January, something came up in his physical. That's what we know.

Comment

• Hospitals aren't overwhelmed, anywhere. Below normal levels, for this time of the year, in many places.

#StayScared #StayHysterical

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                  Clown shoes doesn't even begin. I understand your frustration. A lot of people worked very hard to get things set up. I also don't think that should ever have happened. I cannot fathom how the 'experts' could be so inept at planning or how they thought it was a good idea to rely on independent entities without them being under the umbrella of DPH and needing to offer to all.

The hospital systems are not distributing to everyone, only those in their system. In my area LGH system was making appts for their patients but was not open to anyone else. Just a few towns over a smaller hospital system is struggling to access vaccine. None of the patients connected to them have access thru that hospital.

They missed contacting 25% of MDs and NPs because they didn't work for a big system. Large portions of the population are also being missed because they are not connected to the 'right' place. Basically it is word of mouth and rumor that lets people know where they might try to get access.

They have a fragmented, decentralized, uncoordinated mess. Every place that a supply of vaccine appears to be working independently. Different sign up process, different forms to sign up, most excluding all but 'their' people. There are large patches of the State that do not have accessibility - the Cape is without for one.

And after saying people who drive someone can get it- not really- only at the 4 mass sites and they have to have an appt. THis after people showed up everywhere. You can't make up being this stupid.

Bureaucracy breads disaster.

Comment

• #Science!

The CDC’s double mask mannequin ‘study’ is lunacy dressed up as science

https://dossier.substack.com/p/the-c...source=twitter

Imagine how far gone you have to be to subscribe to this non-sense.

Comment

• Circus Show - Keep the Charade Going

https://twitter.com/i/status/1358999518088466435

Almost put the mask on in time, solo, at home, for the camera. So close but couldn't pull it off. Failed Virtue Signaling, next time.

Comment

• Mortality Rate in the US was higher in 2004, 16 years ago, than it was in 2020. In fact it was higher 5 straight years.

So much for a once in a lifetime pandemic or once in a 100 years.

Comment

• But how do pronouns work??!?!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                            But how do pronouns work??!?!
                            In the real world...?!?!

Good post though.

Remember Two Masks now for CovidZombies. Fresh new science.
                            Last edited by Jeb2020; 02-13-2021, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• What is wrong with Jake Tapper? He’s spent the last couple months bashing teachers and now he is attacking Andrew Cuomo. Clearly not everything was handled perfectly but the situation NY faced last spring was something I don’t think any leader could have done much with given the limited help they received from the federal government.
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                                What is wrong with Jake Tapper? He’s spent the last couple months bashing teachers and now he is attacking Andrew Cuomo. Clearly not everything was handled perfectly but the situation NY faced last spring was something I don’t think any leader could have done much with given the limited help they received from the federal government.
                                I can’t speak to what Tapper is saying since I’m not watching, but from the little I’ve read, it sounds like Cuomo’s administration tried covering up how many deaths occurred in nursing homes, as in they knew how many there were, and then told the Trump administration a different, lower number. I guess we’ll see how it all plays out.

Comment

Working...
                                X