Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Biden announced he has purchased an additional 100 million Moderna and 100 million Pfizer vaccine doses by July. Also the 100 million vaccine doses that were promised by the end of June will be delivered by the end of May. Biden says there will be enough vaccine doses for all Americans by end of July.
    I'm surprised at the vaccination progress, as of now, even though I was pretty critical of the slow start. I think I know way more people who have been vaccinated than I do who actually had the disease.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

I remember Darren Fletcher went through a similar thing around 10 years ago and he wound up having colitis. A lot of elite athletes develop stomach issues for whatever reason.
      I'm pretty sure a scope and biopsy would tell Toews if he had colitis.
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

I'm pretty sure a scope and biopsy would tell Toews if he had colitis.
        When he had it they didn’t reveal it for a long time. They kept saying they didn’t know what was wrong which always sounded suspicious to me. I hope Toews gets good news.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Yesterday, governor Charlie Baker in MA informed hospital systems that he was clawing back vaccinations and significantly reducing the doses being sent to hospitals. Enough for the remainder of staff and patients already scheduled (both doses if necessary), but no more. This is asinine and reeks of floundering without a plan. The amount of time, money and energy every hospital system has invested into getting vaccination clinics stood up, tested, interfaced and billable is staggering and it comes at a time when we do not have any money. And to inform us - without any warning - that we weren't going to see the fruits of that labor is absolutely unbelievable to me.

It's clown shoes. And purposeless.
          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
            Yesterday, governor Charlie Baker in MA informed hospital systems that he was clawing back vaccinations and significantly reducing the doses being sent to hospitals. Enough for the remainder of staff and patients already scheduled (both doses if necessary), but no more. This is asinine and reeks of floundering without a plan. The amount of time, money and energy every hospital system has invested into getting vaccination clinics stood up, tested, interfaced and billable is staggering and it comes at a time when we do not have any money. And to inform us - without any warning - that we weren't going to see the fruits of that labor is absolutely unbelievable to me.

That seems a little weird. What is the alternate plan?

According to the Bloomberg vaccine tracker site, MA has administered just over 68% of the doses it's received. Nationally, 70% of the doses have been administered, so they are basically right on the national average.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

That seems a little weird. What is the alternate plan?

According to the Bloomberg vaccine tracker site, MA has administered just over 68% of the doses it's received. Nationally, 70% of the doses have been administered, so they are basically right on the national average.
              The plan is for the state to manage it entirely. And it's been a disaster at that level, so I have small hope for it.

Comment

• Are they being sent to primary care clinics instead ? I’m ok with that. Get all hospital staff and patients done, but I think clinics will do a better job of getting their patients scheduled and vaccinated if that’s the phase they’re moving to

Comment

Yesterday, governor Charlie Baker in MA informed hospital systems that he was clawing back vaccinations and significantly reducing the doses being sent to hospitals. Enough for the remainder of staff and patients already scheduled (both doses if necessary), but no more. This is asinine and reeks of floundering without a plan. The amount of time, money and energy every hospital system has invested into getting vaccination clinics stood up, tested, interfaced and billable is staggering and it comes at a time when we do not have any money. And to inform us - without any warning - that we weren't going to see the fruits of that labor is absolutely unbelievable to me.

He’s following the science or something. He was doing good until last fall and has completely lost the plot since.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    Are they being sent to primary care clinics instead ? I’m ok with that. Get all hospital staff and patients done, but I think clinics will do a better job of getting their patients scheduled and vaccinated if that’s the phase they’re moving to
                    No, the state is pulling everything into their mass vaccination sites.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

He’s following the science or something. He was doing good until last fall and has completely lost the plot since.
                      Agreed. It seems like he ran out of gas in September/October and just started punting.

Comment

No, the state is pulling everything into their mass vaccination sites.
                        Oh. That’s....different

Comment

• They did announce that CVS and Walgreens are also supposed to start getting more of the vaccine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            They did announce that CVS and Walgreens are also supposed to start getting more of the vaccine.
                            I wonder if that's even true now? This has not been announced to the media yet, so I have no idea of the scope, but I work for the 2nd biggest hospital system in the state and have contacts in the 1st and 3rd biggest - all saying the same thing.

Comment

I wonder if that's even true now? This has not been announced to the media yet, so I have no idea of the scope, but I work for the 2nd biggest hospital system in the state and have contacts in the 1st and 3rd biggest - all saying the same thing.
                              I dont know about in Mass but CNN did have a story about how CVS was getting more for sure.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• The EU, and Germany in particular, has been pretty horrible with the vaccination. Not enough available, too few people to administer, and just a generally slow process to the point that a few fellow Americans have debated taking a trip back to the US to get their vaccinations. All of us/them have medical histories at clinics or hospitals in Minnesota, which seems to have done a great job with administrating the vaccine. We'll see what happens, but as a healthy under 40-year-old, I'm going to be one of the last regardless.

Let's hope fans are allowed and I'm able to travel in mid-may for the IIHF world championships as it coincides with a trip already planned to Riga. But I'm curious what Lufthansa will enact with vaccination requirements. I'm totally for it, even if it means I can't travel.

Comment

Working...
                                X