Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Done for the season because of an imaginary disease that is just like the Flu? Wow. You've got to be kidding me, right?
    I heard from someone in the know teams are very concerned about players who get Covid and there is a lot of testing you need to go through before you can come back.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

I heard from someone in the know teams are very concerned about players who get Covid and there is a lot of testing you need to go through before you can come back.
      Why? Don't you just have some chicken soup, get better, and then you're back to normal life? ***?
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Why? Don't you just have some chicken soup, get better, and then you're back to normal life? ***?
        They alive, ain't they? Quitcher*****in!
        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Totally dependent on which team and how much for financial resources they have. Some teams are pre-testing and have a battery of tests to come back. Others don't have the cash so there are varying degrees of work up. Also, as they start bringing back more and more competition without the evidence to show it is wise, the sheer numbers drive the cost up and some schools are backing off what they initially proposed.

This will go over really well when the school gets sued and they haven't a) followed expert advice to prevent b) haven't done what is recommended (and what other, richer schools are doing) c) they initially proposed x work up with all the documents telling people why it was necessary but now are doing the bare minimum to claim the athlete should be cleared to play. Considering the NCAA came out in a national statement and said the athlete should bear none of the cost related to COVID infection I expect the ambulance chasers are salivating. Especially since they booted the incompetents who were running the CDC and they are reinstituting sharing evidence based information.

Comment

• ... but the pandemic ended last spring!

I mean come on, we're back down to only a 9/11 worth of deaths every day. Stop overreacting.
            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

Totally dependent on which team and how much for financial resources they have. Some teams are pre-testing and have a battery of tests to come back. Others don't have the cash so there are varying degrees of work up. Also, as they start bringing back more and more competition without the evidence to show it is wise, the sheer numbers drive the cost up and some schools are backing off what they initially proposed.

This will go over really well when the school gets sued and they haven't a) followed expert advice to prevent b) haven't done what is recommended (and what other, richer schools are doing) c) they initially proposed x work up with all the documents telling people why it was necessary but now are doing the bare minimum to claim the athlete should be cleared to play. Considering the NCAA came out in a national statement and said the athlete should bear none of the cost related to COVID infection I expect the ambulance chasers are salivating. Especially since they booted the incompetents who were running the CDC and they are reinstituting sharing evidence based information.
              I was referring to an NHL team with a lot of resources.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                ... but the pandemic ended last spring!

I mean come on, we're back down to only a 9/11 worth of deaths every day. Stop overreacting.
                Biden is President we aren't supposed to be hearing about this anymore anyways!
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

And like magic, it just disappeared!
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• You have this news as well

Although very little is publicly known about Jonathan Toews' condition, Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman said that information isn't being withheld.

“I don’t have any update on Jonathan,” Bowman said. “And when I say this, I mean it: It’s not like we have additional information that we’re holding back. All we know is he’s not ready to play right now.” Toews hasn't played this season due to a medical issue which has left him feeling "drained and lethargic." Toews has been experiencing those symptoms for months, perhaps even as far back as the 2020 playoffs. What we don't know is what's causing those issues. Back in December, it was reported that Toews was working with doctors to better understand his condition. There's no timetable for his return and the Blackhawks are giving him time and space.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Just go on over to the Hockey Least thread. No one should ever have been taking this seriously because the little boys can't find ways to entertain themselves without college hockey. Facts and taking it seriously is an affront! an affront I say.

UNH is letting students in and one of the a55wipes is jubilant- take that you libruls- and this will esp show me the error of my ways. ::rolling eyes:: lil' les came home today and first thing out of his mouth was they are really working on the DIE part of their motto. The second thing was thank God this wasn't in the county he works for. The numbers in NH are not good.

Personally I think UNH got jealous of UMA and upped their game to show just how many people they can infect at once. You can't cure stupid. Karma really needs to do her job.

Waiting to see some clear messaging about the vaccine. Lots of confusion re what the vaccine will do and not do. People don't seem to be catching on. Hoping we see some kind of PSA like the this is your brain on drugs ads.
                      Last edited by leswp1; 02-10-2021, 09:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
                        You have this news as well

Although very little is publicly known about Jonathan Toews' condition, Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman said that information isn't being withheld.

“I don’t have any update on Jonathan,” Bowman said. “And when I say this, I mean it: It’s not like we have additional information that we’re holding back. All we know is he’s not ready to play right now.” Toews hasn't played this season due to a medical issue which has left him feeling "drained and lethargic." Toews has been experiencing those symptoms for months, perhaps even as far back as the 2020 playoffs. What we don't know is what's causing those issues. Back in December, it was reported that Toews was working with doctors to better understand his condition. There's no timetable for his return and the Blackhawks are giving him time and space.
                        Did they check him for a tapeworm?

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
                          You have this news as well

I remember Darren Fletcher went through a similar thing around 10 years ago and he wound up having colitis. A lot of elite athletes develop stomach issues for whatever reason.

Comment

• We should bring back the stocks for these POS.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I remember Darren Fletcher went through a similar thing around 10 years ago and he wound up having colitis. A lot of elite athletes develop stomach issues for whatever reason.
                              I happen to be good friends with the current American women's record holder for 48 hour duration (243.5 miles, no breaks). She always says that ultra-running is just an eating contest where you keep your legs moving - the limit of your performance is determined by how many calories per hour your digestive system can process.

American Women’s 48-Hour Record - Marisa Lizak Sets the 48-Hour Record (runnersworld.com)
                              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Biden announced he has purchased an additional 100 million Moderna and 100 million Pfizer vaccine doses by July. Also the 100 million vaccine doses that were promised by the end of June will be delivered by the end of May. Biden says there will be enough vaccine doses for all Americans by end of July.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X