Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    At the rate this is going I won't be vaccinated til the summer so I am going to go with...no.
    I agree, Maine has been doing approx. 4000 vaccine shots a day, that ain't setting the world on fire. Now maybe that will go up as they have opened up some larger buildings to do more folks in a day but can they get the doses to do that?. Should have lots of variants around here by the time Maine gets close to the numbers needed for herd immunity.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      There are enough anti-science nuts that some regions will probably fester long after the rest of the country has its act together.
      Hopefully the local lesions will not metastasize.

Comment

• https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/945313#vp_2

Great article on 'allergic' response- or not.

Comment

• I am evil but karma is heartless. Last week an employer was giving me crap about covid not being a truly serious illness -- "it's basically a cold." Today I find out he and two family members have tested positive and he sounded pretty laid out to me. Wisconsin is STILL seeing nearly 20% of all tests coming back positive. Unless the Biden federal response really improves vaccination roll-out and actually gets it in the arms of people, this ain't going away here until the end of 2021 at the earliest.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

Hopefully the local lesions will not metastasize.
            There's always chemo.

Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

There's always chemo.

gopalm?

Comment

• There are 362 total people in the hospital with covid-19 in MN, a state of 5.6 million.

More people were in the hospital with the flu during the last flu season.

Comment

• The flu abruptly disappeared in March of 2020.

It disappeared at about the exact same time covid-19 testing and detection ramped up.

See the timing overlay below

Comment

• “The Wife” received her second shot (Moderna) yesterday. Last night was fine, but it knocked her on her arse today. Ran a fever and napped for a good chunk of the day, but awake, sweating-it-out, and feeling better now. She’s been through hell and back, (cancer survivor, colon) so this is a walk in the park. SO worth it, with her medical history.

As posted a few weeks ago, “the Girl” got her second dose (Pfizer), with no side effects whatsoever. We have heard that there may be some correlation between blood type and susceptibility to the virus, as well as reactions to the vaccines. “The Girl” is ‘O’ (as am I), and “the Wife” is ‘A’. Those with blood type ‘O’ supposedly handle the virus/vaccine better. Not sure if this is true/fact, but in my extremely small sample size of 2, it holds water.

Cheers!!!
                    ~TTF
                    Last edited by Transplanted Tiger Fan; 02-06-2021, 06:27 PM.
                    Dave
                    RIT - '90

Comment

• Covid “Cases” plummeting everywhere across the country. Doesn’t matter if a State has strict restrictions like CA, some restrictions, or very few like FL.

Hospitalizations are also at normal levels literally just about everywhere. Some places have fewer than the previous Flu season.

It’s almost like it is a seasonal virus...

Sorry #CovidZombies

Comment

• Is Jed arguing vaccinations work? Didn’t see that one coming.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                          Is Jed arguing vaccinations work? Didn’t see that one coming.
                          Are we taking about the vaccine that we don’t know if it works so you still have to play sick after you get it?

Lmao. The critical thinking ability of chimps. Maybe.

Anyway back in reality “cases” peaked back in Mid November and have been plummeting since. Hospitals were never overwhelmed.

So much for that Holiday surge.

Now the scare tactic of the day... Variants.

Stay scared, play Covid forever.
                          Last edited by Jeb2020; 02-06-2021, 08:52 PM.

Comment

• Sometimes it’s funny to read what an OAN viewer is conditioned to see in the world, other times it’s sad. This time it’s both.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              Sometimes it’s funny to read what an OAN viewer is conditioned to see in the world, other times it’s sad. This time it’s both.
                              There are 362 total people in the hospital with covid-19 in MN, a state of 5.6 million.

More people were in the hospital with the flu during the last flu season.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                Sometimes it’s funny to read what an OAN viewer is conditioned to see in the world, other times it’s sad. This time it’s both.
                                You ever notice how the folks that spout how much they love #Science ^^^ , actually discuss political affiliations more than anything...

Anyway back in reality.

Comment

Working...
                                X