Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
    It was the weirdest symptom I’ve ever experienced. I put my nose right in containers of pure ammonia, gasoline, Copenhagen... couldn’t even catch a hint of a smell. It’s coming back but hopefully the illness (or my experiments) didn’t cause long term nerve damage...
    Very sorry to hear about this. Hoping for the best for you, FTLT + hubby, DGF, HF77 and if I missed anyone to you as well. : (

Comment

• Boston is going to let all of its mueseums open. I love them but it seems very unnecessary given where we are right now and the fact that it is likely to attract some tourists. There are so many parts of the pandemic response that make absolutely no sense.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        Boston is going to let all of its mueseums open. I love them but it seems very unnecessary given where we are right now and the fact that it is likely to attract some tourists. There are so many parts of the pandemic response that make absolutely no sense.
        I'm confident that museums will take safety seriously, especially here, but this seems like an incredibly unnecessary risk. Numbers here are dropping but are still in the 4000s. I feel like the summer was less open and we had cases in the 400s.
        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Captain Tom Moore dead of covid

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-...herts-55881753

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            BoJo should resign and let Jeremy Hunt take over. What an absolute shambles.

Comment

Boston is going to let all of its mueseums open.
              In similar news, Dallas will open its libraries.

Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• https://emedicine.medscape.com/artic...7343&faf=1&#a1

Great article. Concise. Lots of info, synopsis of where things are..

Mobile site totally sucks. Holy Hannah. It takes about 15 screens to get where you need to be

Comment

• My company is up and running with patient vaccinations. Started slow, mostly due to weather, but we're getting there. Should be in the 5 figures per day from our various sites within a couple of weeks (this does not include the large scale sites we're working for the state, I'm just talking the individual smaller dozen or two sites we've set up across eastern MA).

Comment

• Does anyone else think the next month or two will be a major turning point either way? To me it seems like we are either going to get things under control and get a lot of people vaccinated or the variants are going to take hold and we’re going to be back where we were a year ago.

Comment

• At the rate this is going I won't be vaccinated til the summer so I am going to go with...no.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Does anyone else think the next month or two will be a major turning point either way? To me it seems like we are either going to get things under control and get a lot of people vaccinated or the variants are going to take hold and we’re going to be back where we we re a year ago.
                        I don't see anything significantly changing until September. There's a balance between the lack of change vs. the good news that some of the vaccines do have data suggesting that they do slow the spread. So I don't really see this repeating 2020, but it's going to take a while.

So I expect that there will be not be sell outs at sporting events until late fall.

The interesting thing about the variants is about how the vaccines were developed so fast- the RNA method is really quick, so developing the vaccine should be pretty quick to update. Some suggested that the second booster shots can include the updates in them- sort of like computer updates. Makes me optimistic that this can be forced out by the end of the year.

Comment

• There are enough anti-science nuts that some regions will probably fester long after the rest of the country has its act together.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

I don't see anything significantly changing until September. There's a balance between the lack of change vs. the good news that some of the vaccines do have data suggesting that they do slow the spread. So I don't really see this repeating 2020, but it's going to take a while.

So I expect that there will be not be sell outs at sporting events until late fall.

The interesting thing about the variants is about how the vaccines were developed so fast- the RNA method is really quick, so developing the vaccine should be pretty quick to update. Some suggested that the second booster shots can include the updates in them- sort of like computer updates. Makes me optimistic that this can be forced out by the end of the year.
                            The other saving grace on vaccines is that mostly they targeted those spike proteins - so in theory, they'd be at least somewhat effective against any mutation of said spike protein. See J&J's results against the SA strain. As good? Nope. Plenty good enough for a real, material impact? Most definitely.

Also, while I've long given up predicting when COVID will go away (read: no longer require social distancing/masks/behavioral changes), I do think that if the US roughly accomplishes our goal of vaccinating anyone who can receive it and wants to by summer, that by fall things will look remarkably "normal". I agree with Kepler that because we have so many braindead morons, it's going to linger far longer than it ought to, but for those of us not so stupid as to reject the vaccine life will resume something approaching normalcy. Hopefully spread can be reduced enough to achieve that herd immunity we need to protect those who medically can't receive it.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

They may be able to update vaccine for variants in as little as six weeks.

does not account for production of course

Comment

• Amazing that durning a pandemic no hospitals anywhere are overwhelmed. Not even in California over the past couple of months.

Is there even an endemic let alone pandemic?

#StayHysterical

Comment

Working...
                                X