Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warp Speed Doesn't Work Without Fuel

Top Trump officials actively lobbied Congress to deny state governments any extra funding for the Covid-19 vaccine rollout last fall — despite frantic warnings from state officials that they didn’t have the money they needed to ramp up a massive vaccination operation.

The push, described to STAT by congressional aides in both parties and openly acknowledged by one of the Trump officials, came from multiple high-ranking Trump health officials in repeated meetings with legislators.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Before, or after the election?
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
        Before, or after the election?
        Starting in October it would seem.

The previously unreported lobbying efforts underscore that even after the Trump administration spent billions helping drug makers develop Covid-19 vaccines, it not only dismissed states’ concerns about the help they would need to roll them out, but actively undermined their efforts to press Congress to get the funding they needed.

Much of the lobbying push came from Paul Mango, the former deputy chief of staff for policy at the Department of Health and Human Services. He argued, repeatedly, that states hadn’t demonstrated they needed additional funding because, at least as of last October, they hadn’t spent the $200 million that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention sent to states in September.
        The Trump Clown (named Mango...cause that is just perfect!) actually accused the states of wanting more money to cover the loss of tax revenue.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Come on, all, we are not supposed to care about either Dakota. They are doing great and are free- that's all that matters. Allegedly.

Have to totally ignore that the states they are among WRT infections and deaths were some of the very first states hit vs. having months, and months to not ony plan but to copy processes from other states, and we should remember that they are so spread out that distancing comes normally. All is well.
          Actually, North Dakota has done quite well for the last month plus. I think they're running at maybe 50 hospitalizations on average at any given point in time with single digit ICU patients, compared with 350 hospitalizations on average back in November. The seven day average positivity rate for testing has been below 5% since Christmas, and lately has been below 3%. I think they averaged something like two deaths per day for the month.

That's not to say they won't see another surge. The state has really only gone through one big surge, that peaked in November, but lately the numbers look very good for them.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Actually, North Dakota has done quite well for the last month plus. I think they're running at maybe 50 hospitalizations on average at any given point in time with single digit ICU patients, compared with 350 hospitalizations on average back in November. The seven day average positivity rate for testing has been below 5% since Christmas, and lately has been below 3%. I think they averaged something like two deaths per day for the month.

That's not to say they won't see another surge. The state has really only gone through one big surge, that peaked in November, but lately the numbers look very good for them.
            That's good to hear. But from what I hear from family and friends, the behaviors, especially masking, are still reckless. But I'm not there, and my information is very limited.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

That's good to hear. But from what I hear from family and friends, the behaviors, especially masking, are still reckless. But I'm not there, and my information is very limited.
              I think the state is still pretty open. If I recall correctly, there really isn't much for a business shut down, and most mask wearing is "recommended" but I don't think there is any sort of enforcement.

I assume the drop is largely due to much colder weather, and the fact that we're past the holiday seasons. The other thing is that I think they've vaccinated about 100,000 people, last I heard. Together with the 100,000 who already had the disease, the ability of the virus to spread has to be somewhat impeded in a state with only 760,000 people.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Oh good. B117 in the UK has picked up a key mutation that the SA strain had that helped reduce the vaccine effectiveness.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Hopefully you don’t regress. My smell came back, but my moms really didn’t and now everything smells burned to her.
                  The insomnia I now have didn’t hit until about 3 months post covid
                  My wife and I never lost taste or smell but now we smell stale cigarette smoke everywhere we go.
                  "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                  Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                  Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• I still can't believe our country was dumb enough to make masks a political issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      I still can't believe our country was dumb enough to make masks a political issue.
                      Why not? Masks were a political issue in our last pandemic 100 years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

My wife and I never lost taste or smell but now we smell stale cigarette smoke everywhere we go.
                        Yeah I’ve heard of that. I told my mOm it could be worse and she could smell cigarettes

I’m going back to neurologist this week

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          I still can't believe our country was dumb enough to make masks a political issue.
                          Masks don’t work at all.

Comment

• My wife had her first shot of the Moderna vaccine today. Her arm is very sore...she’s said repeatedly. And I’m not sure if her headache is from getting the vaccine or her anxiety over getting the vaccine - she’s upset that she was selected in the lottery while her parents, both 70+, and her dad on the transplant list for a kidney, were not selected. It’s been a moral quandary for her.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

It was the weirdest symptom I’ve ever experienced. I put my nose right in containers of pure ammonia, gasoline, Copenhagen... couldn’t even catch a hint of a smell. It’s coming back but hopefully the illness (or my experiments) didn’t cause long term nerve damage...
                              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Tangentially related.

You ain’t smelled nothing until you take a deep breath of 12 molar ammonia. **** will clean your sinuses for a week.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X