Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Article out today about immune response, antibodies and the likelihood covid may lead to many auto immune diseases. This paper is scary- I have signs of developing one and giving up carbs wasn’t in my plans.

just like the flu

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...76v1.full-text

Comment

• Novavax vaccine drops to 60 from 89 on the South African variant.

South Carolina now has confirmed cases of the SA variant

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        Article out today about immune response, antibodies and the likelihood covid may lead to many auto immune diseases. This paper is scary- I have signs of developing one and giving up carbs wasn’t in my plans.

just like the flu

Unless you are elderly, ill and in a long term care facility it is much more like a Cold.
        Last edited by Jeb2020; 01-28-2021, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Article out today about immune response, antibodies and the likelihood covid may lead to many auto immune diseases. This paper is scary- I have signs of developing one and giving up carbs wasn’t in my plans.

just like the flu

Yuck. I had seen they were looking into this a few months ago. Reminds me of what happens to some people after getting mycoplasma pneumonia.- hyper activation of allergies and reactivity.

Comment

just like the flu

Back with a second comment- makes me wonder about the inflammatory properties and also some things I had heard in past about Type II DM being queued up by some sort of autoimmune response in the pancreas. (no linky- can't remember when I read this)

Comment

• Absolutely vile post.

so, consistently on brand.

Comment

Absolutely vile post.

Wild guess. Jebbie?
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Absolutely vile post.

I really don’t understand why the powers that be allow it.

Thinking of you!
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

I really don’t understand why the powers that be allow it.

Thinking of you!
                    What powers that be? They havent paid attention in months.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• ^^^^^CovidZombies

Comment

• Just think, California did all that really cool #Science stuff.

All-cause mortality is often described as the “gold-standard.” Here’s 2020 data:

FL: 13.8% excess

CA: 15.5% excess

All the more striking since FL is 2nd oldest, CA 45th.

Maybe ignoring textbook pandemic planning & electing instead to CaNCeL SoCiEtY wasn’t the best call?

And it’s getting worse for CA: December saw 40.3% excess deaths, vs 15.8% in FL. Wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by handyman View Post

no that is nebraska fans :^d
                          N o w l e d g e
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• The MN COVID vaccine lottery is a bit weird. One of my wife’s coworkers also won an appointment, but she has to drive to Thief River Falls for the shot. Say what?!
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

Yuck. I had seen they were looking into this a few months ago. Reminds me of what happens to some people after getting mycoplasma pneumonia.- hyper activation of allergies and reactivity.
                              This matches my conversations with our attending docs here - they've been treating COVID as a CV disease since Spring. Dexamethasone and other anti-inflammatory treatments significantly reduced mortality, and even through the summer intensivists were looking at this totally differently than respiratory illnesses (other than treating those symptoms).

But yeah. Totes the flu.
                              I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

What powers that be? They havent paid attention in months.
                                Former posters who have recently gotten the ban hammer disagree.

Comment

Working...
                                X