Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Jesus ****

The P.1 variant was found in Minnesota. Why the **** did Minnesota have five cases of b117 and now P1?
    Lot of travelers to and from Minnesota.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Michael Osterholm just was on MSNBC and helped explain the issues with getting the vaccine in arms. Says he thinks in the next 2-4 weeks that the issues should be resolved. Basically since Operation Warp Speed did nothing to set up the infrastructure for how the vaccine would be delivered it was never going to work. Mentioned how Minnesota's issue was it set aside too much for the long term care facilities originally and now is shifting all of that to the 65+ crowd.

Then when asked if he thinks the current plateau is a sign of things getting better he flat out said no that it is going to get worse especially because of the new variants.

Meanwhile it sounds like early next week Johnson and Johnson should release their Phase 3 numbers for their one shot vaccine.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
        This is exactly where the concept of "personal responsibility" breaks down. The inaction of the prior administration pushed the decision down into the hands of individual business owners: do I shut down at great personal economic cost to me and my employees, or do I remain open and hope for the best? When there are millions of individuals "flipping that same coin," there will be millions who will take the risk - certainly enough to maintain critical mass for further spread of the virus. Since the virus is going to spread anyway, then where's the virtue in being one of the responsible ones who choose to shut down? So then even more people will make the risky choice, and on and on. It's a classic "free rider" problem.

The only way we can collectively do the right thing is if we do it....collectively. i.e. through government policy. It's the only way.
        Yes, the state must be tougher. Small businesses need help, but general isolation is a must. Unfortunately, in a democratic society and with an active struggle for their rights and freedoms, this is problematic.

Comment

Jesus ****

The P.1 variant was found in Minnesota. Why the **** did Minnesota have five cases of b117 and now P1?
          Same reason one of the variants was found at Michigan and shut down their athletic department. People travel and people are selfish.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Same reason one of the variants was found at Michigan and shut down their athletic department. People travel and people are selfish.
            Just as selfish is that some students are so upset about losing 2 weeks of their season. This isn't a cancelation, and none of them are losing the benefits of being a student athlete. Just that they are on hold for 2 weeks. Accept it and move on. It's a game.

Comment

Michael Osterholm just was on MSNBC and helped explain the issues with getting the vaccine in arms. Says he thinks in the next 2-4 weeks that the issues should be resolved. Basically since Operation Warp Speed did nothing to set up the infrastructure for how the vaccine would be delivered it was never going to work. Mentioned how Minnesota's issue was it set aside too much for the long term care facilities originally and now is shifting all of that to the 65+ crowd.

Then when asked if he thinks the current plateau is a sign of things getting better he flat out said no that it is going to get worse especially because of the new variants.

Meanwhile it sounds like early next week Johnson and Johnson should release their Phase 3 numbers for their one shot vaccine.
              As people know, I've been critical of Minnesota's roll out of the vaccine, but I think their current plan is a very good one. Rather than have people try to call in or sign up online for specific appointments, which results in all sorts of log jams, they are just letting eligible people register online over the course of one 24 hour period. Then, they will select at random from that registered group those people to get vaccinated, based upon available doses. Then, as more doses become available, they select, at random, another group from those that registered. Presumably as the registered list shortens, they'll have another registration period and expand the group of people eligible to sign up.

Now, it'll depend in large part on the willingness and ability of those people who registered to go in and get vaccinated if their name is drawn. Hopefully the system will work such that if someone is drawn but they say they can't make it to their appointment, someone else is then drawn. But it won't work as efficiently if people just don't show up for appointments.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• I would assume they have backups for every draw or at least something in place so the dose gets used. Who knows though.

Did I hear right that Florida is fighting the idea of mass vaccination sites like the Administration is suggesting? If so what could possibly be the reason behind that.

To tell you how bad the former crew did in all of this the CDC still can't even answer the question of how many vaccines they have available. This is what happens when you have no central leadership. If the CDC can't even tell the Governors how many shots they are going to have how can the Governors plan a rollout?
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I have a friend traveling to South America to get laid. I’m not joking. People are beyond selfish

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

I have a friend traveling to South America to get laid. I’m not joking. People are beyond selfish

I would not be continuing my friendship with someone who so willingly sacrifices his friends and family so he can get his knob wet. That person seems like a psychopath.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I would not be continuing my friendship with someone who so willingly sacrifices his friends and family so he can get his knob wet. That person seems like a psychopath.
                      There’s a reason I dumped him years ago. I use the term friend loosely

Comment

• Yeah...he isnt a psychopath as much as he is just dumber than a bag of hair.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Yeah...he isnt a psychopath as much as he is just dumber than a bag of hair.
                          And his grad degree is from...Cornell

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

And his grad degree is from...Cornell
                            Cornell Graduate School? I would be surprised by that.

Or is he Cornell Law or Cornell Biz / ILR? That wouldn't surprise me at all.

I'm gonna assume he isn't Cornell Med or Cornell Vet.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Cornell Graduate School? I would be surprised by that.

Or is he Cornell Law or Cornell Biz / ILR? That wouldn't surprise me at all.

I'm gonna assume he isn't Cornell Med or Cornell Vet.
                              You are correct, the mba

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Lot of travelers through Minnesota.
                                Fixed. ;-)
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X