Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
    I was trying to figure out if I disagreed with the panelist on Maher because of what he was saying, or because once he said he's a Libertarian that then framed my view of him. I was trying to dissociate, but it's a challenge.

Meanwhile, my work place of ~250 people has had 3 positives this month. 2 within the last week that work in the same area. Yet, I still have coworkers that pull their mask down to talk.
    You are at work? We are still not going until June, at least. At least a gross majority of our engineering and management.

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

We've run into this same thing three times. Even we (the parents) got symptoms. Negative for all three of us all three times. Keep the faith.

Of course this post really seals the deal that you totally have it. Sorry.
      4 negatives. Whoo hoo. Back at work this morning....
      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

Good. Don't die, that's a dick move.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

You are at work? We are still not going until June, at least. At least a gross majority of our engineering and management.
          Yes. Even back in March or April or whenever a lot of automotive shut down for a bit, we stayed open. They even issued letters proclaiming us "essential" as part of agriculture and/or infrastructure in case we were questioned on our way to or from work.

As manufacturing support, when my old boss was my boss I was at least working from home a few days a week, but some days I do need to interact with production or physically investigate issues. With the plant manager as my boss, he likes to schedule in person meetings so I've been on site everyday since August or so.
          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
          7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Back in October my nephew, his wife, and two girls all tested positive. They all recovered, and the worst case they had felt like a mild cold. Still, your situation just reminded me of his situation as being the complete opposite of yours.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I was trying to figure out if I disagreed with the panelist on Maher because of what he was saying, or because once he said he's a Libertarian that then framed my view of him. I was trying to dissociate, but it's a challenge.

Meanwhile, my work place of ~250 people has had 3 positives this month. 2 within the last week that work in the same area. Yet, I still have coworkers that pull their mask down to talk.
              3 positive tests. Sounds Scary.

How many infections?

Comment

• We have any double maskers in #CovidZombie land?

Comment

• I'm worried that my husband and I won't get sick. He has diabetes and I buy rybelsus for his treatment. He is not in very good health like me, so we still take vitamins and try to exercise regularly. I hope it will end soon and we will live as before
                  Last edited by jjuliajul11; 01-31-2021, 03:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjuliajul11 View Post
                    I'm worried that my husband and I won't get sick. He has diabetes and I buy rybelsus for his treatment. He is not in very good health like me, so we still take vitamins and try to exercise regularly. I hope it will end soon and we will live as before
                    You only have to worry about computer viruses.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• To the one that I should ignore, but for some reason couldn't. The 3 positive tests at my plant this month have all been symptomatic fever, headache, body aches, extreme fatigue
                      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                      7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

To the one that I should ignore, but for some reason couldn't. The 3 positive tests at my plant this month have all been symptomatic fever, headache, body aches, extreme fatigue
                        It's interesting how so many people are so willing to blow off the fact that so many people are suffering in hospitals and so many have died.

While it's a fact that most people don't suffer, all that does is give one some relief that if they get infected, the odds are better that they won't suffer than get sick and die. Nobody disagrees with that data.

Just that when you focus only on that, it pretty much blows off all the +400,000 dead Americans and the billions of dollars we are spending on keeping other people alive in hospitals. All of which could have been avoided had this been taken seriously a year ago. Including quickly putting direct relief checks to people who's business had to be shut down. It would have been a lot easier to keep the spread down if people were not suffering so much with closed businesses.

Alas, playing the political game murdered hundreds of thousands of Americans, spend billions in healthcare, and millions of people are long term out of jobs and suffering.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                          All of which could have been avoided had this been taken seriously a year ago. Including quickly putting direct relief checks to people who's business had to be shut down. It would have been a lot easier to keep the spread down if people were not suffering so much with closed businesses.
                          This is exactly where the concept of "personal responsibility" breaks down. The inaction of the prior administration pushed the decision down into the hands of individual business owners: do I shut down at great personal economic cost to me and my employees, or do I remain open and hope for the best? When there are millions of individuals "flipping that same coin," there will be millions who will take the risk - certainly enough to maintain critical mass for further spread of the virus. Since the virus is going to spread anyway, then where's the virtue in being one of the responsible ones who choose to shut down? So then even more people will make the risky choice, and on and on. It's a classic "free rider" problem.

The only way we can collectively do the right thing is if we do it....collectively. i.e. through government policy. It's the only way.
                          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Jesus ****

The P.1 variant was found in Minnesota. Why the **** did Minnesota have five cases of b117 and now P1?
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

This is exactly where the concept of "personal responsibility" breaks down. The inaction of the prior administration pushed the decision down into the hands of individual business owners: do I shut down at great personal economic cost to me and my employees, or do I remain open and hope for the best? When there are millions of individuals "flipping that same coin," there will be millions who will take the risk - certainly enough to maintain critical mass for further spread of the virus. Since the virus is going to spread anyway, then where's the virtue in being one of the responsible ones who choose to shut down? So then even more people will make the risky choice, and on and on. It's a classic "free rider" problem.

The only way we can collectively do the right thing is if we do it....collectively. i.e. through government policy. It's the only way.
                              And the only government structure that can afford to do that is the federal.

Our MI governor has been bashed for being careful in spite of the lost business- where she is responsible for the health of the population. But over the decades of shrinking MI's government, there was no chance that the state could pay for business to shut down.

I should just stop- once this became a political game a year ago, there was no way R's would go for the direct relief. Just over a year since they had signed a bill to give direct relief to very wealthy people and corporations. And the COVID bills were more directed at corporate relief than worker relief. All of the blame for small companies rested on the governors when the blame was directly with the president and his racist party.

Makes my blood boil. Coulda, woulda, shoulda- didn't, quite intentionally.

Comment

• Relief focused on the business side is exactly the sort of leftover supply side economics that we've been seeing for 40 years or more. As a yoot, I thought that the theory behind trickle down economics was sound. Unfortunately, like many solid-seeming theories. it did not pan out. The PPP plan was the very embodiment of that, as is the Republican refusal to take responsibility for how horrendously it was administered.
                                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Working...
                                X