Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy ****

https://twitter.com/sarahzhang/statu...203083780?s=21

Yes distributing the COVID-19 vaccines in 2021 is complicated but have you considered how Spain got the smallpox vaccine across the Atlantic in 1803

Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Hahaha omg. One of the replies

Do not, on any account, let this anywhere near the current UK government.
      Code:
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Hahaha omg. One of the replies

Do not, on any account, let this anywhere near the current UK government.
        Really, any UK government.

They have a bad track record.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• So 4k dead per day is now the acceptable standard? Thanks, Obama.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I think it's mostly the latter. NY got destroyed because it was first. It would have happened to any major city that was first.

Well, any in the US. Singapore has 29 deaths.
            Not to disagree with you on your main point, but I call absolute BS on Singapore's reported numbers.
            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

Not to disagree with you on your main point, but I call absolute BS on Singapore's reported numbers.
              I obviously can’t prove it, but I’m not so sure there’s fraudulent numbers there. They are a much healthier society with outstanding health care.

migrant dormitory housing I think was a bunch of their spread so I wonder if those numbers got fudged

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

I obviously can’t prove it, but I’m not so sure there’s fraudulent numbers there. They are a much healthier society with outstanding health care.

migrant dormitory housing I think was a bunch of their spread so I wonder if those numbers got fudged
                That's what I'm talking about - healthcare shmealthcare. Population density determines spread, by and large. I just don't believe most country's numbers. Hell, I think even we are wildly under-testing and under-reporting.

Comment

Holy ****

https://twitter.com/sarahzhang/statu...203083780?s=21

Yes distributing the COVID-19 vaccines in 2021 is complicated but have you considered how Spain got the smallpox vaccine across the Atlantic in 1803

This doesn’t surprise me at all. Ends justified the means back then, and it’s not like they had cold storage or the ability to synthesize vaccines in a lab. Any port in a storm, as it were.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

That's what I'm talking about - healthcare shmealthcare. Population density determines spread, by and large. I just don't believe most country's numbers. Hell, I think even we are wildly under-testing and under-reporting.
                    While it should, there are plenty of data to show that high density places can control it. Vs. largely open areas who can't. See the District of Columbia vs either Dakota state.

It's fair to question their data. But to just assume it's wrong because density is faulty.

Comment

Are you suggesting that Taiwan is hiding numbers too then? Because it’s not true that every high density place has the same issues.
                      in this country, for sure

Comment

• Vietnam is another

it’s simpler than all of this. It’s a culture thing. Murcians tend to hate authority. A lot of Asian cultures don’t have that automatic aversion. A lot of deference to authority. Not as an absolute obviously.

Plus a lot of these countries already had a relatively high fraction of mask wearers. And draconian penalties for breaking quarantine. Like, things that would be arguably unconstitutional here.
                        Code:

Comment

• They also have way more experience dealing with stuff like this. First sign of an outbreak and they do what must be done. We just assume it is fake. They get out ahead of it and we cross our fingers and wait.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

it’s simpler than all of this. It’s a culture thing. Murcians tend to hate authority.
                            Boy has Dump laid that old myth to rest.

Middle Muddling Muricans are just as much bovine desperate for a master as any other group. They just want that master to look and talk a certain way.

Americans' "anti-authoritarian strain" is about as sincere and effective as a Mentos commercial.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Vietnam is another

it’s simpler than all of this. It’s a culture thing. Murcians tend to hate authority. A lot of Asian cultures don’t have that automatic aversion. A lot of deference to authority. Not as an absolute obviously.

Plus a lot of these countries already had a relatively high fraction of mask wearers. And draconian penalties for breaking quarantine. Like, things that would be arguably unconstitutional here.
                              That’s a lot of it. Nothing is simple but these high density Asian cities have been able to do this well (outside of China in beginning).

i realize it looks funny but I know a great deal about their health systems (and that’s more than hospitals so saying system schmystem isn’t fair) and I would not assume false reporting on these numbers

Comment

• I am not accusing anyone other than China and Russia (and Trump) of actively working to distort numbers, but I remain highly skeptical of any densely populated area with minimal impact. There are some excellent success stories - Australia, S. Korea, Taiwan, etc. And there are some catastrophic failures (the US).

Comment

Working...
                                X