Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NY, NY and MA are likely not going to lose their place at the top for total deaths / 1M pop, but SD and ND have slowly climbed their way into the Top 10 at 6th and 7th respectively.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      NY, NY and MA are likely not going to lose their place at the top for total deaths / 1M pop, but SD and ND have slowly climbed their way into the Top 10 at 6th and 7th respectively.
      Well, if you're gonna count NY twice...
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Well, if you're gonna count NY twice...
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Arizona is blowing up with the snowbird arrivals. My delivery lead on this project and his wife (in Phoenix) have both been battling it for the last 8-10 days. Their symptoms have cycled from mild to moderate.

Comment

NY, NY and MA are likely not going to lose their place at the top for total deaths / 1M pop, but SD and ND have slowly climbed their way into the Top 10 at 6th and 7th respectively.
            Actually, North Dakota has been dropping in rank in that particular category. Obviously, the per capita number doesn't go down because once the people are dead, they're dead. But at one point I believe North Dakota was as high as #4 in terms of death per capita (as pointed out to me repeatedly on this board) but they've dropped a few places as Rhode Island, Connecticut and others have stepped up their game.
            Last edited by SJHovey; 01-13-2021, 03:37 PM.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Population density should play a huge factor into death rates as well. NY is not #1 because, for the most part, it's NYC/LI and then a whole lot of nothingness. But MA is the third most dense state in the country. It makes sense that it has the 3rd highest death rate. Plus we got whacked early, before we really knew how to treat it.
              I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                Population density should play a huge factor into death rates as well. NY is not #1 because, for the most part, it's NYC/LI and then a whole lot of nothingness. But MA is the third most dense state in the country. It makes sense that it has the 3rd highest death rate. Plus we got whacked early, before we really knew how to treat it.
                I think it's mostly the latter. NY got destroyed because it was first. It would have happened to any major city that was first.

Well, any in the US. Singapore has 29 deaths.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Actually, North Dakota has been dropping in rank in that particular category. Obviously, the per capita number doesn't go down because once the people are dead, they're dead. But at one point I believe North Dakota was as high as #4 in terms of death per capita (as pointed out to me repeatedly on this board) but they've dropped a few places as Rhode Island, Connecticut and others have stepped up their game.
                  Proud of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

Perhaps I'm confusing their recommendations vs. what others have been advocating. There are officials making a push to not hold back second-dose vials in order to get some sort of vaccination into more people. I think it's an exceptionally short-sighted view.
                    Right. So far it seems that there's a number of vaccines available out there, they just haven't ended up in people's arms. Why release those second dose units they're holding back if they haven't even got the first batch used yet?

It doesn't seem that there are production issues so far, so I don't believe there are shortages, but the feds haven't been getting the allotments to the states they were expecting, even if they've been slow to get them in people's arms. But as you say, what if all these people do get the first dose, and then it's weeks beyond the scheduled time before a second dose becomes available?
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Proud of you.
                      It was nothing.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Proud of you.
                        Embarrassed for you.

Comment

• It’s a Cold Virus.

Comment

• Well, somebody got embarrassed today, anyway.

Last edited by Kepler; 01-13-2021, 07:56 PM.
                            Cornell University

Comment

• "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Looks like the GOP was right...once the election was over we wouldnt be talking much about COVID anymore. Of course that is cause of other reasons but hey...they are never right about anything so give them this one! ;^)

4100 new deaths, 236k new cases. We will pass 400k deaths sometime Friday. That is one helluva flu...
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X