Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
    The BioNTech/Pfizer vaccine appears to be affective against both the UK and SA mutations: Reuters: Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine appears effective against mutation in new coronavirus variants -study.

https://reut.rs/2XocsxA

Not yet peer reviewed though
    One thing worth mentioning, it appears to be effective for ONE of the mutations on the SA variant. They're still testing against the other. I'm not entirely sure why that would matter, as long as the virus as a whole is still recognized.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Seems like the US has its own rapidly spreading COVID variant now...

COuple that with this great news...
      From The Lancet
      NEW—76% of 1,733 #COVID19 patients diagnosed in #Wuhan had at least one symptom six months after symptom onset; fatigue or muscle weakness and sleep difficulties were the most common symptoms, followed by anxiety or depression. Read the full study: https://hubs.li/H0DyrVD0
      Code:
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• https://twitter.com/bpolitics/status...174486018?s=21

I gotta say, I’m not convinced this is the right idea. The companies have all been saying there is no data to support this or potentially delaying the vaccine, and certainly not mixing the vaccines.

Unless there is new data I’ve not seen. There isn’t any significant protection unless after you get the second dose. The 75% figure is from the Oxford vaccine, not the mRNA ones. Pfizer has previously said there is no data that supports any lasting immunity after 3 weeks with just one dose.

Code:

Comment

• In fact, there are a number of immunologist who think this may make things worse. Think of it like not taking a full course of antibiotics. It might encourage some immune response but not protect against being contagious for example.
          Code:

Comment

• "The Girl" just got her second dose (Pfizer), and she is both thrilled and relieved. Her school is requiring a negative test prior to returning to campus in a few weeks, so hopefully she can avoid that requirement by providing evidence of receiving both doses of the vaccine. We had a bad experience with "the Boy" from the Fall semester, where he was required to produce a negative test prior to arriving in August. He got the test, and a $195 bill to-boot... insurance would not cover it because it was not ordered by a Physician. Lesson learned. Of course, if "the Girl" still needs the test, she has valid justification for getting it since she is frequently "exposed" to COVID patients... errrr, at least she is caring for them (but in full PPE, of course!).

But here's the kicker... "the Wife" went with "the Girl" to get her second dose, and the Nurse asked "the Wife" if she wanted a shot. She replied that she is not a healthcare worker, so she thought she was ineligible. The Nurse asked - "Where do you work?", and "the Wife" replied that she works for the school district. The Nurse said "Great! You're group begins on Monday, and since you're here..." So "the Wife" got her first dose (Moderna) today.

Just yet another part of her plan to "off" me early!

In my experience, New York... at least the rural portion of Western NY that I am in... is doing an excellent job of rolling-out the vaccine. Although my 83 year old Mom in Schenectady is not having much luck. She asked her doctor about getting the shot, and his reply was "I haven't even got it yet".

PS: Leswp1 - I conveyed your words you posted to "the Girl" after she got her first shot, and she was touched and honored by your comments. Thank you.

Cheers!!!
            ~TTF
            Dave
            RIT - '90

Comment

• Congrats TTF!

In bad news 300K new cases and 3914 deaths.

12 states 100+ (1 with 99)
              3 with 200+ (Zona with 197)

Texas with 466 to cruise past 30k total deaths. (too bad Cruz wasnt one of them)
              California with 679! (Devin Nunes' Cow seems fine)
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Seems like the US has its own rapidly spreading COVID variant now...

COuple that with this great news...
                From The Lancet
                NEW—76% of 1,733 #COVID19 patients diagnosed in #Wuhan had at least one symptom six months after symptom onset; fatigue or muscle weakness and sleep difficulties were the most common symptoms, followed by anxiety or depression. Read the full study: https://hubs.li/H0DyrVD0
                I can’t remember the last time I slept through the night, even on ambien. I’m always awake 3-4 hours after falling asleep and it blows. This did not occur pre covid

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Congrats TTF!

In bad news 300K new cases and 3914 deaths.

12 states 100+ (1 with 99)
                  3 with 200+ (Zona with 197)

Texas with 466 to cruise past 30k total deaths. (too bad Cruz wasnt one of them)
                  California with 679! (Devin Nunes' Cow seems fine)
                  That's cause Devin Nunes' Cow's farm is actually somewhere in the midwest. Montana?
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• I dunno I just wanted to make a joke that wasnt as mean as wishing Cruz died of COVID...
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Getting the jab tomorrow. Can't wait!

Teaching starting first week in Feb but will boost in that week so timing should be right.

Heard something interesting yesterday- the person talking (I can't remember what the exact specialty was) was saying the dose schedule was driven by the need to fast track the approval. That there was some indication that a longer wait for the 2nd dose boost may actually provide a better immunity. This was not in the context of the immunize everyone once but more why they had the schedule they did.

Meanwhile.... is there any data keeping track of all the positive tests, games canceled in college sports? We see them used as an excuse for people to think they can go on with regular life because the sports people do it. Have seen at least one blatant falsehood published re numbers of positives that have occurred on a team. Lots of teams are managing to successfully suppress the information - at least 3 teams in one of the leagues has had huge numbers of team members positive. There's no standardized protocol for testing or requirement for testing before competition. Each league has different requirements, each team has different protocols. Many of them are inadequate with the result coming back after the team played a positive player. I would just love to see what the actual numbers are.

Comment

• Interesting chart on each state, how many doses they have vs how many shots given. WV and ND leading the way at 68%
                        https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...9c87b918204cd4
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          Interesting chart on each state, how many doses they have vs how many shots given. WV and ND leading the way at 68%
                          https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...9c87b918204cd4
                          was listening this AM to someone from WV. They said they bypassed the commercial pharmacies (the avenue recommended by CDC) and relied instead on DPH because the chain pharmacies were not flexible and they had no way to control or predict how they did things. Kind of interesting. I got mine from NH Nat'l Guard. Many of the hospitals in NH are distributing but do not have any avenue to do anyone but their own employees.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

was listening this AM to someone from WV. They said they bypassed the commercial pharmacies (the avenue recommended by CDC) and relied instead on DPH because the chain pharmacies were not flexible and they had no way to control or predict how they did things. Kind of interesting. I got mine from NH Nat'l Guard. Many of the hospitals in NH are distributing but do not have any avenue to do anyone but their own employees.
                            I read this article the other day about West Virginia’s rollout.

https://mountainstatespotlight.org/2...h-departments/

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

I read this article the other day about West Virginia’s rollout.

https://mountainstatespotlight.org/2...h-departments/
                              Oh, good God. The only thing any politician should be doing is cheerleading and getting the funding moving. Then get the fvck outta the way and let the people who know what should happen do it

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

Its ridiculous that states aren't close to 100%, they might just as well let it be first come first serve at this point and get rid of whats on hand. I'm out in the public every work day, I'd get it tomorrow if I could.
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X