Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

They why lie about it to everyone?
    Because Trump's 89MM followers will read the lie, but only 25MM will read all the other sources correcting him.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

People know how to do this. It’s complicated but there are those of us who do this type of planning and organization for a living.

I agree that states should administer it to a level- but the feds have to lay the groundwork, work out supply chain, etc
      I definitely think it’s possible, but it will take significant resources and planning. Hopefully sometime in Q1 we get there.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• The Old United States would have gotten it done. The New United States run by the backwater states of Kentucky and Florida will never get it done.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

You mean 1000 sites vaccinating 1000 people a day. And while it may not be easy, it's still possible. 1000 sites are 20 per state- which can't be that hard. 10,000 sites would be 200/state on average. There are 3006 counties in the US- is that's JUST 3 per county.

Up that to average 10 sites per county, that's 30,000 sites.

Lets say that one at a time means one vaccine per 5 min, or 12 per hour. Over an 8 hour day, that's 108 per site.

108 x 30,000 sites is over 3,000,000 per day.

I can't see that as nearly impossible.

I see that one site can support at least 3 people at a time, every 5 min, and that they would probably want to go the distance and do 12 hours per day (in shifts), so that one site can do 432/day. So even IF we were restricted to 5 sites per county, that would be almost 6.5M vaccinations per day.
          I agree with your numbers. I do see some potential problems though, particularly as it relates to rural areas/counties:

(1) There aren't necessarily even 15 people (or 5 sites) in every county capable of providing the vaccines in rural areas. We would need to have a lot of people traveling to rural counties to provides the vaccinations. Doable, but it may not make the most sense.
          (2) There are a lot of really large (and really rural) counties, and to vaccinate everyone within the county would require some significant travel. I'm not saying it is not worth it, but some people may not be willing to travel very far to get the vaccine.
          (3) Even if we were able to vaccinate at the rates you are talking about (essentially, 2,160 vaccinations/day/county), there would be a lot of counties that would be done within a day or two.

If it were me, I would focus on the most populated areas in the state, and have limited sites in the rural areas. You probably don't get to 6.5M vaccinations per day, but you can probably get 1-2M/day.
          North Dakota
          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Well they should have been planning this out when Pfizer started leaking out the info on their virus. Hell they should have had a group within the WH Task Force (or Warp Speed) who was working out the details of this. I mean an hour after the excitement died down that a vaccine was close everyone was saying "we still need to get it to the people!" but apparently no one listened.

Ultimately that is everything Trump did in office. He figured if he just said the thing it would magically appear like this is a movie or sitcom where you don't see behind the scenes. They never put in any actual work to do anything. Hell Kushner had unpaid interns (basically) doing a lot of the work. The first thing I would do is call every logistics expert I can find and along with health care experts and have them come up with a plan. Of course if he does that he has to share credit...

edit: I agree at this point you start with the population centers and go outward. Get as many vaccinated as you can and then start sending people to the lesser populated areas.
            Last edited by Handyman; 12-30-2020, 11:30 AM.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I wonder if employers will hold vaccination events. Right now hospitals are vaccinating their employees.
              If essential workers are part of the next batch, do some of those employers contract an event to have their people that want to participate get vaccinated?
              I work for a very large manufacturing company that stayed open throughout various shutdowns by saying we are essential for agriculture and infrastructure (our products are used in these industries). The site for our plant has about 200 employees. We had a flu shot clinic in November, with minimal participation.
              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
              7 B1G
              7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
              6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
              5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
              5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
              2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
              2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                I wonder if employers will hold vaccination events. Right now hospitals are vaccinating their employees.
                If essential workers are part of the next batch, do some of those employers contract an event to have their people that want to participate get vaccinated?
                I work for a very large manufacturing company that stayed open throughout various shutdowns by saying we are essential for agriculture and infrastructure (our products are used in these industries). The site for our plant has about 200 employees. We had a flu shot clinic in November, with minimal participation.
                My company offers flu vaccines in the office and plants to anyone who works on site regardless of their employer or insurance. Thry have an appointment system and everything. They have the infrastructure.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

My company offers flu vaccines in the office and plants to anyone who works on site regardless of their employer or insurance. Thry have an appointment system and everything. They have the infrastructure.
                  Mine does too, and would certainly reduce the burden on primary care providers

Comment

• My employer is already doing onsite testing for the pilots. I imagine doing vaccinations wouldn’t be much of a stretch.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• These old vets were gonna die anyway amirite

https://mobile.***********/FPWellman...81820771348480

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I think if companies will start the vaccination process, they will wait for a vaccine that doesn't require the super cold storage. Limiting failures due to process and human error as much as possible would be best. Those failure points skyrocket once you introduce additional transit stretches into the distribution process.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I wonder if employers will hold vaccination events. Right now hospitals are vaccinating their employees.
                          My employer told us we are on our own for getting the vaccine. We have flu shots given on site and I was surprised they weren’t going to do the same with Covid vaccine.

Agree with Handyman that we should get as many shots out as quickly as possible and not worry too much who gets them.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• I'd bet companies are concerned with liability of company sponsored vaccinations of a new vaccine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Well they should have been planning this out when Pfizer started leaking out the info on their virus. Hell they should have had a group within the WH Task Force (or Warp Speed) who was working out the details of this.
                              Umm, I think they did. And that's the problem. Trumpie's administration was in charge of it.

I remember reading something in the weeks after Biden got elected, either he or someone from his future admin or transition team, said the feds had no plan for distributing the vaccine. And of course, Azar or Giroir or one of the other lackeys was immediately in the media disputing it "Nope, we got it covered. Fake news"

Just one more example of why Trumpie will go down in history as the worst president ever. The man can't open a Ziploc bag, let alone develop a process to vaccinate 300 million people.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

We had an article in the local paper today, first responders like police, fire, and ambulance are starting to get vaccinated. IF THEY WANT TO.

What??? I'm sorry, you work in those areas, you get vaccinated, end of story. Condition of your employment. You don't like it, fine, you can go work at Wal-Mart. You don't need to be continued to be employed by the town.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X