Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please be careful - our au pair’s aunt (46 years old) passed away today after a recurrence/flare-up more than 2 months after her initial “recovery.” Leaves behind 2 twenty-something sons and an 8-year-old daughter.

F you, coronavirus! And double F you to people who in any way downplay or deny the seriousness of this pandemic. If only they each had 336k close friends and relatives I could wish it upon.
    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I'm assuming R and didn't believe in science, but believed The Lawd.

He's with the Lawd now.
      https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/s...23806454063104

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I'm assuming R and didn't believe in science, but believed The Lawd.

He's with the Lawd now.
        But young people have nothing to fear from this virus. Its like the flu. HERD MENTALITY.....NOW!!

What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I don’t have the source, but I remember an epidemiologist saying that if someone is vaccinated, the level of virus in the body almost never reaches the level needed to be considered contagious. Or something to that effect.

I have to believe it’s almost impossible to get good data on contagiousness of a person who gets the virus after being vaccinated. Too many ethical issues and variables trying to get enough data.
          Similar to what I’ve read too. I read an article on Moderna’s vaccine that said positive swabs were 2/3 less in vaccinated patients versus control patients prior to administration of the second dose. That’s an encouraging sign. But, since this really is a life and death situation, I’ll defer to those saying get healthcare workers and vaccinated nursing home residents first. Congress, whatever, that’s fine, they’re all old anyways.
          What’s strange to me is the Congressional Doctor (whatever his official title is) told Pelosi/McConnell back in the summer that there was no need to regularly test, partly because there may not be enough tests and supplies for that. Okay, fair enough, but now there’s not only enough vaccine to vaccinate Congress, but their staffers too? I feel like there’s less vaccine available than tests but I obviously don’t know for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post

Yeah, that democrat running the state is such a, oh....
            I see that you live in Massachusetts or a neighboring state so you are right up on the politics therein. Yeah, Parker (Baker) is a "real" Republican and Massachusetts is a solid Republican state. So much so that the "super conservative" pols just overrode his veto of an abortion bill, so now your 16 year old daughter can have one without ANY knowledge from her parents.

Need a driver's license? Have your parents sign here. Need a medical procedure that can have life threatening complications? Just have a friend pick you up and drive you back to 3rd block Biology class, you're good.

Comment

• So, the ONLY thing the Trump Administration did was this Warp Speed thing. And they said they'd get 20 million vaccinated by the end of the month. What the ****?

U.S. Vaccinations at 200,000 a Day Run Far Short of ‘Warp Speed’
              The nation won’t meet its goal of 20 million doses by year-end
              https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-of-warp-speed
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                No matter- dumpy did nothing to make a vaccine. Not one single thing.

He's far too stupid to even know what a vaccine is.
                Removing all of the red tape and funding a multi-billion dollar medical initiative that developed an MRNA medical break-thru (not a true vaccine) is "not doing a single thing"? Because he didn't put on a lab coat and get out his vials and spectrometers and get to work? Not sure I saw BO or Forgetful Joe in a lab working on the Swine Flu vaccine, do you?

Too stupid that he removed barriers so such an effort could be quickly launched, developed, trialed and then get emergency approval? Sometimes the smartest thing is just doing the dirty work, getting out of the way and opening up the road so the emergency crews can get on scene. Y

Question: Who was the last person to hold the greatest basketball player to ever live, Michael Jordan, under 20 points per game? Answer: Dean Smith (the coach at North Carolina for the college hoops challenged). Was he just STUPID?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  Some of my covid symptoms are back after nearly 4 months, namely the paresthesias.

not sure what point of a test would be- without sequencing it’s impossible to know if I’m reinfected or same virus from before rearing back up.
                  Really sorry to hear that. Hoping for the best this isn't 'long covid' and that any impairment will quickly subside.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    Some of my covid symptoms are back after nearly 4 months, namely the paresthesias.

not sure what point of a test would be- without sequencing it’s impossible to know if I’m reinfected or same virus from before rearing back up.
                    I hope it's just a minor setback. I'm hoping for the best.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      So, the ONLY thing the Trump Administration did was this Warp Speed thing. And they said they'd get 20 million vaccinated by the end of the month. What the ****?

Good thing dumpy did so much for Warp Speed.... Such leadership.

At this point, we can call the dead murdered by incompetence.

Comment

So, the ONLY thing the Trump Administration did was this Warp Speed thing. And they said they'd get 20 million vaccinated by the end of the month. What the ****?

I don’t think anyone who has any sort of understanding of logistics thought this was likely. To get one million people vaccinated a day we would need to have 100 sites vaccinating 100 people, not easy at all.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

I don’t think anyone who has any sort of understanding of logistics thought this was likely. To get one million people vaccinated a day we would need to have 100 sites vaccinating 100 people, not easy at all.
                          They why lie about it to everyone?

Comment

They why lie about it to everyone?
                            I don’t think they have any other way. Hopefully Biden can lay out a realistic roadmap when he gets in office. This was never going to be easy to beat.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

You mean 1000 sites vaccinating 1000 people a day. And while it may not be easy, it's still possible. 1000 sites are 20 per state- which can't be that hard. 10,000 sites would be 200/state on average. There are 3006 counties in the US- is that's JUST 3 per county.

Up that to average 10 sites per county, that's 30,000 sites.

Lets say that one at a time means one vaccine per 5 min, or 12 per hour. Over an 8 hour day, that's 108 per site.

108 x 30,000 sites is over 3,000,000 per day.

I can't see that as nearly impossible.

I see that one site can support at least 3 people at a time, every 5 min, and that they would probably want to go the distance and do 12 hours per day (in shifts), so that one site can do 432/day. So even IF we were restricted to 5 sites per county, that would be almost 6.5M vaccinations per day.

Comment

People know how to do this. It’s complicated but there are those of us who do this type of planning and organization for a living.

I agree that states should administer it to a level- but the feds have to lay the groundwork, work out supply chain, etc

Comment

Working...
                                X