Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the least surprising news of the day, the new strain of covid has been found in Colorado

Comment

• A note on the speed of the vaccinations so far.

https://mobile.twitter.com/vermontgm...34820834017280

Comment

• I found new things to spend money on but I still have definitely been able to keep more than usual because the usual trips were all on hold. We made road trips and that was 75% of the driving I did all summer. I have tanks of gas that last up to 2 months some times. Not driving is the best thing ever!

Honestly I lost out on about 19k this year in work and probably have 25% more money now than I would in a normal year. I just need the school to not mess things up for me too bad and I will be fine with similar issues for the first half of next year.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
          I'm just gonna sit over here with my coffee can in hand if you all feel like donating some of that savings my way...

hahaha
          Yeah, whatever money I may have saved has been spent on something else. Like some pimpin' new road shoes for my Christmas present to me.

What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            A note on the speed of the vaccinations so far.

https://mobile.twitter.com/vermontgm...34820834017280
            3.5 million vaccinations a day. But didn't the feds only send out 3.5 million doses total in that initial batch? And are short on coming up with subsequent allocations?

Again, as Hovey will never take into account for, is the incompetence of the administration charged with sticking that thing into people's arms.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

3.5 million vaccinations a day. But didn't the feds only send out 3.5 million doses total in that initial batch? And are short on coming up with subsequent allocations?

Again, as Hovey will never take into account for, is the incompetence of the administration charged with sticking that thing into people's arms.
              With this administration, let's all just count ourselves lucky that they didn't use the 3.5 million doses on one person.
              North Dakota
              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Yep, we have a Peloton bike and a treadmill but amazingly we've both been using them about 25x a month. They were actually worth the (ludicrously expensive) cost. I'm frankly amazed just how much I used to spend on food and entertainment. I may never go to a restaurant or movie theater again.

I went with the NordicTrack “commercial” studio cycle (their version of the Peloton) and the “commercial” incline treadmill. (Commercial is in quotes because even though they call them that, they have small print stickers on them that say for home use only. The quality is better than lots of residential equipment though).

The purchase prices are very similar to the Peloton but the there is a pretty big savings for the subscription over the life of the product. They probably have fewer live classes than Peloton, but I almost always use the prerecorded work outs. I also like that the trainer adjusts your resistance/incline (for both the live and recorded sessions), but you can override. The incline treadmill goes all the way to 45 degrees and has hiking and trail running workouts that look pretty good on the big touchscreen. Definitely the best consumer treadmill I’ve ever used.

Definitely worth the cost for me (around $5k for both and each came with a year subscription included in the price plus I got a bonus 1 year iFit gift card with at least one of them) considering I no longer have access to the gym at the office.

not as cool as saying you have a Peloton though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  In the least surprising news of the day, the new strain of covid has been found in Colorado
                  More creative mandates on the way?

Certainly we need to ask all healthy people to pretend to be sick. That’s a given.

Maybe get the vaccine once a month? Everyone can carry around their little Oil Change card.
                  Last edited by Jeb2020; 12-29-2020, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• Saw an ad for a Nordictrack bike the other day, this one let you rock the bike from side to side, so it felt more natural, more like how a real bike moves under you. Not sure how it would actually feel in real life though.

I don't know who made it, or even if they still do, but there was some company that made a stationary bike set on some kind of platform, shaped sorta like a manta ray, mounted on a gimbal. So, it would rock side to side, and also front to back as you got out of the saddle and then sat back down again. Seemed to absolutely mimic how a real bike on the road would react, and that would be what I would buy if I was gonna get something. That platform did take up a bit of space though.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Of course. Although truth be told, if we were really pragmatic as a society, we'd schedule 15 stadium concerts around the country and then vaccinate every 16-30 year old who entered. Medical staff and oldsters aren't the spreaders. They're the ones dying.

My point, again, is why waste time deciding whether some second rate Congressional staffer should get it before an EMT in Loudoun County? Just stick it in somebody's arm and move on.
                      Sorry if I missed it in the rollout of these vaccines, but where in the literature does it say these vaccines are 95% or better at preventing transmission of the virus? I’ve read they’re 95% effective at preventing infection, as well as effective at preventing serious illness or death. Sounds important for healthcare workers and elderly adults. I’m sure it’s presumed that these vaccines will be effective at preventing transmission too, but if we don’t know that, and currently with only a scarce amount of vaccine available, why not stick with the guidelines until there’s plenty of vaccine to go around? Hopefully that’s sooner rather than later.

Comment

• Congressman elect from Louisiana has died from Covid. He was only 41 years old.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                          Congressman elect from Louisiana has died from Covid. He was only 41 years old.
                          I'm assuming R and didn't believe in science, but believed The Lawd.

He's with the Lawd now.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

Sorry if I missed it in the rollout of these vaccines, but where in the literature does it say these vaccines are 95% or better at preventing transmission of the virus? I’ve read they’re 95% effective at preventing infection, as well as effective at preventing serious illness or death. Sounds important for healthcare workers and elderly adults. I’m sure it’s presumed that these vaccines will be effective at preventing transmission too, but if we don’t know that, and currently with only a scarce amount of vaccine available, why not stick with the guidelines until there’s plenty of vaccine to go around? Hopefully that’s sooner rather than later.
                            I don’t have the source, but I remember an epidemiologist saying that if someone is vaccinated, the level of virus in the body almost never reaches the level needed to be considered contagious. Or something to that effect.

I have to believe it’s almost impossible to get good data on contagiousness of a person who gets the virus after being vaccinated. Too many ethical issues and variables trying to get enough data.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Some of my covid symptoms are back after nearly 4 months, namely the paresthesias.

not sure what point of a test would be- without sequencing it’s impossible to know if I’m reinfected or same virus from before rearing back up.

Comment

• Jeebus. I’m sorry DGF.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X