Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was there a reason it was so problematic?
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Don't worry, I'm sure you guys will be back to comment on the Dakotas when there is another surge there.
      Only if you bring it up, again. I'm sure nobody was going to even look at either Dakota, until you pretended that they were some kind of beacon to emulate. Which would be a horrible idea, since the number who die in most states would have to skyrocket.

So if you don't want anyone to comment on the Dakotas, don't bring it up. You have told us to not care that you have killed more people than all but 3 states, relative to population, and that your case rate is the highest in the country.

Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Just did a back of the envelope calculation of what we have saved during the 9 months of the Plague in gas, eating out, etc.

$25k.

I hope this lasts forever.
        I'd guess probably $15k for me, accounting for no travel for work and almost none for pleasure.

Comment

• The Peloton bike dented what I was saving but it’s worth it. Don’t want to go back to $160 a month for gyms ever again unless I find a sugar daddy

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            The Peloton bike dented what I was saving but it’s worth it. Don’t want to go back to $160 a month for gyms ever again unless I find a sugar daddy
            Holy god. $160/month??!
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Holy god. $160/month??!
              That was Lifetime Edina cost

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Only if you bring it up, again. I'm sure nobody was going to even look at either Dakota, until you pretended that they were some kind of beacon to emulate. Which would be a horrible idea, since the number who die in most states would have to skyrocket.

So if you don't want anyone to comment on the Dakotas, don't bring it up. You have told us to not care that you have killed more people than all but 3 states, relative to population, and that your case rate is the highest in the country.

Good luck.
                North Dakota’s excess deaths are at 3% this year and their hosptial system is in fine shape you Dumb Fok.

Stay inside as long as you would like and play CovidZombie. Pretend to be sick while healthy see if you can do it for two years what a feat that would be.

Comment

Just did a back of the envelope calculation of what we have saved during the 9 months of the Plague in gas, eating out, etc.

$25k.

I hope this lasts forever.
                  We saved enough to pay for this year's tuition ($20k) and a bit more so far. Our senior after scholarships might not have to take any loans out at least for year 1.

Comment

• Jonathan Toews out from Blackhawks indefinitely with what we're definitely not going to say is long-covid symptoms. I mean, it may not be....
                    https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...nitely-illness

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      The Peloton bike dented what I was saving but it’s worth it. Don’t want to go back to $160 a month for gyms ever again unless I find a sugar daddy
                      Yep, we have a Peloton bike and a treadmill but amazingly we've both been using them about 25x a month. They were actually worth the (ludicrously expensive) cost. I'm frankly amazed just how much I used to spend on food and entertainment. I may never go to a restaurant or movie theater again.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• We worked out that we had saved 12k by the end of July. We were slated to travel a lot. We also used to eat out at least once a week and we were prone to go to the market at least a few times a week and buy what ever struck the fancy. We are WAY ahead of where we usually are at this time. Enough that we paid down some of the mortgage. I would have preferred that a couple of hundred thousand people were living tho.

Comment

• I'm just gonna sit over here with my coffee can in hand if you all feel like donating some of that savings my way...

hahaha
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

It isn't merit it's pragmatism. It's good sense to first vaccinate the people who are most likely to be in spreader situations (medical staff, teachers, food prep) and people in greatest peril (the Olds, the ill). Order can affect the final death toll. That makes it matter.
                            Of course. Although truth be told, if we were really pragmatic as a society, we'd schedule 15 stadium concerts around the country and then vaccinate every 16-30 year old who entered. Medical staff and oldsters aren't the spreaders. They're the ones dying.

My point, again, is why waste time deciding whether some second rate Congressional staffer should get it before an EMT in Loudoun County? Just stick it in somebody's arm and move on.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• My kid got the jab today (a day later than sched d/t messed up distribution) and then got interviewed on the news. w00t!

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                I'm just gonna sit over here with my coffee can in hand if you all feel like donating some of that savings my way...

hahaha
                                I'm right there with you. We've found ways of spending money, but most of that was making updates to the house - replaced and widened the driveway, built a large shed, placed an order for a new main entry door, paint (that stuff is expensive!), and things like that. These things would probably have been spread out over a few years, or financed rather than paid via cash.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X