Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

So basically, they have about 1/7 of their population already infected. Guess we know where to look to test out the herd mentality theory.
    Right now, it's just under 1/8 infected- 91.5k cases for 765k people.

Comment

Gee, what makes those first three so extremely different from those bottom two. I'm having trouble putting my finger on it. Gimmee time, it'll come to me.
      I'll give you months of time to figure it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

One more thing
        Looking just at registered cases...

Per Million

#1 ND @ 119,000 cases/M
        #2 SD @ 109,000 cases/M

Brag all you want.

CA is #34 @ 55,400 cases/M
        KrustyBurglar.gif
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I'll give you months of time to figure it out.
          Well, I do know one, they were pretty much the front lines of the initial virus appearance in the country. But there's something else too, I just can't put my finger on it. Think it has something to do with electoral votes in some way, but I'm still trying to figure it all out.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• The Russians were lying? No way....

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-underreported
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
              The Russians were lying? No way....

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-underreported
              I can't imagine what the real PRC figure is.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• So, no answer as to how ND managed to have its cases, deaths and hospitalizations plunge to some of the lowest in the country these last couple of weeks without the shutdowns, short of herd immunity at 12% infection of the population? Got it.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/stat...339418626?s=21

jfc
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

Stop it. You are ruining his narrative! ; - )
                    Was the narrative asshattery?

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      So, no answer as to how ND managed to have its cases, deaths and hospitalizations plunge to some of the lowest in the country these last couple of weeks without the shutdowns, short of herd immunity at 12% infection of the population? Got it.
                      So you see that it was ok to sacrifice over 1,200 of your citizens for the benefit of the rest, then. Good to know that it's ok to let people just die for the sake of the economy.

Thanks for not noticing that you ended up being the most infected state, and the 4th worst death rate- behind only the NE states that were very early in this pandemic. Not doing anything put a massive strain on the health system, and murdered so many citizens. All worth it so that masks were not required.

Time to just go back to ignoring the Dakotas, as you suggest. "Just let people die" should be your state's slogan.

Comment

Time to just go back to ignoring the Dakotas, as you suggest. "Just let people die" should be your state's slogan.
                        Certainly seems to be Hovey's.

Comment

Certainly seems to be Hovey's.
                          Wasn't Hovey also the one early on who was spouting that only 20k people would die from this, and that we were all overreacting?

That didn't age well.
                          North Dakota
                          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Wasn't Hovey also the one early on who was spouting that only 20k people would die from this, and that we were all overreacting?

That didn't age well.
                            That was his estimate, yes.

And he scoffed at me for saying that half a million Americans were gonna die from this. Cause, you know, I knew who was in charge of the response for this country. I don't know why he seemed to think Donnie would actually be capable of a competent course of action in fighting this, but apparently, Hovey thought he was. Which brings his judgement into question.

Comment

• Ok that is ridiculous. There is zero symbolic value to that and there are people who actually do something of value (Frontline Workers) who deserve it way more.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

That didn't age well.
                                Yes, back on March 13 someone (I think slapshot) asked if people had a guess as to how many might die from Covid in this country, and I guessed 20,000. I've never denied that, nor have I denied that my guess didn't turn out to be even close.

But since I don't recall you in here back in March offering your guess, I really don't care how you feel about my guess. Hindsight is always 20/20.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X