Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long-term Covid-19 effects: The many strange symptoms, explained - Vox

Holy ****.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• A very strong theory about Keyontae Johnson's collapse on the court was that he (and most of the Florida BB team) got infected with COVID19.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        Why does every conservative I know argue there is no evidence that restaurants are a catalyst for spread? Is there seriously a lack of data to justify they're continued closure, or is it out there front and center and they're ignoring it like everything else science related?
        Oh look another person that has to let everyone know how much they love Science™ but ironically can provide so little information. There is no data on restaurants being major catalyst for spread, there are only models with absurd inputs.

Kind of like the absurd model used by the State of MN that projected 29,000 deaths to scare the p*ss out of people. The Minnesota covid model #MNmodel forecasts 29,000 deaths.

https://***********/covid_clarity/st...24804099489793

Or like that Scienceputting new mandates in place after cases and hospitalizations had already peaked.

Or the fact that in the middle of an "all timer" you can hardly tell differences in hospitalization compared to other years.

Hospital red alert?

Headlines abound… MN officials have labeled the metro area as dangerously short on hospital beds.

In 2017, per MDH, metro hospitals averaged 4,208 beds in use.

Today, 3,910 beds are in use… that's 298 less than a typical non-covid year.

8 states that all peaked within 6 days of each other all with different levels of mandates and some with out any at all.

I will let you get back to your Science™
        Last edited by Jeb2020; 12-16-2020, 05:33 PM.

Comment

• Another day, another 9/11 death count in America.

Had like five 9/11's in the last week.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Thanks for sharing this. One of the best articles I have seen. Vox is not my usual media site but this was great- links with reputable sources etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

Thanks for sharing this. One of the best articles I have seen. Vox is not my usual media site but this was great- links with reputable sources etc.

Influenza virus-induced lung injury: pathogenesis and implications for treatment

For those still claiming the “longterm effects” are unique to #covid19 haven’t been paying attention to other viral illnesses.

https://erj.ersjournals.com/content/45/5/1463

Many viral illnesses including flu can cause longterm issues

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-017-17497-6

Ground glass opacity is not a new term. It has been seen with flu. It’s important to understand this can be acute and resolve within months.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3424870/

Influenza can damage the lungs though.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0717150302.htm

Chronic fatigue can be long lasting after other viral illnesses

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...619#what-is-it

Influenza A can cause longterm neurological issues.

https://t.co/o09vGqcyFa?amp=1

H1N1 found some cardiomyopathy after infection

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3405785/

And don’t forget influenza can be a beast. People have lived with it forever so we don’t think much of it. But many issues can happen according to the CDC.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/symptoms/symptoms.htm

So please, take a minute to educate yourself and make sure you aren’t passing hyperbole rather than fact. #flattenthefear

I do understand that this information was from a time prior to Science™ existing.
              Last edited by Jeb2020; 12-16-2020, 06:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

Thanks for sharing this. One of the best articles I have seen. Vox is not my usual media site but this was great- links with reputable sources etc.
                ^^^^^^^The fight against COVID has given some people that very religious high of fighting in a cause bigger than themselves, a sense of purpose and moral goodness. It should be no surprise that some really don't want that to end.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                  Another day, another 9/11 death count in America.

More than that. Today is looking like it might be the deadliest of the Pandemic so far. Already at 3240 to rank #2...plus 213k new cases.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    Another day, another 9/11 death count in America.

False.

You are seeing data being put into a dashboard, not actual deaths on one day. As more time goes on there are more dates to pull data from. That many people did not die today because of covid. Yet that is exactly what they have you believing, it is amazing they can do this and also sell you on being informed.

Deaths layer into the past and the last time we averaged 1000 deaths per day was back in August. We likely hit that mark again in November and December for a few weeks but you have to go back to APRIL to find a week where we averaged 3000 deaths / day.

Comment

Why does every conservative I know argue there is no evidence that restaurants are a catalyst for spread? Is there seriously a lack of data to justify they're continued closure, or is it out there front and center and they're ignoring it like everything else science related?
                      One of the things that you’re starting to hear a lot of in Minnesota right now is, yes, numbers in Minnesota are starting to drop with the restaurant restrictions in place. But in every state surrounding Minnesota numbers are dropping at similar or greater rates, and they don’t have restrictions. That’s a tough pill to swallow.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Heard an interesting bit this morning on CNBC radio that I haven't seen shared here yet. The distribution of the vaccine is looking to go smoothly, with shipping companies able to keep the Pfizer vaccine as cold as it's needed, and the same with the Moderna. The problem that is now at a head is the "last mile" of distribution. The route goes:
                        Vaccine maker -> Shipping -> Regional hubs -> distribution to hospitals, doctors offices, etc. -> *WHERE THE NEW PROBLEM LIES* -> General Public.

Operation Light Speed, the federal program overseeing this, continues to be hands off ("We're not a shipping clerk" --President Trump) when it comes to the distribution of the vaccine. Each state's health department is the deciding factor of the who AND where the vaccine gets distributed to. It's up to each state to determine how the general public will get this vaccine. Yes, the vaccine is free*, but that doesn't prevent good old capitalism from intervening and making the distribution to wealthy people who want to skip to the head of the line possible. This also means that residents in one state may get better treatment than their neighbors just across the state line.

*Free in that the US Government is re-paying the expense incurred for the distribution of the vaccine.
                        Last edited by aparch; 12-16-2020, 07:11 PM.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Walz gets a lot of grief, some is deserved, but let’s not lose sight of how he didn’t crack a smile while notifying restaurants that they can open up outside dining. In December. In Minnesota.
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

• My local hospital doesn't have the cold storage to be able to keep the Pfizer vaccine, so heard on the radio today that they have five days to use up whatever they get.
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

There’s good science showing indoor dining is a spreader

https://mobile.***********/Seth_Kapl...11317430185984

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

So what they're saying is, things are actually really bad and COVID isn't a hoax? ;-)
                                But it is a only as bad as the cold! Hardly anyone dies from it! And trust in Jesus. And Big Gretch is a "facist". Nobody thinks about businesses! Or it is only a big city problem!
                                (Sigh)
                                Honestly, I think my (distant) family would be a fascinating study on cult mindset...
                                Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

Working...
                                X