Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post

I meant 2022
    I thought so but wanted to make sure.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by net presence View Post

And, that 60K flu deaths is likely a significant over count. As are most years in regards to the CDC estimates. Check out this article...

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com...es-to-oranges/

From the article... "When reports about the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 began circulating earlier this year and questions were being raised about how the illness it causes, COVID-19, compared to the flu, it occurred to me that, in four years of emergency medicine residency and over three and a half years as an attending physician, I had almost never seen anyone die of the flu. I could only remember one tragic pediatric case."

"Based on the CDC numbers though, I should have seen many, many more. In 2018, over 46,000 Americans died from opioid overdoses. Over 36,500 died in traffic accidents. Nearly 40,000 died from gun violence. I see those deaths all the time. Was I alone in noticing this discrepancy?"

"I decided to call colleagues around the country who work in other emergency departments and in intensive care units to ask a simple question: how many patients could they remember dying from the flu? Most of the physicians I surveyed couldn’t remember a single one over their careers. Some said they recalled a few. All of them seemed to be having the same light bulb moment I had already experienced: For too long, we have blindly accepted a statistic that does not match our clinical experience."

"The 25,000 to 69,000 numbers that Trump cited do not represent counted flu deaths per year; they are estimates that the CDC produces by multiplying the number of flu death counts reported by various coefficients produced through complicated algorithms. These coefficients are based on assumptions of how many cases, hospitalizations, and deaths they believe went unreported. In the last six flu seasons, the CDC’s reported number of actual confirmed flu deaths—that is, counting flu deaths the way we are currently counting deaths from the coronavirus—has ranged from 3,448 to 15,620, which far lower than the numbers commonly repeated by public officials and even public health experts."
      All that does is make COVID worse. Which is more accurate to me.

Even so, never has the flu fill up a hospital on a local basis, let a lone a regional, state, national, or international level all the same time.

This has. And still does.

We've never done anything near asking people to distance, wear masks, work from home, close businesses, etc for the flu, and we are looking at an many times (or an order of magnitude) more deadly even when we do ALL of those actions for months.

How anyone can still lean on the idea that this is just like the flu is kind of insane to me. It's not. There's not a 1-3% chance of dying just getting the flu.

This is going to be a pretty crappy end of 2020 based on how the numbers are trending.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

All that does is make COVID worse. Which is more accurate to me.

Even so, never has the flu fill up a hospital on a local basis, let a lone a regional, state, national, or international level all the same time.

This has. And still does.

We've never done anything near asking people to distance, wear masks, work from home, close businesses, etc for the flu, and we are looking at an many times (or an order of magnitude) more deadly even when we do ALL of those actions for months.

How anyone can still lean on the idea that this is just like the flu is kind of insane to me. It's not. There's not a 1-3% chance of dying just getting the flu.

This is going to be a pretty crappy end of 2020 based on how the numbers are trending.

Hospitals regularly get very busy to the same levels we are seeing right now.

You are right this isn't like the FLU. Younger healthy people are at much less risk than compared to the flu. Covid is hitting the elderly and specifically the sick/elderly disproportionately. Even older folks are doing just fine. Look at the data. Why be purposefully ignorant?

Your information is so off it is no wonder the hysterics.

Comment

• https://mobile.***********/business/...63515221684226

White House official Crede Bailey is recovering from severe Covid-19 and lost his right foot and lower leg in his battle against the virus, a friend says
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Getting your leg amputated to own the libs.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post

early 2021 was a typo, I meant early 2022. he said "some semblance of normal" in late 2021, early 2022
              Oh good. That makes much more sense.

Comment

• What, Donnie didn't arrange for his doctors to give Crede the same expensive treatment regimen that he got for himself and his buddy Rudy?

The one he said we could all have for free?
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Some Michigan perspective for the day. In Michigan, we have reported 11,198 Covid related deaths. That is 1 out of every 900 Michiganders, gone. Or, a capacity crowd at the Big House, would have 120 dead from Covid so far this year.
                  That's with just over 4.6% of our population having tested positive.

Yet, I keep hearing how great the survival rates are from the anti-mask, Covid is overblown group. There was a graphic shared saying based on a CDC est of 4x infected the overall survival rate is expected to be 99.71% Well, we're already at an upper bound of 99.9%, if we estimate 4x infected as the number confirmed positive, in MI that would be 18.6% of the population. I like to round, so let's call it a 1/5. So, I multiple my .11% of MI's population already deceased from Covid, by 5, I get an estimated 99.45% survival rate. Maybe that number will sound good to some people, but I don't look forward to a day where 1 in every 200 people I know have died from a disease we could have done better to control. Also, these are best case estimates if we kept our pace towards herd mentality with no vaccine.
                  Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                  wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                  7 B1G
                  7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                  6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                  5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                  5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                  2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                  2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Apparently even Trump cant convince the idiots to take the vaccine...
                    the Dump is doing a pretty good job of depopulating the US. Why stop now.

wT- is that math? I was told there would be no math!

Comment

• To be fair, I am not surprised that an emergency medicine doctor doesn't see a lot of influenza deaths. Those would likely be most seen in nursing homes, long term care facilities, home deaths or - possibly - normal inpatient floors (after a direct admission, if influenza is acute enough). Most people don't go to the ER if they have the flu.
                      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• https://***********/esmemurphy/statu...14693380943880

As legislature works to pass 216 mill dollar relief bill & extension of unemployment insurance, legislators have own Covid stories, Maj Leader @paulgazelka himself recovering from Covid, says his mother-in-law just died of Covid and his father-in-law has it too @wcco 5 and 6pm
                        Gazelka of course is the Neanderthal that thinks Walz is a tyrant...
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          Minnesota finally stops jacking around with this loser and pulls the liquor license.

bye bye

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota...kYxRKGiShOLvis
                          HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY **** /John Oliver

This suspension will be in effect till Feb. 9, which could take it well beyond the end of Gov. Walz's shutdown on dine-in service at bars and restaurants, even if he extends it on Wednesday.

If the bar continues to remain open while its license is suspended, it will face losing its license for five years.
                          That list of businesses committed to reopening just shriveled up like a cold dick.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                            Some Michigan perspective for the day. In Michigan, we have reported 11,198 Covid related deaths. That is 1 out of every 900 Michiganders, gone. Or, a capacity crowd at the Big House, would have 120 dead from Covid so far this year.
                            That's with just over 4.6% of our population having tested positive.

Yet, I keep hearing how great the survival rates are from the anti-mask, Covid is overblown group. There was a graphic shared saying based on a CDC est of 4x infected the overall survival rate is expected to be 99.71% Well, we're already at an upper bound of 99.9%, if we estimate 4x infected as the number confirmed positive, in MI that would be 18.6% of the population. I like to round, so let's call it a 1/5. So, I multiple my .11% of MI's population already deceased from Covid, by 5, I get an estimated 99.45% survival rate. Maybe that number will sound good to some people, but I don't look forward to a day where 1 in every 200 people I know have died from a disease we could have done better to control. Also, these are best case estimates if we kept our pace towards herd mentality with no vaccine.
                            Could you imagine the insane reaction if 120 people were killed at a game?
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                              To be fair, I am not surprised that an emergency medicine doctor doesn't see a lot of influenza deaths. Those would likely be most seen in nursing homes, long term care facilities, home deaths or - possibly - normal inpatient floors (after a direct admission, if influenza is acute enough). Most people don't go to the ER if they have the flu.
                              I would agree with this as well (note below is not directed at you, just general comments). We certainly see hospitals get full during influenza season, definitely if it is bad. Tertiary care facilities are basically always full where most of my direct experience is from. Small hospitals send their sick patients there so deaths often are experienced by a small subset of physicians.

Our tertiary care facilities are full. We have repurposed all of the rooms possible to take on Covid patients. We have put off as many elective procedures as possible to keep open beds, conserve PPE. We are keeping as many people at outside hospitals as possible. We do not have the staff to take care of the patients (a bed without a nurse is a plane without a pilot).

There is a hospital acuity index (Case mix index) that scores the severity of patient conditions and this has skyrocketed in both large scale, tertiary systems that I have personal experience with during the pandemic.
                              In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                              I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                https://***********/esmemurphy/statu...14693380943880

Gazelka of course is the Neanderthal that thinks Walz is a tyrant...
                                Gee, wonder where they caught it from?
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X