Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the bright side, hospitals here in MA are planning to begin vaccinations Wednesday. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, finally.
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Apparently even Trump cant convince the idiots to take the vaccine...
      The only reason why I'm a little bit happy with those in the White House being at the front of the line to get the vaccine is to see the heads of people like that explode in anger.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

I must be missing something because I thought we'd be looking at at least 1/3 of the country being vaccinated by the end of the 2nd quarter of next year.
        Which is still nowhere near enough to stop the continued spread of the virus. End of June? This first batch we're looking at getting 3 million vaccinated. Out of 300+ million people. How fast do you think they're going to get this program ramped up? How many doses are we going to have available? The Trump administration already effed up that part.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

I think we would be ever so lucky for it to be 7x that given where things stand right now. There are so many cases right now it is going to take forever for things to get back to normal even if the vaccines are successful. I don't think the vast majority of people are geared up for 2021 being a continuation of 2020.
          This is absolutely correct. That last sentence being especially important.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

I must be missing something because I thought we'd be looking at at least 1/3 of the country being vaccinated by the end of the 2nd quarter of next year.
            That puts us into summer...that puts us nowhere near ready to open up fully.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

That puts us into summer...that puts us nowhere near ready to open up fully.
              Fauci thinks by early 2021 things should be starting to resemble normal (at least more so than now), but i would guess that depends on how many idiots refuse to get vaccinated.

Moderna trials are underway for kids under 16 now. Hopefully we can get kids vaccinated before next school year. The doctor that I've been talking to about the vaccine says that 10-16 year olds are great asymptomatic spreaders, but that kids under 10 don't seem to spread it all that much, so if we can get it tested and approved even it's just 10 years old and up, that would be great

Comment

• Instead or resembling normal in early 2021, which won't happen, I would like to see numbers start to go down instead of continuing to skyrocket.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post

Fauci thinks by early 2021 things should be starting to resemble normal (at least more so than now), but i would guess that depends on how many idiots refuse to get vaccinated.
                  I don't follow as closely as many of you, but I have definitely never heard Fauci use "normal" and "early 2021" in the same sentence. If he ever did, it surely must have been provisional (as you point out): IF we can get X% vaccinated and IF we can get mask usage up to Y%, then....normal-ish, in terms of businesses that can be open, sports that can be played with spectators, etc. Even so, mask usage is going to continue to be needed, so it all depends whether you consider "doing everything you did in 2019 but with a mask on" to be included in your definition of "normal."

If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post

Moderna trials are underway for kids under 16 now. Hopefully we can get kids vaccinated before next school year. The doctor that I've been talking to about the vaccine says that 10-16 year olds are great asymptomatic spreaders, but that kids under 10 don't seem to spread it all that much, so if we can get it tested and approved even it's just 10 years old and up, that would be great
                    Early 2021? That is next month. Unless Moderna is ready to start rolling out in much greater numbers than Pfizer in the States I dont see how that is possible. Infections are too high at this point (along with deaths) for a slow rollout to have any sort of teeth for months. Early 2021 is expected to be quite dark...

I know movie theaters and studios are banking on May. (literally...theaters might go under if May isnt open or there isnt a helpful Stimulus) I don't see how, with the current state of affairs) that is something they can hope for though. Certainly not in the numbers they are hoping for. (full seating)

I hope you are right...

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                      I don't follow as closely as many of you, but I have definitely never heard Fauci use "normal" and "early 2021" in the same sentence. If he ever did, it surely must have been provisional (as you point out): IF we can get X% vaccinated and IF we can get mask usage up to Y%, then....normal-ish, in terms of businesses that can be open, sports that can be played with spectators, etc. Even so, mask usage is going to continue to be needed, so it all depends whether you consider "doing everything you did in 2019 but with a mask on" to be included in your definition of "normal."
                      Well Fauci kind of hems and haws and changes his tune week to week. (I would assume based on new info) He originally said Fall would be when he would things were back to normal but now he does kind of make it seem we will be normalizing earlier. Early 2021 is a pipe dream though. Early 2021 I am not sure the Front Line Workers in Minnesota will all be vaccinated let alone enough of the at risk to make it safe.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Minnesota finally stops jacking around with this loser and pulls the liquor license.

bye bye

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota...kYxRKGiShOLvis

Comment

• So do we know if the Vaccination even stops the spread or is that one up in the air still? LMAO

This is from the Immunization Action Coalition.

Comment

Early 2021? That is next month. Unless Moderna is ready to start rolling out in much greater numbers than Pfizer in the States I dont see how that is possible. Infections are too high at this point (along with deaths) for a slow rollout to have any sort of teeth for months. Early 2021 is expected to be quite dark...

I know movie theaters and studios are banking on May. (literally...theaters might go under if May isnt open or there isnt a helpful Stimulus) I don't see how, with the current state of affairs) that is something they can hope for though. Certainly not in the numbers they are hoping for. (full seating)

I hope you are right...
                            I meant 2022

Comment

Well Fauci kind of hems and haws and changes his tune week to week. (I would assume based on new info) He originally said Fall would be when he would things were back to normal but now he does kind of make it seem we will be normalizing earlier. Early 2021 is a pipe dream though. Early 2021 I am not sure the Front Line Workers in Minnesota will all be vaccinated let alone enough of the at risk to make it safe.
                              early 2021 was a typo, I meant early 2022. he said "some semblance of normal" in late 2021, early 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

But we do know that COVID infections have overwhelmed our hospitals. All over the world. At the same time.

I don't recall influenza ever doing that.

Let alone the worst influenza deaths for a year recently was 60k. This is going to be 6-7x that, with huge amounts of sacrifice and shut downs to prevent spread.

So we need to stop pretending that this is even remotely close to the annual flu.

And, that 60K flu deaths is likely a significant over count. As are most years in regards to the CDC estimates. Check out this article...

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com...es-to-oranges/

From the article... "When reports about the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 began circulating earlier this year and questions were being raised about how the illness it causes, COVID-19, compared to the flu, it occurred to me that, in four years of emergency medicine residency and over three and a half years as an attending physician, I had almost never seen anyone die of the flu. I could only remember one tragic pediatric case."

"Based on the CDC numbers though, I should have seen many, many more. In 2018, over 46,000 Americans died from opioid overdoses. Over 36,500 died in traffic accidents. Nearly 40,000 died from gun violence. I see those deaths all the time. Was I alone in noticing this discrepancy?"

"I decided to call colleagues around the country who work in other emergency departments and in intensive care units to ask a simple question: how many patients could they remember dying from the flu? Most of the physicians I surveyed couldn’t remember a single one over their careers. Some said they recalled a few. All of them seemed to be having the same light bulb moment I had already experienced: For too long, we have blindly accepted a statistic that does not match our clinical experience."

"The 25,000 to 69,000 numbers that Trump cited do not represent counted flu deaths per year; they are estimates that the CDC produces by multiplying the number of flu death counts reported by various coefficients produced through complicated algorithms. These coefficients are based on assumptions of how many cases, hospitalizations, and deaths they believe went unreported. In the last six flu seasons, the CDC’s reported number of actual confirmed flu deaths—that is, counting flu deaths the way we are currently counting deaths from the coronavirus—has ranged from 3,448 to 15,620, which far lower than the numbers commonly repeated by public officials and even public health experts."

Comment

Working...
                                X