Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post

the vaccine can be stored that long, but the federal government doesn't want doses sitting in freezers for 3-4 weeks when they could be going to get more people their first doses.
    So, what are the odds that people getting their first dose never get the second? Because of how ****ed up this administration is.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• This Is Sobering

“We are in the time frame now that probably for the next 60 to 90 days, we’re going to have more deaths per day than we had at 9/11 or we had at Pearl Harbor,” Redfield said.
      That is going to be a lot of dead people before the numbers start subsiding even with a vaccine.

I say we open up though because I should be able to go drink a beer with my buddies and do pull tabs!!
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        This Is Sobering

That is going to be a lot of dead people before the numbers start subsiding even with a vaccine.

I say we open up though because I should be able to go drink a beer with my buddies and do pull tabs!!
        Hadn't there been +3k days already? That would be more than 9/11 (2977) and Pearl Harbor (~2400)- we are getting to San Francisco Earthquake of 1906 at 3000 and one day of the Battle of Antitum of 3600.

But we are turning that corner.

Comment

This Is Sobering

Good call because those measures are doing wonders already aren't they!

I mean the best possible way to protect the elderly is to bring life to a halt for perfectly healthy non contagious people.

This person would clearly be alive right now if we masked harder, closed down bars harder, Thanksgivinged less, stopped youth sports, closed college campuses. Duh.

Don't worry sometime soon they will stop giving everyone a PCR test and then "Covid Deaths" will go down. And you can all feel "Safe" again. Who knows maybe the Flu will return some day.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

So, what are the odds that people getting their first dose never get the second? Because of how ****ed up this administration is.
            Fortunately, our useless president has virtually nothing to do with this.

Supplies are going to be in incredibly short supply for a while, and we (the US overall) are focusing on healthcare workers and folks in long-term care facilities. Due to the trickling in of vaccine doses, this is going to take 1-3 months. Phase II (regular people that have 2+ co-morbidities and the elderly and other high risk folks) won't be until January/February, and hopefully by then we will have more supply of these two initial 2-dose vaccines and some of the 1-dose vaccines should be about coming online. Johnson & Johnson and possibly the Oxford/AX ones specifically.

By the time healthy people are in line to get the vaccine, I hope we have multiple single-dose vaccines to use.
            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Hadn't there been +3k days already? That would be more than 9/11 (2977) and Pearl Harbor (~2400)- we are getting to San Francisco Earthquake of 1906 at 3000 and one day of the Battle of Antitum of 3600.

But we are turning that corner.
              Yes but the point is we are gonna continue with those numbers for 60-90 days. If you listen to a lot of people because the vaccine is here we are nearing the end...when in reality the dark days are still ahead of us even as the vaccine slowly rolls out.

2500+ a day for 3 months adds another 225k dead.

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Devin Nunes has tested positive...no word yet on his cow.
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

This Is Sobering

That's minimally, another 180,000 dead in the next two months. That's the minimum. How much larger might those numbers be?

And gee, wouldn't it have been nice if you(Redfield) could have done something over the past 10 months to minimize those numbers. But no, that's too much to ask. The big orange must be appeased.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

Supplies are going to be in incredibly short supply for a while, and we (the US overall) are focusing on healthcare workers and folks in long-term care facilities. Due to the trickling in of vaccine doses, this is going to take 1-3 months. Phase II (regular people that have 2+ co-morbidities and the elderly and other high risk folks) won't be until January/February, and hopefully by then we will have more supply of these two initial 2-dose vaccines and some of the 1-dose vaccines should be about coming online. Johnson & Johnson and possibly the Oxford/AX ones specifically.

By the time healthy people are in line to get the vaccine, I hope we have multiple single-dose vaccines to use.
                    "Trickling in"? I thought Operation Warp Speed was gonna inundate us with vaccines the moment they became available? You mean, the big vaccine deux ex machina is just another thing that Donnie boy ****ed up?

Comment

Devin Nunes has tested positive...no word yet on his cow.
                      Why do all these Republican leaders keep testing positive?

It's puzzling. I can't figure it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post

One of the doctors administering the vaccination program at my local hospital told me the federal government is withholding the second doses, so our hospital will get doses for X patients, and then a few weeks later (depending on if it's Pfizer or Moderna, they have different schedules) they get a corresponding shipment for the second dose of that cohort. Each shipment intended for a first does should be paired with a subsequent shipment.
                        Same deal with us.
                        In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                        I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

• PCR Ct data revealed! For the first time we get a look at the Ct values from a state health lab - these cover March-June 2020.

Rhode Island

https://rifreedom.org/2020/12/covid-...public-policy/

A look at the distribution of Ct values for all tests:

Finally, the temporal shift in percentage of tests with Ct > 32 (arguably a fair cutoff for infectious viral loads).

We can see even during the peak pandemic months 25% of tests were > 32 - and this was when mainly symptomatic folks were tested. In May-June as many as 2/3 of tests were non-infectious. The virus was waning AND testing protocols changing.

So we have clear indication that over the entire period, at least a quarter of tests were effectively false positives, with as many as 2/3 being false positives in May/June.

And the temporal shift in Ct distributions should be highly valuable in tracking the disease. Certainly these data are very important yet accessing it is extremely difficult! Why?

Casedemic

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Why do all these Republican leaders keep testing positive?

It's puzzling. I can't figure it out.
                            It looks like he tested positive for Antibodies. Must mean he has a functioning immune system, we call that Science.

Also, why is someone "testing" positive when they are asymptomatic news? Or even experiencing cold like symptoms? That is news? Seems more like theatre.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

I think we’ll be lucky to get the highest tiers of priority 1A done by end of January. Priority 1B-1C are going to be luck by end of February for first doses.

the White House never ordered extra doses. There’s already a backlog from the rest of the world who jumped in front of us.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• NH jumps to almost 1200 new cases today.

Just two months ago we were at 51.

Comment

Working...
                                X