Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm listening to a town hall at my hospital, where our chief of ID has been discussing the vaccines, their safety and importance.

But what does he know. I should listen to Chuck. It's nothing.
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
      I'm listening to a town hall at my hospital, where our chief of ID has been discussing the vaccines, their safety and importance.

But what does he know. I should listen to Chuck. It's nothing.
      I’m sure Jeb has some analytics that are much more relevant.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

I’m sure Jeb has some analytics that are much more relevant.
        Some guy on the internet who took a few college classes before deciding book learnin' wasn't for him is always more valuable than someone who dedicated their life to the study and treatment of communicable diseases.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

If I'm the last person in the country that the vaccine is offered to, I won't complain. I'll take it as soon as it's offered, but I don't fear the disease and I've managed to live without it this long, so a few more months are fine.

My wife and I actually were talking about this last night after she read something about priorities for vaccination. Front line workers in hospitals, first responders, LTC, etc..., obviously have to be first.

But then I think it gets interesting. The aged, those with underlying conditions, people in LTC facilities, are most at risk of death. They are, in my opinion, also the people least likely to be spreading this virus.

If we go with vaccinating the vulnerable first, I think we will see a much slower decline in the spread than we would if we vaccinated everyone between 18 and 40 first. That's the group where most of the spread occurs, but as a group they have the least serious outcomes. But if we stop the spread, we also stop the deaths, including in the vulnerable population.

So, it's a decision between stopping the spread (and resulting death) sooner, or protecting against death now and working on the spread last.

If it were up to me, I'd vaccinate the vulnerable first (after the front line workers) and work on the spread in the younger generation last.
          the UK is prioritizing by those most vulnerable -- not those most likely to spread. They're vaccinating the 90-80 year olds first.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

I was more wondering if both doses could be sent at the same time, so that they are already there when you are ready for the second dose.
            they can be, but they don't want to do that. They want to spread out the available doses to get as many people their first dose as possible. Then more get manufactured, and show up a week to a few days before they are needed for the second dose.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post

the UK is prioritizing by those most vulnerable -- not those most likely to spread. They're vaccinating the 90-80 year olds first.
              The US too. Save lives at most risk.

Comment

Yeah, I assume that's the way we'll do it to. Hard to argue with that position.

But I think it would interesting to see a case study where one group vaccinated the vulnerable first and the other vaccinated the spreaders first.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• I hope teachers are very high on the list. Being forced by red states to commit suicide so Christian brats aren't taught evolution because that hurts your feewies is a bad way to die.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The US too. Save lives at most risk.
                    no, I believe the US is putting non-covid healthcare workers and non-healthcare essential workers at a higher priority than the UK is. The UK is basically starting with old people, even ones not in nursing homes

Comment

no, the US is putting non-covid healthcare workers and non-healthcare essential workers at a higher priority than the UK is.
                      Sorry, I meant the priority for non-healthcare workers.

Are they not getting healthcare workers vaccinated first? That's lunacy.

Comment

Sorry, I meant the priority for non-healthcare workers.

Are they not getting healthcare workers vaccinated first? That's lunacy.
                        I'm sure those treating covid patients are high priority, but they started vaccinations of 80-90 year olds on day one of approval.

I think it's so out of control here, we need to be more worried about slowing the spread in the general population than they do at the moment.

Comment

• 300k dead on Worldmeters.

Congratulations, conservatives. One hundred 9/11s. Sixty Antietams.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

they can be, but they don't want to do that. They want to spread out the available doses to get as many people their first dose as possible. Then more get manufactured, and show up a week to a few days before they are needed for the second dose.
                            Are the two doses the exact same thing? I didn't realize that.

Although, having gotten shots for rabies, I guess I should have figured that out. We had 6 shots the first time, and then two follow ups a few weeks later.

Ok- then the plan makes more sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              300k dead on Worldmeters.

Congratulations, conservatives. One hundred 9/11s. Sixty Antietams.
                              75k Benghazis!
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Are the two doses the exact same thing? I didn't realize that.

Although, having gotten shots for rabies, I guess I should have figured that out. We had 6 shots the first time, and then two follow ups a few weeks later.

Ok- then the plan makes more sense.
                                Yeah, same thing per dose. The second is more of a booster.

Comment

Working...
                                X