Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

2018 Flu Deaths Los Angeles County - 278
    2019 Flu Deaths Los Angeles County - 125
    2020 COVID Deaths Los Angeles County - 8,075

Go fu** yourself.
    Actually, thanks for posting that graph. Whenever I see data that is flatlined, my first reaction is that something is wrong with the data- not that it's telling the truth and things are constant. Nothing is constant in life. So to quote a flat line curve for something that would clearly be going up and down (unless it's at 0% or 100%) is very bad. Shows that one has zero data integrity. Which is exactly what one expects from that poster.

Ironic that the poster constantly doubts data that they don't like, but will run with suspect data that they want to believe.

Comment

• 9/11, roughly 3000 people killed, and this country went ape****, willingly abrogating their personal freedoms right and left in the name of safety. Patriot Act, searches at airports, what have you.

Yesterday you have more people die than from that event, and people can't even put a piece of cloth over their face.

Because.......reasons.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Actually, thanks for posting that graph. Whenever I see data that is flatlined, my first reaction is that something is wrong with the data- not that it's telling the truth and things are constant. Nothing is constant in life. So to quote a flat line curve for something that would clearly be going up and down (unless it's at 0% or 100%) is very bad. Shows that one has zero data integrity. Which is exactly what one expects from that poster.

Ironic that the poster constantly doubts data that they don't like, but will run with suspect data that they want to believe.
        It is human nature to reject what is uncomfortable, disliked, or contrary to beliefs. Many people are very frivolous about COVID, because most of it is much easier than the flu. But at the same time they forget about the speed of the spread of this disease, as well as the fact that a lot of people are at risk. This is irresponsibility.

Comment

• Originally posted by Challenger007 View Post

It is human nature to reject what is uncomfortable, disliked, or contrary to beliefs. Many people are very frivolous about COVID, because most of it is much easier than the flu. But at the same time they forget about the speed of the spread of this disease, as well as the fact that a lot of people are at risk. This is irresponsibility.
          I'm not sure I would say that much of it is easier than the flu. I'm sure countless people get infected with the flu, and they have no idea. Given the number of kids who end up staying home when there's an outbreak, there's no doubt that a vast majority of flu infections go unnoticed.

Comment

2018 Flu Deaths Los Angeles County - 278
            2019 Flu Deaths Los Angeles County - 125

2020 COVID Deaths Los Angeles County - 8,075

Go fu** yourself.

Good morning CupCake. If you want to believe that the LA County Hospitals numbers are hovering around pretty typical numbers yet Covid deaths are up 30 fold on flu deaths, all the power to you.

Los Angeles County is still below the total number of patients it had in December 2019. But this isn't a story the media will highlight.

All they sell you on is fear, fear, fear.

Source: Los Angeles County COVID Dashboard Download: http://file.lacounty.gov/SDSInter/dhs/1070348_DHSCOVID-19Dashboard.pdf

Since you don't do reality or context...

National Numbers
            The CDC estimates flu burdens this way:
            Infections > dr. visits > hosp. > deaths. They get these numbers via hospital
            data & annual surveys: 46K-95K deaths in 2018.

If we narrow #COVID19 in the similar way:
            Onset date > lab-confirmed case > hosp > death we get:
            67,679 deaths

We won't even get into the PCR Test CT, cycle threshold.

Have a good day CovidZombie.
            Last edited by Jeb2020; 12-10-2020, 08:28 AM.

Comment

I had to take one swing. I've done a good job as of late ignoring it.
              You took a swing and that was what you went with?

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

The smart people put up velvet ropes so they don’t have to risk taking a swing at the swine.
                Look who it is. The guy who had his wedding in the middle of Covid, acknowledged it was a tough decision but pushed thru anyway putting countless people at risk and then a couple of months later floats the idea of Criminal Prosecution for people who have their weddings during Covid.

CovidZombie
                Last edited by Jeb2020; 12-10-2020, 07:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Try again, we don't count flu cases with a single PCR Test. We don't test an asymptomatic population for the flu and call it a case. We don't test everyone in a hospital for other causes for the flu and then call it a case.

Very funny you use the words "data integrity."

If you really believe that LA County is experiencing 30x the amount of death due to Covid vs the Flu and the hospital numbers are similar to other times I don't know what to tell you. But that is sheer and utter ignorance on your part.
                  Last edited by Jeb2020; 12-10-2020, 07:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Challenger007 View Post

Hovey, that you?

Again, not 'human nature'. Humans in other countries don't seem to have much of a problem combating the spread of the virus.

It's 'fat, lazy, stupid American nature'.
                    Last edited by rufus; 12-10-2020, 11:15 AM.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• I don't really know why the covid deniers are so invested in saying and doing anything to ignore reality. It could be that they are so fearful of the idea that THEY could get sick that the anxiety around it just compels them to insist it doesn't affect anyone. This "toddler mentality" is actually the generous theory, otherwise they are trying to con people into dying for political reasons, which is far more evil than just living under the control of fear. My guess for most of them (I have a relative like this) is fear-based denial.
                      However, I am pretty sure there's a website or several where these people go to load up on fake graphs, memes, and cherrypicked data to "prove" that it's "just the flu." This kind of thing is dangerous to those who are more vulnerable to what the cult is selling them.
                      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
                        I don't really know why the covid deniers are so invested in saying and doing anything to ignore reality.
                        It's the same as Intelligent Design and Climate Change and Trickle Down. They need to assert their faith and prejudices and hare-brained opinions against facts. They have tied their identity to the authorities they worship. They are, truly and intimately, authoritarian. The Leader cannot fail.

The Right twisted their ankle on the way up Maslow's pyramid and are stuck at Safety. There's no going any higher for them. Keep them as draft animals.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
                          I don't really know why the covid deniers are so invested in saying and doing anything to ignore reality. It could be that they are so fearful of the idea that THEY could get sick that the anxiety around it just compels them to insist it doesn't affect anyone. This "toddler mentality" is actually the generous theory, otherwise they are trying to con people into dying for political reasons, which is far more evil than just living under the control of fear. My guess for most of them (I have a relative like this) is fear-based denial.
                          However, I am pretty sure there's a website or several where these people go to load up on fake graphs, memes, and cherrypicked data to "prove" that it's "just the flu." This kind of thing is dangerous to those who are more vulnerable to what the cult is selling them.
                          They are government websites and data. Try again.

https://t.co/SNaYNZnQTk?amp=1

Certainly not afraid of healthy people breathing. Try again.

Comment

• Embracing the emotional side allows one to ignore any evidence to the contrary. Trump is nothing if not a master at that, and his cult just ate it all up.
                            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                              Embracing the emotional side allows one to ignore any evidence to the contrary. Trump is nothing if not a master at that, and his cult just ate it all up.
                              Why have science when you can have a god?
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                                Embracing the emotional side allows one to ignore any evidence to the contrary. Trump is nothing if not a master at that, and his cult just ate it all up.
                                He's also really good at getting people to fixate on a single thing. When he's mocking masks, claiming that they do nothing, he's actually creating a monstrous truth since the CDC has stated that we need >=95% mask-use (and used correctly) for them to be effective. He has 30% or more of the population deluded into believing anything he says, so of course we won't reach that 95% usage mark.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X