Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Community of 'real Heartland 'Mericans' goes largely mask free
    Lots of people start dying.
    Town council debates mask ordinance. Fines and jail terms for violating.
    Doctors and nurses offer their professional testimony, and real life experiences treating the sick and dying. Anti-maskers cry for their "freedums!!!"
    Mask ordinance passes, but all penalties for violating it stripped.
    People keep dying.
    They need to go California on it. California has figured out how high compliance mask wearing, bat sh*t crazy mandates, business closures have brought the virus to a halt.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Last I checked, we are required to get a number of vaccinations just for kids to go to school. There are exceptions, but that keeps the non vaccinators low enough to keep most diseases down. So I'm fine with various requirements for vaccines- school, travel, work..., etc.
      School vaccinations are just like employer required vaccinations. No one requires you to get vaccinated. However, if you want to enroll in the school (or work at that particular place of employment) you need to be vaccinated. But you have a choice.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        I think if you choose to not be vaccinated fine...you move to the back of the line for care then. And you lose any right to complain if you are discriminated against for your stance. Schools can keep your kids out, businesses can fire you (with no option for public assistance) or block your patronage and so on. If you want to opt out of the social contract fine but then you lose all of the benefits.

Your freedoms font outweigh anyone else's. That is true for Jill Stein Anti-Vaxxers or Trumpublican ones.
        I agree. I want the same standards for obese people as well. Especially those that aren't improving their health, they can have a government assigned health worker to make sure they are losing weight and if they don't comply then back of the line for care then. Science states that obese people are a vector for spearing respiratory viruses.

Your freedoms to be unhealthy no longer outweigh anyone else's. Because your freedom to be unhealthy leads to more transmission.

Thanks! I look forward to everyone complying and our national obesity rates dropping and becoming a healthier country which will benefit everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          I think if you choose to not be vaccinated fine...you move to the back of the line for care then. And you lose any right to complain if you are discriminated against for your stance. Schools can keep your kids out, businesses can fire you (with no option for public assistance) or block your patronage and so on. If you want to opt out of the social contract fine but then you lose all of the benefits.

Your freedoms font outweigh anyone else's. That is true for Jill Stein Anti-Vaxxers or Trumpublican ones.
          Isn't it up to the hospitals and health care providers who they treat, and in what order? Now we want to make that a law too?
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            School vaccinations are just like employer required vaccinations. No one requires you to get vaccinated. However, if you want to enroll in the school (or work at that particular place of employment) you need to be vaccinated. But you have a choice.
            Sorry, but how is it not a requirement when you are required to get something done to get in? You have the choice of going to school or not, being employed or not- which is my point.

Governments back up these kind of requirements, too.

Comment

So I assume I you favor mandatory vaccination for everyone, whether they want it or not. Prosecution if you don't, because certainly the vaccine is going to allegedly work better than any face mask at stopping this spread.
              Once it's approved for kids, just add it to the list of mandatory vaccines for day care/school. Long term problem solved.

Comment

So I assume I you favor mandatory vaccination for everyone, whether they want it or not. Prosecution if you don't, because certainly the vaccine is going to allegedly work better than any face mask at stopping this spread.
                https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/black-or-white
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Once it's approved for kids, just add it to the list of mandatory vaccines for day care/school. Long term problem solved.
                  I don't think you'll even have to wait that long. As I said, I think a majority of people will choose to get the vaccine. But I agree, most people will ultimately choose to get their kids vaccinated.

Comment

• Still didn't get your response, though. You want that law, or not?

Comment

• Do we know if this is going to be a Flu like vaccine, booster shot that moves the percentages a bit? Or like the Polio Vaccine that eradicates the disease?

Comment

Still didn't get your response, though. You want that law, or not?
                        The state can't make you get a vaccine, but the state can keep you off the streets if you didn't get one.

Your rights end where my nose begins.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Your rights end where my nose begins.
                          This is a libertarian view that most self-fashioned libertines have completely forgotten.
                          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• BTW, it's being reported that there's been a big COVID outbreak in the Michigan Legislature. Most think it started with rudi.

Comment

I think a majority of people (including me), when given the chance, will get the vaccine. I also think there will be a sizable number in your position who will have to get it because an employer requires it.

But I'm really interested in knowing where people on this board stand on the idea of compelled vaccination, under threat of some sort of state criminal sanction. People on this board are on my case because I'm troubled by other state compelled actions in the name of fighting the spread. Well, a vaccine has to be the most likely method of fighting the spread we'll see, so is everyone good with the idea that the state can compel it, because I'm not.
                              We already do it in most states. If it’s in the compelling interest of The People, then that’s part of the common defense, promotes the general welfare, and explicitly and literally part of our social contract.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Already broke the 3K barrier today with 2 hours left to go. 208k+ cases too...
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X