Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post

It’s very unlikely to be a spreader after having been vaccinated with the moderna or Pfizer vaccine. They infected rhesus monkeys with sars-cov-2 after vaccinating them and had an extremely difficult time isolating any virus RNA from their respiratory system. The ones given the placebo were full of virus. It just hasn’t been tested enough for the manufacturers to say this, but if you’ve been vaccinated it’s very unlikely you’d shed enough virus to infect others if you still got infected.

I just found out tonight that based on how the initial Pfizer shipments will likely go, plus my rural location, it looks like most likely we’ll be getting the moderna vaccination shipped to our local hospital for priority 1 (since they can ship it in smaller lots). It’s looking like I should get my first dose anywhere from a couple days before Christmas to mid/late July depending on how efficient the government is at managing this.
    It's interesting info, for sure.

But the pharma companies are playing it safe, telling people who get immunized to keep wearing a mask until this is all over. Which is the news about the vaccine that I had thought was going on for all of them- you can still get infected, but it's largely meaningless to a person. And that infection could still be passed. Good to know that it's more a precaution than 100% reality for the mask and being careful. I'll still be careful post vaccination.

I do like the vaccines that go after the virus with antibody build up AND RNA, for sure. Big bonus for the world

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

Really? I didn't think Maine got enough to do front line medical folks and nursing home patients?
      Not in the initial shipment, but there will be more coming. We should be getting continuous shipments, probably starting next week. None of the first shipment of the Pfizer vaccine will come to the hospital here, but once the moderna gets authorization and starts to ship they’ll start hitting the rural hospitals.

Comment

• Anti mask protestors surrounding the homes of local county commissioner as they vote on masks.

remember when Rube was mad that Sanders had her meal interrupted in a restaurant? Good times

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...protest-homes/

Comment

• Yeah, so glad I got to experience.

https://mobile.***********/atrupar/s...91893454884871

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            Anti mask protestors surrounding the homes of local county commissioner as they vote on masks.

remember when Rube was mad that Sanders had her meal interrupted in a restaurant? Good times

No one gets to complain about this anymore. Not on the right. Not on the left. That genie has been let out of the bottle, and anyone with common sense could see that it was a bad idea, no matter how righteous people think the cause is.

Engaging in that sort of personal protest directed at an individual in their home, or at a restaurant or wherever, is intended to harass, to annoy and to threaten. It is, for the most part, legal. But just because you can, doesn't mean you should. But other than Rube, as you noted, I didn't hear a big outcry against it around here.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

No one gets to complain about this anymore. Not on the right. Not on the left. That genie has been let out of the bottle, and anyone with common sense could see that it was a bad idea, no matter how righteous people think the cause is.

Engaging in that sort of personal protest directed at an individual in their home, or at a restaurant or wherever, is intended to harass, to annoy and to threaten. It is, for the most part, legal. But just because you can, doesn't mean you should. But other than Rube, as you noted, I didn't hear a big outcry against it around here.
              As long as we accept that protesting/harassing is different when you are armed or not. One is a threat to vote in the future, the other is a threat to resort to violence. Free speech is limited when it becomes a threat to someone.

Comment

Anti mask protestors surrounding the homes of local county commissioner as they vote on masks.

It seems to me that this is what stupid people do, who wanted to spit on their own safety and the safety of the people around them. They believe in the theories they make up, not real facts. If they do not believe television (although television cannot be 100% trusted), what prevents them from obtaining information from reliable sources? Is the World Health Organization website not suitable for them either? I think tough measures should be taken against such antics.

Comment

• Last month, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention added pregnancy to the list of conditions that put people with Covid-19 at increased risk of developing severe illness, including a heightened risk of death.

The agency added pregnancy to the list after a study that examined the health outcomes of 409,462 symptomatic women ages 15 to 44 who tested positive for the coronavirus, 23,434 of whom were pregnant.
                  https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/08/u...7TYsGNwef7UcAs
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Pregnancy is almost always a dangerous proposition relative to baseline. I'm trying to think of a situation where it's less risky to be pregnant than not and I'm coming up empty.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• I'm still baffled by the outcry against wearing masks. I know, its purely political at this point. Which makes it even more stupid.

Half these people protesting probably wear masks as part of their jobs at some point, or even in their private lives. The motorcyclist wearing a bandana on the road, the carpenter or lumber mill worker dealing with dust or sawdust, anyone working with paint, mineral spirits, or chemicals etc. They don't complain about that.

But they do complain about wearing them when doing so might help save other peoples lives. The only reasons to do so are pure selfishness and in consideration, or because their political identity mandates they do. And again, its just ****ing stupid. But that's what stupid people do.

And Hovey, you can take your 'both sides' and shove it.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• I'm sure the Party of Life will be very concerned about this.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

I'm sure the Party of Life will be very concerned about this.
                          JHVH's package arrived. Who cares about the delivery girl?
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Pregnancy is almost always a dangerous proposition relative to baseline. I'm trying to think of a situation where it's less risky to be pregnant than not and I'm coming up empty.
                            Probability of finding a front row parking space at Buy Buy Baby?
                            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              Pregnancy is almost always a dangerous proposition relative to baseline. I'm trying to think of a situation where it's less risky to be pregnant than not and I'm coming up empty.
                              If you're not a looker and your city is sacked by the Ottomans. They would kill the women they didn't take as concubines, but they would let pregnant women live -- even the uggos -- so they could take the male babies and raise them as Janissaries.

If your city is sacked by Christians they just rape you and then kill both you and your baby. Ya know, like Jesus said to.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 12-09-2020, 11:21 AM.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Don't call it terrorism! Them peoples r freedumb fighters!

Comment

Working...
                                X