Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey at least Trump isnt holding one of his Nuremberg Rallies in GA while the numbers are exploding...

But hey, this was all inevitable!
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• They were old and were gonna die anyway.

Nothing that could be done about it.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Remember that insane MN guy who was stalking DFL members of the legislature for COVID violations over thanksgiving? Well, I got him banned (or at least suspended) from Twitter.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Darwin.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post

The important part is in the replies...
            https://mobile.***********/NBCPhilad...48570665013250
            From the replies to that...”If you get the 'rona you won't get a bona”
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
              I was one of the people who was extremely skeptical about the vaccine- mostly because the Dump was trying to make it about politics and circumvent any of the experts. Currently we have Biden acting like the deFacto President and doing all the leading. The Dump has decided to play golf and stop participating in the world (well, I am sure he is tweeting but I am insulated from that). Taking Dump out of the equation was a game changer for me. I feel like the experts are back to having the ability to speak out, we are hearing a cohesive approach and someone is actually leading. If the Dump was still in, I would be much less likely to be ok with it. His ability to exert pressure, squelch reporting of science or alter it was not confidence inspiring.
              I don't go into that thread often. In old Board I ignored the fan boyz. There are a few in there who are audiovisual aides for what you don't want your child to turn out like as far as character. They are also stupid and float the most ridiculous things that I know are false but can't say so because I am not supposed to know. Safer to stay out

net- you are a beacon of light in there. Honestly. There are no profile pics but my imagination has a few of them at about 4-5 yrs old stomping their feet, tantruming screaming, "BUT I NEEEEEED IT!"
              I ventured to the D1 Forum and that thread (I basically have no reason to enter the D1 Forum anymore) and Holy S-are there are some idiots there. Personal favorite was JD going "You People" to you. "You People"? You mean "medical professionals"?
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Comment

• Why is New York seeing a spike in Covid "Cases"? The only reason they had a tough go the first time is because it was new and they were learning in real time. Then they figured out how to conquer a virus with mandates over the Summer, Cuomo even wrote a book on leadership based on the events and was awarded an Emmy.

Why in the world would a respiratory virus reappear in the late Fall & Winter? That is not how a virus works after you conquer it. Did NYC already forget?

I wonder if he will have to give his Emmy back? Or add a chapter to his book?

Comment

• https://***********/lmcshanenydn/sta...10388067610631

Of course the owner of the bar is white so cops didn't shoot him...
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

So, you're saying you could still have the virus, you could still spread it. But you yourself wouldn't get sick because you had the vaccine.
                      Yup.

Now before a rumor gets started that this is so, no one actually said this was factually the case, just that they could not confirm based on what they know right now. This was directed to those touting herd immunity as a strategy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

I've been reading about this. "Success" from the testing, and I defer to you, is whether the test subject develops antibodies, correct? It's still technically possible to have said antibodies, fight off the infection but still be - at least somewhat - contagious. Correct?
                        Originally posted by Swansong View Post

I've been reading about this. "Success" from the testing, and I defer to you, is whether the test subject develops antibodies, correct? It's still technically possible to have said antibodies, fight off the infection but still be - at least somewhat - contagious. Correct?
                        Correct on all counts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I love this user name. Who is it for? Air Force?
                          Bowling Green. Instead of saying "And we're underway!" or something like that for the opening faceoff, the previous student PbP announcer, Evan Pivnick (currently doing PbB for the ECHL's Adirondack Thunder), would say "Talons up, puck down" to tie into the athletic department's "Talons Up!" marketing campaign. I'm not one of those overly creative types so I swiped it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            I ventured to the D1 Forum and that thread (I basically have no reason to enter the D1 Forum anymore) and Holy S-are there are some idiots there. Personal favorite was JD going "You People" to you. "You People"? You mean "medical professionals"?
                            He is a first class d1ck. He literally posted that I was unreasonable because he had to suffer thru 8 months of this and he should be able to watch hockey. Not sure who parented him but what ever they tried it didn't work. There are a few of them in there that are about as selfish and entitled as you can get. Would not want them in my family or my community. In life before the 'rona those were the people that folks sneered at but ignored as selfish gits. At first I thought they were joking- they aren't. They just suck.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

Well in all fairness, Hockey East threads read that way long before this pandemic.
                              Admission requirements have consequences.
                              Cornell University
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post

Bowling Green. Instead of saying "And we're underway!" or something like that for the opening faceoff, the previous student PbP announcer, Evan Pivnick (currently doing PbB for the ECHL's Adirondack Thunder), would say "Talons up, puck down" to tie into the athletic department's "Talons Up!" marketing campaign. I'm not one of those overly creative types so I swiped it.
                                Cool.

The middle logo is one of my all-time favorites (although no talons):

Also, because I first became aware of college hockey in the early 80s, Bowling Green will always feel like a team that "should" compete, for me. The teams that are fixed in my mind as perennial natural NCAA contenders:

Harvard
                                Clarkson
                                St. Lawrence
                                Cornell
                                Providence
                                RPI

Bowling Green
                                Wisconsin
                                North Dakota
                                Northern Michigan
                                Michigan Tech
                                Minnesota
                                Last edited by Kepler; 12-06-2020, 12:09 PM.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X