Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What part about bending the curve did Hovey miss? That's been the number one goal since day one. And right now America is failing that goal in epic fashion. Just wait until all the beds are full and there's nowhere for the really sick to go. Have fun.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• I genuinely don't know whether Hovey is being disingenuous. To me it's so obvious and as I have maintained throughout I don't believe Hovey is stupid, so there are two possibilities: (1) he's blinded by his ideology (something that can happen even to smart people) or (2) he's witting but he's cynically carrying water for the laundry, and f-ck the consequences.

I prefer to think he has been duped than that he's a monster.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

Well, and people who legitimately can't take it. There are those folks too that rely on the rest of us to do the right thing.
        Look out for other people? Do what's best for society?

Not my responsibility. I wanna go to the bar.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          What part about bending the curve did Hovey miss? That's been the number one goal since day one. And right now America is failing that goal in epic fashion. Just wait until all the beds are full and there's nowhere for the really sick to go. Have fun.
          The curve is more of a near vertical line at this point.
          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• IT DID NOT HAVE TO SPREAD.

Taiwan has not had a case in months. Vietnam, one. New Zealand, a couple dozen? Japan has lost fewer people than North Dakota.

You have water carriers like Hovey keep repeating that nonsense like a mantra. It’s hogwash. The right has decided to make this political and **** us all.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• I mean, my god. Sturgis alone.

You don’t get to say this was inevitable when we allow **** like Sturgis.
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                I mean, my god. Sturgis alone.

You don’t get to say this was inevitable when we allow **** like Sturgis.
                Sturgis really ****es me off.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Sturgis should lead to criminal charges or someone being sent to The Hague
                  Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Look out for other people? Do what's best for society?

Not my responsibility. I wanna go to the bar.
                    You don’t want to go to the bar, you NEED to go to the bar.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      I genuinely don't know whether Hovey is being disingenuous. To me it's so obvious and as I have maintained throughout I don't believe Hovey is stupid, so there are two possibilities: (1) he's blinded by his ideology (something that can happen even to smart people) or (2) he's witting but he's cynically carrying water for the laundry, and f-ck the consequences.

I prefer to think he has been duped than that he's a monster.
                      I certainly don't intend to be disingenuous. I don't think I'm a dupe or a political stooge. I think if you had to boil down my opinion regarding Covid to a single statement, which I have essentially argued throughout, it would be this: Short of a vaccine, I don't think we have nearly as much ability to control this disease as a lot of people here (and elsewhere) think we do.

That's all. It's just an opinion, but it's my opinion.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Sturgis really ****es me off.
                        If American citizens want to go to Sturgis, who is government to say that can't? Its their freedums. Its in the damm Constitution. "The right for citizens to gather at Sturgis yearly shall not be infringed"

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

I certainly don't intend to be disingenuous. I don't think I'm a dupe or a political stooge. I think if you had to boil down my opinion regarding Covid to a single statement, which I have essentially argued throughout, it would be this: Short of a vaccine, I don't think we have nearly as much ability to control this disease as a lot of people here (and elsewhere) think we do.

That's all. It's just an opinion, but it's my opinion.
                          A lot of the rest of the world would render your opinion meritless.

We don't lack the ability.

We lack the will.

Comment

• Really interesting from WaPo about why hockey is the hardest hit sport regarding outbreaks

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...f4mSdkGxZ8xfa4

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

A lot of the rest of the world would render your opinion meritless.

We don't lack the ability.

We lack the will.
                              This cannot be overstated.
                              I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                IT DID NOT HAVE TO SPREAD.

Taiwan has not had a case in months. Vietnam, one. New Zealand, a couple dozen? Japan has lost fewer people than North Dakota.

You have water carriers like Hovey keep repeating that nonsense like a mantra. It’s hogwash. The right has decided to make this political and **** us all.
                                It did not have to spread, but it was inevitable that it would spread. As much responsibility as trump and the republican enablers must shoulder, the American people must shoulder a large burden of it too. People have been willfully blind here.

They CHOOSE to gather in crowds at bars, restaurants, weddings and other activities. They CHOOSE to forego masks. For some, they CHOOSE to go to work sick. They CHOOSE to decide against being tested even if they have a known exposure. They CHOOSE to circulate immediately AFTER a positive test because they don't "feel" sick. Every time I hear some talking head on CNN berate the administration for its failure to lead I am struck by the notion that there is so much information and evidence out there that no one in this country can legitimately say they could not have known how serious this pandemic is.

At some point this ceases to be trump's fault and becomes the fault of the people of this country who have chosen to put so many of us at risk.

Comment

Working...
                                X