Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

The point is not whether anything "analogous" has been implemented for Covid.

The question is this. How willing are you to grant plenary powers to a single individual in your state to do what they conclude is in the public's best safety interest, keeping in mind, as everyone here is so happy to point out, there is a pretty wide range of viewpoints among those who hold the governors offices.
    It's. F-cking. Science.

It's not political opinion. I do not understand how the Right does not get that we don't vote on facts. Reality is that which exists even if you don't believe in it.

Or to put it more bluntly, microbes don't care about your feelings.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

It's. F-cking. Science.

It's not political opinion. I do not understand how the Right does not get that we don't vote on facts. Reality is that which exists even if you don't believe in it.

You guys don't seem to understand this one simple fact. I am not disputing the science.

I don't dispute that it's a respiratory disease, spread by close range contact, or basically breathing the same air. I don't dispute that.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

It's. F-cking. Science.

What's up Board Facist ^^^

Why is it that the Covid-Zombies love yapping about #Science or #Experts but never elaborate? As if saying those words are show stoppers, case closed. Bunch of children.

What is #Science? #ChiefAdultChild
        -Lockdowns?
        -No Sporting events for almost a year?
        -Almost every white collar job working remote
        -School Closures?
        -Healthy people wearing masks? When someone takes 44 breaths per minute where exactly do you think those healthy breaths of air are going? Rock Head
        -PCR Tests with an over sensitive CT and no clinical observation. Sounds like some great #Science there.

Jeeze CupCake you would think if your #Science would #Science it would at least put a dent in some of the #Cases.

Now excuse me I need to go take a selfie with my mask on.
        Last edited by Jeb2020; 12-03-2020, 05:35 PM.

Comment

What if this pandemic, instead of being a respiratory virus, was a disease ravaging the gay community, transmitted primarily through sexual contact? In the interest of public health you'd support an effort by the conservative SD governor to place a temporary ban on all gay sexual contact, you know, just until the crisis passed?
          What if you would just deal with reality, and not offer up strawmen?
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

You guys don't seem to understand this one simple fact. I am not disputing the science.

I don't dispute that it's a respiratory disease, spread by close range contact, or basically breathing the same air. I don't dispute that.
            No, you just dispute that we should do anything about it.

Because freedoms, or human nature, or some such ****.

When really all it is is you just don't want to be inconvenienced. Probably pizzes you off to have to put shoes and a shirt on to go into the C-store.
            Last edited by rufus; 12-03-2020, 06:38 PM.

Comment

• Taking a break from the slap fight going on:

215K new cases and 2840 deaths. (so far)

7 states above 100 deaths. (Minnesota and Tennessee over 90) 3 States over 200 deaths.
              Last edited by Handyman; 12-03-2020, 07:09 PM.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Oh an update:

217k cases and 2915 deaths.

Now 8 states over 100 (with MN and TN still in the 90s) with 3 over 200. (Michigan 193)

Rounding the corner!

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

No, you just dispute that we should do anything about it.

Because freedoms, or human nature, or some such ****.

When really all it is is you just don't want to be inconvenienced. Probably pizzes you off to have to put shoes and a shirt on to go into the C-store.
                  Not taking about hovey here in particular, but I find all these freedom loving people who want no government are always the first ones begging for the federal teet when they have some kind of issue

Comment

• Part of Mass is out of ICU beds, but don’t worry restaurants are still open for indoor dining.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Foster County, ND had 93 cases yesterday.
                      population: 3,290

lincoln county, CO: 235
                      Population: 5,548
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Gove County, KS has a death rate of 763/100k residents.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Yeah but if no one sees it does it really matter?
                          Last edited by Handyman; 12-04-2020, 12:30 AM.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• But I was told that the number of deaths was falling.

I'm confused. Was I being lied to? Talked down to like I was an 8 year old?

Comment

• But didn't Trump say that NOBODY would be talking about Covid after the election? Maybe he meant we'd all be dead.
                              Originally posted by mookie1995
                              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                              Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                              Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Heard this morning that Covid has surpassed Heart Disease as the leading cause of death in the United States. Congratulations America, you did it.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X