Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Coworker's brother works at a big hospital. This is far worse than what's in the news. They're already beyond capacity. They're already rationing care. Apocalyptic is how the ICU doc described it. Patients get intubated and sit or lay in the hallway until someone else dies and gives up their bed.

It's not just vents they're out of, it's everything else too.
    I mean, I've been saying this for 9 months now. My ICU is full and has been since March. But what do I know? I only see census data daily.
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

I mean, I've been saying this for 9 months now. My ICU is full and has been since March. But what do I know? I only see census data daily.
      Is Baker cooking the books at all? It honestly wouldn’t shock me that much.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• One of my locations at work is experiencing more cases every day. Critical people are being taken off the floor. Projects are being shut down. I spoke with one of the managers today and she sounded exhausted from dealing with it. N95s now required to be on site. I will not be going to that location.

Wife's hospital is now floating nurses off the MH floors (and others) to where ever they are needed in the hospital. Then floating them back. A COVID+ patient was just admitted to one of the MH units. And someone knew they were positive. Not just sick, not symptomatic, a known positive. My wife still isn't given an n95 for daily use. Just a surgical mask. I think we're going to have a long difficult conversation about what our options are.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

Is Baker cooking the books at all? It honestly wouldn’t shock me that much.
          In terms of what? Most of the data he uses (and you can access straight from the MDPH site) is directly interfaced in. I don't have access to other hospital's data but I do have access to mine - and when I look at the DPH site it jives with what I expect to see.

Comment

• We might actually be seeing a type of survival of the fittest. Natural selection was ended by modern medicine. But with finite resources Earth's carrying capacity of humans is still strained and Mother Nature always finds a way.

Enter cultural selection. It is possible that in the absence of physical mutations causing selection differences we will now see cultural mutations perform the same function. Conservatism has always carried selection costs and benefits.

Survival Costs of Conservatism:

lower education --> worse decision making
            higher religiosity --> less leveraging of science and reason
            greater fear and aggression --> higher likelihood of violent death in war or domestic violence
            less mental flexibility --> more dangerous work, higher morbidity across all behaviors

Survival Benefits of Conservatism:

reducing women to slave breeding stock --> an explosion of offspring
            higher religiosity --> ineptitude at birth control

Like rabbits, lemmings, or opossums, the huge brood compensates for greater morbidity.
            Last edited by Kepler; 12-02-2020, 06:22 PM.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

In terms of what? Most of the data he uses (and you can access straight from the MDPH site) is directly interfaced in. I don't have access to other hospital's data but I do have access to mine - and when I look at the DPH site it jives with what I expect to see.
              When he changed the dashboard and metrics a month ago or so he lost all credibility with me. That’s good to know there isn’t any funny business going on with the data you are sending.

Comment

Coworker's brother works at a big hospital. This is far worse than what's in the news. They're already beyond capacity. They're already rationing care. Apocalyptic is how the ICU doc described it. Patients get intubated and sit or lay in the hallway until someone else dies and gives up their bed.

It's not just vents they're out of, it's everything else too.
                Minnesota ICU’s are reportedly at 92% capacity.

In April, the state had 1,244 ICUs ready.

Today, that number has shrunk to 1,212.

Meanwhile Minnesota has received $4.1 billion in covid funding…

Where has the money gone? Where are the questions?

Oh and amazingly there were 1,848 ICU beds just a week ago. Now the number reads 1,212. That is one way to play with the numbers to keep the CovidZombies *****ng themselves 24/7.

And shutting down hospitals in Oct/Nov.? Good move.

Hopefully you all change your Magical Mask as often as you change your soiled diaper.
                Last edited by Jeb2020; 12-02-2020, 06:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

When he changed the dashboard and metrics a month ago or so he lost all credibility with me. That’s good to know there isn’t any funny business going on with the data you are sending.
                  I don't stress too much about that because raw numbers are what they are. The color code system is just for marketing.

Pretty much every hospital system in the state has a direct interface with the DPH, some report numbers daily in data dumps and others (like we do, and other Epic users) do it in real time. The state page isn't updated in real time, I think that's updated mid-afternoon. But I've never seen anything that looked fishy. And they've been super communicative about issues (like when we got zapped with a ransomware attack in July and didn't have data for about 36 hours) and holiday pauses.

I firmly believe Baker would have closed restaurants again (except for takeout) except for the fact that the state is out of money and there's no indication that McConnell or the useless outgoing president will allow for additional financial help. Baker is making the rational decision that COVID + closures and foreclosures is worse than COVIDplus + open businesses. I'm not sure I agree, but it's a rational decision in a ridiculous situation. Other local governors seem to be coming to the same conclusion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Well, too bad no one cares because they aren’t seeing it firsthand. Fake news. At least that’s what I read here today.

an abomination is what it is. It never had to be like this.
                    worldometers already has us at 188k cases today and 2727 deaths. Most likely today will be the deadliest day of the Pandemic as 2744 is the high water mark. 6 states with over 100 dead (FL with 95) and 2 with over 200. Texas will pass 1.3 million cases sometime tonight.

edit: **** just refreshed 202k cases and 2814 deaths WE DID IT!!!
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

worldometers already has us at 188k cases today and 2727 deaths. Most likely today will be the deadliest day of the Pandemic as 2744 is the high water mark. 6 states with over 100 dead (FL with 95) and 2 with over 200. Texas will pass 1.3 million cases sometime tonight.

edit: **** just refreshed 202k cases and 2814 deaths WE DID IT!!!
                      7 states over 100 deaths, guessing you missed KS since it's a ways down the list

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post

7 states over 100 deaths, guessing you missed KS since it's a ways down the list
                        I think they updated before I refreshed so yeah they are who I missed. (I had it sorted by daily deaths)

BTW the US passed 100k hospitalizations. I mean they don't matter cause they aren't dead and no one sees them but that seems rather significant.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• And the thanksgiving stories have started.

my sister and her husband didn’t go to his parents house like he originally wanted to. The rest of his family, including his siblings, did gather.

4 of those 7 are positive as of today.

Comment

• Jesus we’re in serious trouble
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Jesus we’re in serious trouble
                              Two of the four work in hospitals so it likely came from there and then spread at the gathering to others

I now know 3 docs and 2 nurses who have gotten this in the last two weeks

Comment

• If it makes folks feel any better we have half a dozen B-52’s crossing the Atlantic tonight. That can only be a good thing, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X