Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Well, since you've moved this into a poker discussion, here is my response. I call.

You can sit here and claim that if you were outside and you felt it was nice enough to go without a coat, you'd still run back inside and get one if someone told you the weatherman recommended it, but I don't believe you. It's human nature. I don't know why people are so deadset against acknowledging that what has occurred here is simple human nature. But it is. I don't know, maybe people think that if they accept that proposition they are no longer in a position to name call or cast blame. Who knows.
    Human nature? Or soft, selfish, spoiled American nature?

Cause there's enough evidence from around the world that can prove its not "human" nature. It's fat, lazy, stupid American nature.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
      But their economy was still killed.

Now, because they did nothing about the pandemic, so will their people.

Sociopathic ****. Go **** yourself.
      I think you're confusing his statements of what drove the ND government and people to act as it had and what should have happened. He's explaining the why things did happen while everybody else is saying why things should have happened differently. It's two sides talking past each other, or one side simply ignoring the other's actual statements as it doesn't comport with their own.

ND is full of idiots, no doubt. The problem is that many people can't see the world that exists beyond the end of their noses. The first sentence here is not part of Hovey's argument, but the second part is. They're not incongruent ideas, though they are separate.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

I think you're confusing his statements of what drove the ND government and people to act as it had and what should have happened. He's explaining the why things did happen while everybody else is saying why things should have happened differently. It's two sides talking past each other, or one side simply ignoring the other's actual statements as it doesn't comport with their own.
        This is exactly what is occurring. I understand many people on here are describing, over and over and over and over again, what people should be doing. My initial post on the subject was to contradict the claim that people have acted the way they have because they made a conscious choice to save the the economy instead of lives. I say no such thing occurred. Instead, people acted the way they did (and still are) because of human nature. That if you are not experiencing the catastrophe everyone says is occurring, you have a tendency to minimize it or not change your behavior.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Instead, people acted the way they did (and still are) because of human nature. That if you are not experiencing the catastrophe everyone says is occurring, you have a tendency to minimize it or not change your behavior.
          This sounds a bit like, "why are we immunizing against a disease that nobody gets?"
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

This sounds a bit like, "why are we immunizing against a disease that nobody gets?"
            It is. It's dumb, but people still do it. Look at the state's voting record!
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

This is exactly what is occurring. I understand many people on here are describing, over and over and over and over again, what people should be doing. My initial post on the subject was to contradict the claim that people have acted the way they have because they made a conscious choice to save the the economy instead of lives. I say no such thing occurred. Instead, people acted the way they did (and still are) because of human nature. That if you are not experiencing the catastrophe everyone says is occurring, you have a tendency to minimize it or not change your behavior.
              Human Nature of a completely uninformed and uneducated populace. What about first pandemic like this to hit since 1918 was so hard to figure out? Does no one read in North Dakota? Is no one able to critically think? Or is that so hard they just can't do it?
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• We could solve all this if we could have non-porous borders between States. Then the stupid people could stay with the other stupid people being free to do what they wanted and we wouldn't need to use our $$ or our resources on the fallout. If the culture is to be stupid then great. Once you think you are entitled to use my tax $$ to enable your stupidity then I call foul.

Foot traffic is down- not just because of restrictions- but because smart people aren't going where it isn't necessary. If you want things to improve then make it less risky to be out.

Comment

What's really dumb is when people sit on the internet and proclaim how dumb the populace is in ND and SD for not handling it correctly, because apparently everyone else has it firmly under control.

Oh yeah, do you?
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

What's really dumb is when people sit on the internet and proclaim how dumb the populace is in ND and SD for not handling it correctly, because apparently everyone else has it firmly under control.

Oh yeah, do you?
                    I sure as **** didn't hold a biker rally in the state in the middle of a summer pandemic. And then watch the virus spread like ****ing wildfile afterwards. So, yeah, I am smarter than SD Governor. I can proclaim that with confidence.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Oh yeah, do you?
                      What's even dumber is not understanding that the populace who is handling this poorly is distributed throughout the country, just more highly concentrated in some areas. No where in the US has it under control because everywhere has these brave morons struggling for their freedumb. But the Dakotas are a prime example where the idiots are leading the charge and actually encouraging the virus.

Comment

But that's my point, it's not "human nature," It would be "the human nature of incredibly stupid humans." It is a hallmark -- perhaps the hallmark -- of intelligence to be able to entertain a hypothesis that is not immediately in front of your nose.

Dakotans buy insurance, so I'm sure they were also up to this.

The problem is they were lied to by Republicans from Dump all the way down to their local yokel Republican, well, whatever passes for ward healer. Paddock peddler? Podunk perambulator? Whatever.

Hovey is correct that we should not be pointing and laughing at Dakotans for stupidity -- they are no stupider than any other locality (thanks FadeToBlack&Gold!). The discriminator here was the Right murdered them by deceving them for cynical political gain. We should be pointing at Dakota (and national) Republicans and arresting them for criminal negligence.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 12-02-2020, 05:34 PM.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• We’ve tested half of the entire state of Minnesota. We’ve tracked over 300,000 infected people.

Throw out the covid models… we have the real data.

Survival rate outside long term care = 99.90%

Under age 60 = 99.98%

Survival rate overall = 99.71% Find your age below

How are the CovidZombies doing down in the basement? Stay there forever.

Comment

• One for all the folks who think Covid deaths are being overstated https://bangordailynews.com/2020/12/...fficial-tally/
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Coworker's brother works at a big hospital. This is far worse than what's in the news. They're already beyond capacity. They're already rationing care. Apocalyptic is how the ICU doc described it. Patients get intubated and sit or lay in the hallway until someone else dies and gives up their bed.

It's not just vents they're out of, it's everything else too.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Coworker's brother works at a big hospital. This is far worse than what's in the news. They're already beyond capacity. They're already rationing care. Apocalyptic is how the ICU doc described it. Patients get intubated and sit or lay in the hallway until someone else dies and gives up their bed.

It's not just vents they're out of, it's everything else too.
                                Well, too bad no one cares because they aren’t seeing it firsthand. Fake news. At least that’s what I read here today.

an abomination is what it is. It never had to be like this.

Comment

Working...
                                X