Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Sorry you’re going through it. Sending you positive thoughts. Be safe!

Just got back from taking mine. It was quick and rather painless. Nurse was lovely. I told her to stay safe, that I was wishing for her to be safe and while I wasn’t an overly religious person i said she and her fellow nurses were doing God’s work. I realized I left their info sheet in the car. And there it will remain till I hear about my results. which they said should come in 24-48 hours.
    Thanks. Like I said...so far very mild symptoms. Just feels like a bad sinus infection.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• One scary note here in Boston - most hospitals have flipped ICUs to "disaster documentation levels", which means that the enormous amount of constant patient documentation of these high acuity patients is reduced to allow for more time for actual patient care. We dropped this in June, and now we're back. So far it's just ICUs, but soon enough it'll be other patient units.
      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

Thanks. Like I said...so far very mild symptoms. Just feels like a bad sinus infection.
        Which still aren't fun.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Which still aren't fun.
          No. Better than a bad Covid case though.
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
            high acuity patients
            Wazzat mean? "In need of urgent care now"? "On the way to needing urgent care"? "FUBAR"?
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
              One scary note here in Boston - most hospitals have flipped ICUs to "disaster documentation levels", which means that the enormous amount of constant patient documentation of these high acuity patients is reduced to allow for more time for actual patient care. We dropped this in June, and now we're back. So far it's just ICUs, but soon enough it'll be other patient units.
              I’m with Kepler on this. Can you please expand on this a little more?
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Don Jr. has the bug.

thoughts and prayers.

Comment

• Sorry - meetings all day and you need to use proper industry vocabulary and the habit just... sticks...

Acuity = amount of care a patient needs. High acuity = requires lots of care. Patients in the ICU are monitored like crazy and the amount of documentation is substantial. When we go to "disaster documentation" the amount of documentation required is significantly reduced, which frees staff up to actually take care of the patients instead of spending 2/3 of their work day hovering over a computer and entering all kinds of assessments. The ICU in my hospital is at about 90% capacity right now (only 20 beds - it ain't big), and staffing levels are very difficult to maintain when there isn't a pandemic on.

Now that we're 9 months into the pandemic we're a lot better at caring for patients - we don't admit them as quickly as we did in April and we don't jump to intubation as quickly either (I'll leave the actual healthcare professionals to explain that, all I do is determine workflows and match them to IT infrastructure). As such, we have fewer admitted patients per infection, but those that are admitted are, on balance, probably sicker than they were in April. If you don't need to be in the hospital, most hospitals try to keep you out. You can see this in the CDC numbers - case fatality rate has been pretty steady since June or so, and is much reduced from early on.

My parent company (second biggest employer in MA) is also rapidly ramping up our telemedicine infrastructure in anticipation of future outpatient closures. It's my understanding that they do not intend to close clinics again, but are preparing in case it's necessary.

Comment

Don Jr. has the bug.

thoughts and prayers.
                    Covid has found its home

Comment

• The white house really is a petri dish at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Covid has found its home
                        Nah, I'm waiting for Rudy.

The bat virus should feel right at home with Nosferatu.

Comment

Don Jr. has the bug.

thoughts and prayers.
                          The poor bug.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Don Jr. has the bug.

thoughts and prayers.
                            Well he has to concede now so he can focus on taking care of his beloved child.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• SD gov won’t discourage people to stop mixing households on thanksgiving.

osterholm just said it’s profoundly dumb. What does he know

the dakotas are an embarrassment

Comment

• They said it couldn't be done...but today the US has reached a glorious milestone!! That is right WE CRACKED 200K CASES IN ONE DAY!!
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X