Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    The signs can quote Revelation with pics of Dumpies
    And I looked, and behold pale whores, and his name that sat on them was Death -- Revulsion 6:7-8

Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
      There might not be anybody left alive in Wisconsin by Thanksgiving to travel out of state. The numbers here are eye-popping, scary and sad. Rolling 7 day average of 4000 cases a day and a 24.5% positivity rate, plus 28 dead daily and more people hospitalized than at any other time during the pandemic. Ohio, with twice the population of Wisconsin is seeing rolling averages of 2800 cases and 13 dying daily.

I wear a mask, avoid unneeded trips, stay completely away from large indoor crowds and physically distance myself when I was around others and I still have COVID-19 So some people say "see, even if it isn't a hoax, what are you gonna do?" Well, you're a stunningly stupid idiot if that's your takeaway. The problem is so many other people did not do what I and others knew to do. The ONLY reason this is as bad as it is (and it is going to get much, much worse between now and the end of the year) is because 20-30% of people won't do the right thing. In some places, like Wisconsin, that number is closer to 50%. We are fvcked, but not because we CAN'T do anything. It is because a large enough minority of the people in this country WON'T do anything.

I'd like to start a group, modeled after the Westboro Baptist church, and protest at funerals of COVID-19 deniers who end up dying of COVID-19. They need to know they got exactly what they deserved.
      Just catching up after putting myself in a corner for awhile (which, from the above post, looks to have done no good). Saw you tested positive. Hope all is going as well as it can. Thinking of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue

I think people have a tough time seeing how great their lives are, already. And that taking a year off of that 1) isn't that hard, and 2) will help you appreciate what you do really have. I've posted this before, but we've had such a blessed life that taking a year (or whatever) off of doing that isn't the worst thing in the world. And this applies especially to the ones that have long traditions. Even more so the ones with long traditions that they so very much hate participating in. Seems like a great excuse to not do something one loathes so much.

The people I do feel for are the ones who had plans for real once in a lifetime thing to do. Hopefully, it's something that can be postponed- but there are a lot of people who can only do specific things once, and even that is a stretch. For their sake, I really want to see this end ASAP so that they don't have some terrible thing hanging over their heads while doing the special event.
        I turn 40 in March. Had plans for one last big family trip to Disney with my generation of cousins, before we have to start planning around school, etc

oh well
        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

I think people have a tough time seeing how great their lives are, already. And that taking a year off of that 1) isn't that hard, and 2) will help you appreciate what you do really have. I've posted this before, but we've had such a blessed life that taking a year (or whatever) off of doing that isn't the worst thing in the world. And this applies especially to the ones that have long traditions. Even more so the ones with long traditions that they so very much hate participating in. Seems like a great excuse to not do something one loathes so much.

The people I do feel for are the ones who had plans for real once in a lifetime thing to do. Hopefully, it's something that can be postponed- but there are a lot of people who can only do specific things once, and even that is a stretch. For their sake, I really want to see this end ASAP so that they don't have some terrible thing hanging over their heads while doing the special event.
          I feel for those people too. But, having dealt with people who had no choice but to put their lives on hold because death looms puts things in perspective

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

I feel for those people too. But, having dealt with people who had no choice but to put their lives on hold because death looms puts things in perspective
            "Because Death Looms"

What kind of bat sh*t crazy are we talking here?

Comment

Wow this is next level stupidity. Take a year off of life? Sounds #Scientific.

I am sure the Virus will call it quits when everyone, 330+ Million people all take a year off. Holy sh*t can you hear how stupid you sound? Or at least how impractical?
              Last edited by Jeb2020; 10-26-2020, 10:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jericho View Post

I turn 40 in March. Had plans for one last big family trip to Disney with my generation of cousins, before we have to start planning around school, etc

oh well
                So you are 1 year younger than me...my 40th was pretty much the last hurrah of my fave bar.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Jaguars RB Ryquell Armstead will miss the remainder of the 2020 with COVID-19 complications.

It's a scary situation, one that's landed him in the hospital twice already. Ruling him out this far in advance is ominous and a reminder of how the virus can affect even the best athletes. This is the biggest scare among NFL players to date. Armstead was placed on the COVID-19 list on August 2nd.

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
                    ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Jaguars RB Ryquell Armstead will miss the remainder of the 2020 with COVID-19 complications.

It's a scary situation, one that's landed him in the hospital twice already. Ruling him out this far in advance is ominous and a reminder of how the virus can affect even the best athletes. This is the biggest scare among NFL players to date. Armstead was placed on the COVID-19 list on August 2nd.
                    He’s probably just trying to make Trump look bad or something. It doesn’t sound legit to me.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
                      ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Jaguars RB Ryquell Armstead will miss the remainder of the 2020 with COVID-19 complications.

Fake news.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

Just catching up after putting myself in a corner for awhile (which, from the above post, looks to have done no good). Saw you tested positive. Hope all is going as well as it can. Thinking of you.
                        Thanks leswp1. Noticed you were absent for a while and hoped everything was well. How is everyone in your circle holding up? Hopefully everyone is at least keeping their sanity intact.

I am OK, extremely mild symptoms. The most striking was the complete loss of smell and taste for about a week, but those senses reactivated over the weekend. Two co-workers also are dealing with it and both had much more significant symptoms. One is back to work today, feeling better and testing negative, the other is still out after 2+ weeks sicker than a dog, lost 25 pounds. That one also is fortunately feeling better, but still resting while getting strength back.

So far I feel like I dodged a bullet and feel grateful to have been spared what so many others were not.

Comment

• That's great to hear. Have you been tested again to get a negative result?

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pre0OFtCqis
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• I'm queer. You know this. Federally, I didn't have the right to get married until 2015. My status in the LGBT community wasn't federally protected until 2020.

But please, tell me how wearing a mask in Target for 30 minutes makes you so oppressed. Stay strong, patriot.
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                That's great to hear. Have you been tested again to get a negative result?
                                I am waiting a bit. My employer wants a negative test before I work anywhere but from home so I will get a test a little closer to when my CDC and work-imposed isolation ends.

Comment

Working...
                                X