Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    Florida Man causes COVID-19 super spreader event at and adult rec. hockey game.

https://www.iflscience.com/health-an...np9Q9z5GPXLy7Y
    Because they used locker rooms: they are deadly if someone has it....We have been playing men's league around here without locker rooms and only 10 players per team so people can spread out on the bench....No cases since opening in June

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
      And I gotta say, it is really weird not being able to smell or taste anything. That has never happened to me before.
      If you ever wanted to see Staten Island...
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Someday I hope to once again live in a world where people understand that scientists often change their minds and recommendations as new data becomes available.

I am fvcking really hating people today. I woke up unable to smell or taste anything. I've had a couple of other low grade symptoms, and now find out someone who I spent far too much time with in a room 10 days ago and then again for around an hour in a car 6 days ago has tested positive for covid, someone who rarely has a mask on. so for the second time in as many months, I will be getting a covid test. And because this lovely state has so much coronavirus you can almost see it floating in the air, there isn't a site within 90 miles of me that has an available slot for a scheduled test until Wednesday morning.

And I gotta say, it is really weird not being able to smell or taste anything. That has never happened to me before.
        I got my smell and taste back after about two weeks, not sure if that makes you feel any better

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          Osterholm says next 6-12 weeks will be darkest days of the pandemic.

do the clowns on the right still like him now?

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota...dMNriifn_lz3T8
          Osterholm has as many conflicts of interest as anyone. He pumps doom and gloom at every corner, this is about the 4th or 5th period he has made a proclamation like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
            Chuckles also, like his buttboy Jebbie/whalers ignores that deaths lag hospitalizations, and hospitalizations are on the rise.

So get back to us on those numbers in another few weeks, eh Chuckler?
            Talking like that is a big no no ChildMan. You are going to have to go on time out, bring your diaper & face diaper. And no picking your nose through your mask again.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

And tis is why we social distance, and wear masks. Not gather together in groups to play sports or drink at bars.

"But mah freedumbs!!!!"

**** your freedumbs. This is a national public health crisis. Your grandparents signed up to go overseas and possibly be killed to stop fascism. Surely you can sacrifice your weekly beer league game for a while.

What a soft, selfish country we've become.
              Sorry Dumb Fok.

I will continue playing hockey every week. Last night be had a good showing 14 guys, all in one locker room, no masks. The other team had 13 guys. It was a good skate.

Speaking of Facism, Scott Gottlieb, could you come up with a more on point definition than this?

https://jordanschachtel.substack.com...source=twitter

You can exercise your freedumbs by staying home permanently. There is no need for you to leave your home, ever, think of a reason and I can come up with an easy solution.

And if you you absolutely have to leave, #TwoFaceDiapers. That's what Covid Hustler Eric Ding suggest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                Whenever I see someone saw that the virus will magically disappear after the election, I want to say "Of course it will. Because we will finally have leadership that will work hard to get it under control."
                That is not how a virus works.

But to think people actually listen to garbage like this...

Things will get better, but in all likelihood, things will get worse before they get better. This virus is sneaky and cunning and won’t give up. It has a mind of its own.

https://twitter.com/GovMikeDeWine/st...78162477023232

What a complete idiot.

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post

Good luck, I have had it on and off again since March...They don't know, if it was hiding or laying dormant: but hopefully things will change when people realize that you can be infected twice in a short amount of time: no matter how strong your "immune system"
                  I wonder how the vaccine is going to change this?

Comment

• Question for the docs here-

would you advise someone to get a flu shot if they had covid and had the limb tingling? Neurologist said it’s likely fine to get it but she also admitted she’s seen very few post covid people. My sibling has a few autoimmune diseases including celiac, which apparently has a link to guillan barre, which is what some of my symptoms mimicked at times. Given the crazy sensations and things going on in my body during covid, I don’t feel great about a flu shot that has triggered GB in people

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      Question for the docs here-

would you advise someone to get a flu shot if they had covid and had the limb tingling? Neurologist said it’s likely fine to get it but she also admitted she’s seen very few post covid people. My sibling has a few autoimmune diseases including celiac, which apparently has a link to guillan barre, which is what some of my symptoms mimicked at times. Given the crazy sensations and things going on in my body during covid, I don’t feel great about a flu shot that has triggered GB in people
                      With the strong caveats that this is not medical advice:

GBS is a collection of disorders. The one most people (including doctors) think of is something called AIDP (acute inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculopathy). There are other types and patterns but part of AIDPs diagnosis requires loss of reflexes which implies large fiber nerve involvement. Large fibers are also what is tested on an EMG. Symptoms like burning, tingling are mostly small fiber symptoms which are (essentially) not tested on an EMG. They may be associated with GBS, but are not really the only predominant symptom (except in super rare, difficult to diagnosis syndromes). There are certainly other reasons that a virus can cause small fiber irritation that is not GBS (they have less to no myelin, therefore it is difficult to have a "demyelinating" condition).

In general, even people who get GBS should get the flu shot. There is relatively convincing evidence for some strains (particularly swine flu) increase GBS risk but nothing super convincing for the yearly flu vaccination. It is listed as a risk for the yearly flu vaccine but I suspect most if not all cases are coincidental, not causative. This is a bit controversial in the medical community so you may get different opinions from different people...but the data just isn't super convincing in my opinion.

You have to remember that we are exposed to so many antigens on a daily basis (thousands). The reason you get GBS from a viral or bacterial infection is molecular mimicry. So if you can get it from the vaccine, you can most likely get it from the illness. Plus getting the illness is a much higher antigenic load than any vaccine (so if you get the flu, you are probably much more likely to get GBS).

The classic infection prior to GBS is campylobacter. Zika also clearly increases the risk. We are probably too early in the Covid days to know for sure but given the number of infections, we have not seen a clear bump in GBS cases over background (either in the literature or locally).

Hope that helps a bit.
                      In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                      I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

• Thanks ww. Really appreciate it, exactly what I was looking for - general thoughts.

Comment

• Quantifying the Incredibly Unlikely Aerosol Transmission of COVID on Airplanes

There’s a good chance you know someone who has told you, “oh yeah, I know someone who got COVID on an airplane.” That’s most likely not true. Not only is it unlikely that someone could pinpoint transmission like that in the US, but there’s also been plenty of work done showing that it’s probably not happening even remotely often. Studies on transmission via droplets show that masks are very effective at preventing transmission, but what about smaller particles allowing aerosol transmission? We have a new study which gets to that point. The chance of you getting COVID via aerosol transmission on an airplane is remarkably tiny.
                          If my covid test comes back negative maybe I'll actually fly again. If my sense of smell never returns that will open up a few more decent seat opportunities as well.

Comment

• I have been hearing that for a while now. When I flew in March they actually explained to us some reasons including how they had updated the air filtration systems in the planes and so on. Hopefully we get more evidence of this because I got places to go ;-)
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

... If my sense of smell never returns that will open up a few more decent seat opportunities as well.
                              The lack of smell/taste also presents itself a good opportunity to finally take shots of Malort with no repercussions.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

The lack of smell/taste also presents itself a good opportunity to finally take shots of Malort with no repercussions.
                                Cheater

Comment

Working...
                                X