Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
    Why is this troll even still here. The trollbot has posted in one single thread, with the clear plan of spreading outright misinformation or at best confusing and misrepresenting other information. Most forums band obvious trolls like that. It's outrageous.

Again, I ask, what if some posted started spouting racist crap? With no "report post" mechanism, would they just be free to spew their garbage, like ObviousTroll is?
    Is this ok to post? Are does it irk your narrative and is therefor a ban-able offense?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/death-t..._copyURL_share

Death Toll From Covid-19 Pandemic Extends Far Beyond Virus Victims

From Alzheimer’s disease deaths to fatal heart attacks, federal data show deaths in 2020 have exceeded those of previous years in numerous categories. Doctors and health researchers say the fatalities reflect the ways the pandemic has amplified stress and financial strain while causing many people to avoid hospitals for fear of infections.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

You guys could always just check to see if Dude Love is still around and fire up the hot girls thread. If anything will draw the moderators out, it should be that.
      Well he probably has nothing else to do...no need for a towel guy for the TV broadcasts when there are no games ;-)

Man the Hot Girls thread almost destroyed this site. The lag because of all the pictures was ridiculous...
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Why is this troll even still here. The trollbot has posted in one single thread, with the clear plan of spreading outright misinformation or at best confusing and misrepresenting other information. Most forums band obvious trolls like that. It's outrageous.

Again, I ask, what if some posted started spouting racist crap? With no "report post" mechanism, would they just be free to spew their garbage, like ObviousTroll is?
        Is this a ban-able offense? How many times in the last 6 months has the CDC flip flopped on an issue? It is really incredible. How does a reasonable person not ask questions?

CDC says it mistakenly published guidance about COVID-19 spreading through air

https://www.axios.com/cdc-guidance-c...m_content=1100

Last edited by Jeb2020; 09-21-2020, 04:35 PM.

Comment

• It is much harder to Monkey with Deaths and Hospitalization. That is why it is all about "Cases" now.

Comment

• How cute, Jebbers still doesn't understand that the "end of the pandemic" doesn't begin until we get an R0 until 1/R0 < 1.0.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

with the clear plan of spreading outright misinformation or at best confusing and misrepresenting other information. Most forums band obvious trolls like that. It's outrageous.
              Is this outright misinformation? US all causes excess mortality as been at zero percent for a month. And remember, this is all causes including all the deaths that happened to the over reactions. And the Human Rights Crimes that happened in long term care facilities.

C19 collateral medical carnage:
              27K excess Alzheimer's Dis
              16K excess hypertensive
              10K excess diabetes deaths
              Excess deaths from heart attacks
              strokes
              drug overdoses
              suicides not yet tabulated

And to think there are "experts" calling for a two month lockdown right now. How disgusting. Imagine how compromised their interests have to be to advocate for such insanity.
              Last edited by Jeb2020; 09-21-2020, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• Huh. The USPS was set to mail disposable masks to every American in April. The White House sh** on their plans and told them no.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  Huh. The USPS was set to mail disposable masks to every American in April. The White House sh** on their plans and told them no.
                  I am more surprised the White House admitted it right away than I am they actually did it. Saying that is both scary and crazy.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Sounds About Right
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• 1820...On page 161, I responded to your stupidity about your disbelief of the myocarditis issue by providing this:

"So, using your number of just football players -- 3,315 players -- times 10%, gives us a total of 331 players. Now, multiply that by 15% and we have 50 football player -- JUST football players -- that will likely have developed myocarditis. The NCAA says they had a total of over 460,000 total athletes at all levels of competition last year At 10% that's 46,000 athletes that have already contracted Covid. Times that by 18% and we now have the possibility of 8,280 athletes with myocarditis.... and that's acceptable to you and Chuck?!?! I actually would like you to answer that..."

Notice how I specifically asked you to answer my question about if you and Chuck were "ok" if 8,280 NCAA athletes may have possibly contracted myocarditis from having had Covid... Funny, if look at your actual response below, you never did provide an answer. All you did is act like a child by calling me "stupid"...

I also addressed your continuing drivel about testing by providing an example of an extremely respected, apolitical medical entity with actual expertise in the area of the virus showing you that those actual experts -- again, not the kind of experts like you and Chuck but, actual scientists -- believe that to truly control the virus we need as many as 4 million tests per day. Here, I'll leave it again...

"The Harvard Global Health Institute has suggested the country needs at least 1 million tests per day to slow the spread of the virus, and as many as 4 million per day to get ahead of the virus and stop new cases." Four million tests a day to get ahead of the virus..."

Funny, here was your logic-based, high intelligence level response;

"4 million tests per day! The only person who would advocate for such stupidity is someone who wants to be told to lockdown, shelter in place, live in a padded room, that it is ok to wet themselves, ect."

This is an extremely rich statement considering it's the same person who says this a page later in response to another respected poster.

"Lmao. First sentence, In online communities, antisocial behavior such as trolling disrupts constructive discussion.
                      This crew can’t even articulate a point let alone a constructive discussion. Anything that isn’t lock instep with your Dogma is grounds for a temper tantrum."

you're just like Trump, it's all projection with you. Deep, deep, deep, deep down inside, you know you're a fraud on this and your petty, low brow name calling are direct proof of it.

Comment

• Seriously Chuck....you are truly unbelievable. You and 1820 are the absolute height -- next to Republicans and their stance on the current SC vacancy -- of hypocrisy. You really had the audacity to say this...

"You (mostly) betas on here do understand this is how totalitarianism works, right?!?

I mean, you don't have to agree with a point that you disagree with. Push back, debate, etc.

But to meekly relegate yourselves into subservient silence ... wow, that's off the chart lame.

The lack of dignity and self-respect in the Faculty Lounge is frightening. Alinsky would be proud.Since April, I've done nothing BUT attempt to engage in legitimate debate with you."

Really Chuck? Since freaking April I've done nothing BUT attempt to engage you in legitimate debate. Yet, you have refused to engage. And, in my previous post, I clearly show that 1820 refuses to abide by his own requests as well. Typical cult Republicans, set up "rules" and expectations but, don't follow them yourselves. Especially if by not following them you perceive it gives you an advantage. In this case, it absolutely doesn't but....

Comment

• This alone would have ended Obama

“The Pentagon reportedly redirected most of its $1 billion in taxpayer funding allocated by Congress for pandemic relief to defense contractors who exchanged the money for jet engine parts, body armor, dress uniforms and other military needs.”

Comment

• How are you feeling today, DGF? Will you be getting tested soon to see if the virus is gone?

Comment

• https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...hortage-covid/

Article about N95s and the supply chain. Some interesting (shameless plug) about the manufacturing/SC issues. I wouldn't burn a free article on it, but interesting read otherwise.

This should have been the opening paragraphs:

The Department of Health and Human Services did fund the invention of a “one-of-a-kind, high-speed machine” that could make 1.5 million N95s per day. But when the design was completed in 2018, the Trump administration did not purchase it.

This year, as the virus spread from Wuhan to Washington state, HHS turned down a January offer from a manufacturer who could make millions of N95s. The agency didn’t start ordering N95s from multiple companies until March 21. Paul Mango, deputy chief of staff for policy at HHS, would later call that timeline “friggin’ light speed ... the fastest this has ever been done.”
                              The article also seems to blame IP secrecy for the shortages. Honestly, that's just naive and I don't blame the companies for not sharing the manufacturing process. They shouldn't. Instead, money should be pouring in from the government to get these new lines up and running. We've got the best people in the world at building these facilities and it's incredible to see the progress. It's astonishing to me that there are other companies out there that have these lines idling. That's a big ****ing problem and the heat the administration should be facing needs to be nuclear hot.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• I love that the new way for the Trumpers to attack people who actually have a brain is to call us "Beta Males". They think it is a clever way to call people female anatomy. They also think that being an "Alpha" means you are somehow better than everyone else.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X