Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
    There was something on MSN, I didn't read the article, but the headline was about how a good number of Covfefe cases can be traced back to eating in a restaurant.
    Yeah, there's a recent "well, duh" study going around that says that people who are hospitalized are more likely to have eaten in a restaurant than people who don't get COVID at all.

The study, to my knowledge, didn't differentiate bars from coffee shops from restaurants and didn't differentiate indoor from outdoor seating, so I didn't find it particularly valuable.
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
      DX - here's that study on the CDC site.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/7/20-0764_article

Until we get a vaccine all the way integrated into pretty much everyone (at least, enough to achieve an influenza-like herd immunity), we need to be careful.

edit: here's a couple month old article on Air Conditioners:
      https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/sto...-in-the-south/
      : D Yeah, that's where I grabbed the image from. THanks for linking the original article. Good info in there.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Yeah, there's a recent "well, duh" study going around that says that people who are hospitalized are more likely to have eaten in a restaurant than people who don't get COVID at all.

The study, to my knowledge, didn't differentiate bars from coffee shops from restaurants and didn't differentiate indoor from outdoor seating, so I didn't find it particularly valuable.
        There was an LA Times sports writer who was very confident he got it from eating outside at a restaurant. That was all I needed to know about restaurant patios. 100% anecdotal but worth repeating. Anecdotes can be somewhat useful when you're taking the cautious approach or arguing on the internet. Less useful when prescribing policy unless backed up by more rigorous research.
        Code:
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Is anyone really surprised though that Georgia is testing less? I am actually surprised they test at all these days...
          Pretty sure they've moved on to the Roundabout COVID Test.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Counterpoint to some of the info in that restaurant article:
            https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/11/20-2948_article

And an answer to the counterpoint:
            https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/11/20-3774_article

Pretty good writeups.
            Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

But the problem is, proper precautions don't really allow for sitting inside a restaurant or really anywhere. The precautions like masks and distancing apply when you can't eliminate contact. The restaurant thing is particularly crazy because no amount of social distancing is going to work indoors. This is well-documented in several journals:

A1 was the infected person and everyone in red was infected and likely A1. C1 and C2 were even "upwind" and about 10 ft away from the person. THey still got infected.
              Oh dont get me wrong, I didnt want to go to that restaurant and eat in that situation. My mom picked the place for her birthday...I usually only eat on patios.

But there was more people in my section of the restaurant than there was in the movie theater I was in. And they were a helluva lot closer. I picked seats way far away from anyone else and again wore a mask the entire time unlike in the restaurant.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

Pretty sure they've moved on to the Roundabout COVID Test.
                That is a better idea than what some states are doing :-O
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Checking in DGF - how are you feeling today?

Comment

• https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1307040205652795396

Officials at the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) attempted to silence scientists from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), emails obtained by the New York Times show.

HHS advisor Paul Alexander, who left the department this week amid a controversy involving the agency’s top communications official Michael Caputo, criticized CDC Deputy Director Anne Schuchat over an interview she did in June in which she said there is “way too much virus across the country.”

“Her aim is to embarrass the president,” Alexander wrote in a two-page critique of her interview.

Alexander later called Schuchat “duplicitous” in an email to Caputo, who took a 60-day "leave of absence” this week after he made comments attacking career CDC scientists for being anti-Trump.

He told Caputo to “remind” Schuchat that during the 2009 H1N1 swine flu outbreak thousands of Americans had died “under her work.” He also erroneously stated that “the risk of death in children 0-19 years of age is basically 0 (zero) … PERIOD … she has lied.”

According to other emails obtained by the Times, Caputo sought to discipline a CDC press officer who approved several interviews between a CDC epidemiologist and NPR after the White House moved data collection responsibilities from the CDC to HHS.

“I need to know who did it,” Caputo, a former Trump campaign aide, wrote. After not receiving a response a day later, he said: “I have not received a response to my email for 20 hours. This is unacceptable ... I need this information to properly manage department communications. If you disobey my directions, you will be held accountable.”

One CDC communications staffer asked other senior officials how to respond, saying they are “uncomfortable turning over our employee’s name to Mr. Caputo, given the hostility of the message.”
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Heartbreaking.
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• https://www.kare11.com/mobile/articl...7-d8b8ea27b23f

Whoa. Close to home. Pre-covid this was a favorite stop for lunch when I was in the south metro.

Seems steep but I’m hoping this puts an end to these insane plastic shields instead of face masks nonsense.
                        Code:

Comment

• To further the Myocarditis "epidemic" that is the newest SCARE affliction in the conversation, let's play out some numbers and see if this is close to what is represented in ACTUAL real life. Not Prescence confirmed the Myocarditis rate is absolutely 15%.

COLLEGE FOOTBALL - 3 Power Conferences
                          Big 12 = 10 teams
                          ACC = 15 teams (don’t forget South Bend CC)
                          SEC = 14 teams
                          NCAA FBS Scholarship limit = 85

Do simple Math:
                          A) 39 teams X 85 players = 3,315 total players
                          B) Myocarditis affliction Rate: 15%
                          C) EXPECTED # of AFFECTED PLAYERS: 3,315 X .15 = 497 PLAYERS???

How does this number stack up against what we ACTUALLY know? Number of KNOWN Myocarditis cases from ALL SPORTS causing an athlete to sit out or die (feel free to add any new ones to this list)

1) Eduardo Rodriguez Boston Red Sox - Age 27 - in treatment
                          2) Indiana O Lineman - Age ? - in treatment
                          3) Serbian Pro Basketball player - Age 27 - died

When gauging these 3 against ONLY the 39 college football teams above, the percentage works out to 0.09%. How do we get to 15% from here? Is this where "new" math enters the picture? :-)

Originally posted by Whalers View Post

The Big 10 had a change of heart (no pun intended) on the prevalence and severity of Myocarditis. The football season is NOW, BACK ON!

Appears that the School Presidents, AD's and the league office listened to the fear mongering and jumped to overhyped conclusions when deciding to abruptly shut down the season. First it was 30-35%, then 15% and now ??%.

How did this happen? Why do we continue to latch on to every worst case scenario related to corona? Maybe the media REALLY isn't looking at the "science"?
                          Any takers on this one?

Comment

That's absolute nonsense.

https://covidtracking.com/data/state...ospitalization

Hospitalizations are nowhere near down 44% for the last few weeks. They just aren't testing as much.

I didn't say red states. I said two very specific states, who have very vocal (and frighteningly stupid) governors.

edit: a close friend is an ER doctor in urban Atlanta. She hasn't had anything approaching a break due to COVID since March. But screw her, and her well-being, right? I mean, it's a hoax and sick people aren't coming in every single day...
                            Anything Swansong???

You mean test less, like test more per capita than any country in the world between Feb 20 - Sept 14? And in many comparisons testing hundreds more per capita than other Countries.

Is that the kind of testing less that you mean? Let me know your thoughts. How much more should we be testing?

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/f...-02-20..latest

Since every Country in the world tests less than the US. What would happen to their cases if every country tested the exact same as the US per capita?

Interesting you make a quip That's one way to make case numbers look better - test less! in regards to the Country testing the most in the World and in most scenarios by an extremely wide margin.

Nice context & you are a context guy right? Let me know if this is a post that needs some moderation?

Update: As of yesterday.

In case you missed it, another "record" was set yesterday with 986,403 new tests reported in the U.S. Almost a million tests tests tests. Remember... flu season averages about 1.5 million in an entire season. Infections, symptoms, hospitalizations and deaths are falling. TEST!

Keep up the good work.
                            Last edited by Jeb2020; 09-19-2020, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• Turns out the “we love Science” crowd doesn’t know the difference between case fatality rate and infection fatality rate. This level of misinformation is pretty astonishing for a mainstream news outlet this far into the pandemic.

Remember, don't be Kyle from CNN.

MSNBC

@MSNBC
                              215 million Americans would need to be infected with the coronavirus to reach herd immunity, a strategy Pres. Trump has said would make the virus "go away." This strategy would result in 6,385,500 deaths based on the current US fatality rate of 2.97%.

Last edited by Jeb2020; 09-19-2020, 08:52 AM.

Comment

• Watch this two-minute video to understand how the bed-wetters in government and media are needlessly scaring the hell out of people. The ginned-up hysteria ain't about saving lives, folks. It's about them grabbing power.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1293576086413103109 2 minute versioin

https://twitter.com/FatEmperor/statu...76086413103109 Full version
                                Last edited by Jeb2020; 09-19-2020, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X