Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Whalers View Post

How did this happen? Why do we continue to latch on to every worst case scenario related to corona? Maybe the media REALLY isn't looking at the "science"?
    See Kyle in the post above from CNN.

Comment

• "Today....
      6 months ago...."

Is it really that crazy to think that people might learn something over six months of study?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        All you ever wanted to know about the legal history of quarantining in America.
        Never underestimate the capacity of human beings to lock up and otherwise take away the freedom of other human beings who are deemed a threat.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Never underestimate the capacity of human beings to lock up and otherwise take away the freedom of other human beings who are deemed a threat.
          I know, right? Just because she killed all those people and sh-t! She was just exercising her god-given freedumbs!
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by sagard View Post
            "Today....
            6 months ago...."

Is it really that crazy to think that people might learn something over six months of study?
            Right, because there were zero studies about masks and transmittable viruses in the stone ages of 2019 and earlier.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I know, right? Just because she killed all those people and sh-t! She was just exercising her god-given freedumbs!
              What will be your position on forced vaccinations for Covid, something that I'm almost certain we will see, if not everywhere, then in certain locations, or more likely, employers? Will it matter who has endorsed the vaccine?
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post
                https://mobile.***********/MichaelCa...80155073355776

Kyle doesn’t understand HIT. Kyle has not even looked at other countries numbers or even the worst case projection models for the US. Kyle doesn’t know what IFR is. Don’t be like Kyle.

Kyle (CNN) - BedWetter
                There are approximately 328.2 million people in the US. To get to the low end of herd immunity, about 60% of the population must catch Covid. That's about 196,920,000 cases. The current US death rate is about 2.96%. So that's 5,836,679 deaths necessary for herd immunity.
                CNN Kyle deleted his ridiculous tweet.

The very same type of calculation has been constructed right here on this board.

This is the exact same type of info that has led so many to panic hysterically.

Comment

What will be your position on forced vaccinations for Covid, something that I'm almost certain we will see, if not everywhere, then in certain locations, or more likely, employers? Will it matter who has endorsed the vaccine?
                  I'm for it once I'm assured it's safe (and yes, I will not trust any vaccine that comes out before November 3rd). Personal freedom takes a back seat to public welfare in terms of communicable diseases. Get your farking MMR and DPT vaccines, get your annual flu shot, etc.

The greatest public health accomplishment in the history of the world was the eradication of small pox.

Comment

Are you talking about who in the scientific community has approved or recommended it, or which political group has supported it? Or both.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

Are you talking about who in the scientific community has approved or recommended it, or which political group has supported it? Or both.
                      Yeah, I wasn't really limiting it, understanding that it might be medical groups, it might be manufacturers, or politicians.

For instance, what if before 11/3 a vaccine came out (pretty unlikely it seems) but the vaccine was "endorsed" (if that would be the correct term) by say Dr. Fauci, the CDC and certain medical practitioners, but Donald Trump enthusiastically pushes it? Do you get it then? Do you endorse mandatory vaccinations?

I really don't know how I would feel about it at that point. If someone comes out with a vaccine after 11/3 and it doesn't seem politicized anymore, I don't know that I'd endorse at that time mandatory vaccinations, either. I understand they do testing, but I'd like to see it go through a much larger test run (and try to insure no unseen side effects) before I require it of people.

Comment

• These asshats should be arrested

https://thehill.com/changing-america...TQGElCxpM5NegE

Comment

Yeah, I wasn't really limiting it, understanding that it might be medical groups, it might be manufacturers, or politicians.

For instance, what if before 11/3 a vaccine came out (pretty unlikely it seems) but the vaccine was "endorsed" (if that would be the correct term) by say Dr. Fauci, the CDC and certain medical practitioners, but Donald Trump enthusiastically pushes it? Do you get it then? Do you endorse mandatory vaccinations?

I really don't know how I would feel about it at that point. If someone comes out with a vaccine after 11/3 and it doesn't seem politicized anymore, I don't know that I'd endorse at that time mandatory vaccinations, either. I understand they do testing, but I'd like to see it go through a much larger test run (and try to insure no unseen side effects) before I require it of people.
                          A lot has changed in the world of drug testing, but I understand Frances Kelsey's supervisors at FDA advocated approval of Thalidomide.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            For what?

Comment

• Why do people do this on their social medial pages? They look like complete morons.

Last edited by Jeb2020; 09-16-2020, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

I'm for it once I'm assured it's safe (and yes, I will not trust any vaccine that comes out before November 3rd). Personal freedom takes a back seat to public welfare in terms of communicable diseases. Get your farking MMR and DPT vaccines, get your annual flu shot, etc.

The greatest public health accomplishment in the history of the world was the eradication of small pox.
                                I'm curious as to your take on Jacobson v. Massachusetts and how/whether it applies to the topic at hand.

Comment

Working...
                                X