Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look, I understand it's the fantasy of most people here that we start prosecuting people for spreading Covid, or we prosecute employers who have employees who catch Covid, yada, yada, yada.

But let's say I attend a "Covid party," while infected, and attend with others who are infected. Further say that someone at that party who was not infected now shows up, a few days later, as infected. Before you throw me in prison, ask yourself this question: How do you know it was me who caused the infection?

When a college football player dies from Covid, good luck identifying, beyond a reasonable doubt, the identity of the person who infected them.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

The person that went to the wedding could have been asymptomatic and never knew. Or they could have gone to work before they developed symptoms, which can take up to 14 or so days to develop (but usually with 3-5 or so).

And DGF - be well man. I'm glad to hear you didn't wait and immediately addressed it.
      Which is why the whole " no large gatherings" thing.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Look, I understand it's the fantasy of most people here that we start prosecuting people for spreading Covid, or we prosecute employers who have employees who catch Covid, yada, yada, yada.

But let's say I attend a "Covid party," while infected, and attend with others who are infected. Further say that someone at that party who was not infected now shows up, a few days later, as infected. Before you throw me in prison, ask yourself this question: How do you know it was me who caused the infection?

When a college football player dies from Covid, good luck identifying, beyond a reasonable doubt, the identity of the person who infected them.
        Because going to "the mob killed him, but you can't prove which person threw the kick/punch/elbow/knee that was actually the killing blow" defense stands up so well.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
          Turns out she was only 17.
          there are states where the age of consent is 18?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
            You wanna-be Perry Mason types, can you stick to your purported medical "expertise", please?

The idea that you'd be able to create a direct causal link to specific people beyond a reasonable doubt would be challenging enough ... but there's this "intent" thingie, which turns your theoretical witch-hunt from "challenging" to "impossible". No self-respecting district attorney in their right mind would ever charge anyone in this scenario, and for quite obvious reasons. If a relative of yours got charged on something like this, you'd be (rightfully) irate.

Totalitarian morons.

Boy, for someone who hates the forum kindergarten, Dip**** sure comes here a lot.
            But if it's some nameless faceless people half a continent away, it's easy to create and harpoon scapegoats.
            Like Jhina?

Comment

Because going to "the mob killed him, but you can't prove which person threw the kick/punch/elbow/knee that was actually the killing blow" defense stands up so well.
              You're planning to charge the Covid party participants under RICO now? Ok, good luck.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

You're planning to charge the Covid party participants under RICO now? Ok, good luck.
                lowercase mob. As in the lynching kind, not Capone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

It's an Echo Chamber talking point that has been drilled into these rubes. I've heard it vomited back from other RWNJ. It's all they have.

The point of these lunatic narratives that Chuck and others are disgorging is not information to be debated and rebutted. It's a recruitment tool fascists use to seek others who are receptive to their real message, which is Dumpiness. By engaging you are spreading his propaganda and doing his work for him.
                  ^^^When the Flamming Facist has no idea he is a Facist. Priceless.

https://mises.org/wire/todays-antica...ism-they-think

Comment

lowercase mob. As in the lynching kind, not Capone.
                    Ok. Even so, if you have a mob of people and someone throws a brick or a punch or whatever that kills someone, using your example, aren't you going to have to prove which person threw the brick or punch to prosecute someone for murder? I suppose you could try to show some sort of felony murder case, but what's the felony in the Covid example?

Anyway, for what it's worth, here is the Minnesota statute on communicable disease transmission prosecution that I assume came about due to HIV. Seems like it would be tough to prosecute here in Minnesota under this statute.

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/cite/609.2241

Comment

• The #BedWetters are an absolute disaster. There is no other way around it.

Should we start prosecuting unhealthy people because they get sick more often and pass around viruses more than healthy people? Should there be some standard measurements of health and if you don’t fall online you pay a tax for your inconvenience to society?

Once Covid is done do we prosecute the Flu or don’t those deaths matter? Or any other transmittable disease, illness, ect.?

Team #FruitLoop #AlwaysMiserable

Comment

• Doesn't have to be murder. All or nothing with you apologists.

How about threat to society? The public health? Pprobably any number of things in the public health code they could be charged with.

Comment

• EL-OH-EL. A penalty to those who aren't healthy (non-COVID)? A standard measurement of health and you're 'taxed' if unhealthy? Jebbers! just described the state of Healthcare in general in the US, especially so if ACA is taken away or gutted.
                          Last edited by aparch; 09-16-2020, 01:11 PM.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• How ****ing stupid do you have to be to not understand that the USA Health Care System already punishes you for being unhealthy? To a large ****ing degree. You'd have to be ****ing sleepwalking through life.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                              Doesn't have to be murder. All or nothing with you apologists.

How about threat to society? The public health? Pprobably any number of things in the public health code they could be charged with.
                              I was using his example.

Again, find some statutes and examples where people are being prosecuted. I imagine if someone has it and intentionally coughs in someone's face they could be prosecuted for assault or battery, and I think there have even been some arrests in that regard. But going to a wedding and then getting prosecuted because you later were in the same room or workplace as someone who later got sick? I don't see that happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                EL-OH-EL. A penalty to those who aren't healthy (non-COVID)? A standard measurement of health and you're 'taxed' if unhealthy? Jebbers! just described the state of Healthcare in general in the US, especially so if ACA is taken away or gutted.
                                Just throwing out absurd ideas for the #FruitLoops to consider.

They are after all afraid of people breathing.

And one of the advocates for this insanity had his Wedding in the middle of it all. Of course claiming complete ignorance is a defense? How convenient. You can’t make it up.

#PlasticSheets Because #WeWetTheBed

#Oregon”Protesters”AllGrownUp
                                Last edited by Jeb2020; 09-16-2020, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X