Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
    Kepler is right. Arguing with you is like arguing with a chair, but I'm a glutton for punishment and you are demonstrably wrong, everywhere, on everything.

The Comfort was re-purposed but since it doesn't have many of the required isolation protocol procedures and infrastructure required of other hospitals (since it doesn't require JCAHO certification), it wasn't a good COVID solution, and wasn't used as such. This doesn't refute my point in any way, shape or form.
    There was no reason Cuomo couldn't have asked the Feds to expedite certifications/approvals, and the Feds would have granted it. They did that for everything else, it's not like they were withholding help. Not sure why you're covering for his incompetence? It's not like NYC is the only place in the US with nursing homes and acute care facilities, etc. ad nauseum.

You still haven't mentioned anything about the various unused field hospitals built in & around NYC.

Originally posted by Swansong View Post
    Massachusetts was hit with a double whammy in March of being next to one of the world's most traveled cities (and thus, one of the largest outbreaks). I've no idea where you live, but Boston is barely 200 miles from NYC. To think that NYC's issues wouldn't immediately spread to nearby cities is ridiculous. The second whammy was the Biogen super-spreader event that took place in March and led to a crazy number of infections. I know you won't bother to google it, but between those two factors we got hit hard right up front.
    I may live closer to Boston than you do (45 minutes), and we haven't seen any pass-along effect from either NYC or Boston that you're describing between NYC and Boston. FWIW I know two attendees from the now-infamous Biogen conference.

Originally posted by Swansong View Post
    And once again, you're factually inaccurate about MA. https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...es_totaldeaths - sixth in the country in total COVID deaths (and I'd bet that Florida, Georgia and Texas are wildly undercounting), but 3rd in deaths per 100,000. Again, if DeSantis or Kemp weren't blatantly lying about infections, deaths, testing or basically anything else COVID-related, they'd be much higher.

State unemployment is obviously high in states that are doing the right thing and closing things down. I mean, duh? Unfortunately, doing the right thing has consequences.
    So I'm right that MA is Top Three on per capita deaths, very close on total deaths, and correct by all measures that MA has done worse than FL. Oh, and I'm right about the unemployment thingie, too.

Your main disconnect seems to be that you assume "doing the right thing" means closing things down forever, and with all due respect, I think that's been debunked. Besides, that's an opinion, NOT a fact.

I'd hope you have enough pride to operate outside of Chairman Kep's directives, but that's your call ...
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• It isn't about certifications, it's about infrastructure. Isolation doesn't care if you have a piece of paper, it requires actual physical things that said ships do not posses in numbers enough to be helpful. JCAHO could approve all they want and that wouldn't spontaneously materialize negative pressure rooms or segregate HVAC sections of a ship.

Boston was hit because it's a city. Cow Hampshire has a very low population density. And what does a virulently contagious disease like COVID love more than high population density? Stupid people like you.

I mean, I'm mystified by anyone with an IQ over 63 that can look at this situation and earnestly think this is nonsense, which means you're either dumb enough to qualify for SSDI or you're just being disingenuous.

Per capita deaths are important but when a chunk of the country is demonstrably lying, unfortunately it's not a good indicator anymore. And again, no **** that when you appropriately close a state down that unemployment goes up. In other news, rain comes from the sky!

My main disconnect is nothing of the sort.
      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• http://citypages.com/news/minnesota-...Ol7NKCrC8PXNeo

So The MNGOP, in a session devoted to trying to take away Tim Walz's COVID powers decides they would rather turn the session into a "Minneapolis is a hellhole where you couuld die!!" session. Why you ask?

“A friendly, [sic] reminder (as discussed in caucus) to stay on message IF you speak today,” it read. “COVID issues are not our winning message. PUBLIC SAFETY is our ticket to the majority, let’s win with that.”
        Seems like a solid plan...except the minority leader sent it to the Dems instead of the GOP.

It cannot be stated enough how friggin stupid the MNGOP is...and the people who support it are certifiable.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• For those with functioning brains:

https://www.boston.com/news/coronavi...-maine-wedding
          A 5th death has been linked to that wedding in Maine. A single wedding, and now 5 people who weren't even there are dead because of it.
          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Just heard. Germany has just announced three more cases( no idea what the total is) traced to a bar in the alpine regions frequented by an American woman suspected of ignoring quarantine.

I'm surprised any country would allow Americans inside its borders at this point.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• There goes any chance of a honeymoon in the next year....
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Oh we will be fine...Herd Mentality will save us!

(yeah he said that tonight)
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post

This. Very much missed in the hysterical headlines.
                  Well if you have logic or measured thought it doesn't sell

Comment

• Better Homes and Gardens ad on FB touting recipes for the crowds that come over to watch Ftb. Tone deaf?

Comment

• Spent six hours in the ER today for covid.

anyone who thinks this is a joke can lick my covid filled balls

also I’m not obese and I don’t have other conditions so the trolls can eff off
                      Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 09-15-2020, 10:36 PM.

Comment

• Jfc

Are you back home now? Hopefully this is the worst.
                        Code:
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• I’m home. Had tingling sensations down left leg and fear was clots. I’m all clear but docs think covid is attacking my nerves

Comment

• Ugh. I’m sorry. This thing is a microscopic hydra. Humanity will look back in 100 years and view the response in abject horror. Hell, maybe 200 years.
                            Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              I’m home. Had tingling sensations down left leg and fear was clots. I’m all clear but docs think covid is attacking my nerves
                              So sorry to hear about this. Hoping for a speedy recovery for you.

Comment

• To further the Myocarditis "epidemic" that is the newest SCARE affliction in the conversation, let's play out some numbers and see if this is close to what is represented in ACTUAL real life. Not Prescence confirmed the Myocarditis rate is absolutely 15%.

COLLEGE FOOTBALL - 3 Power Conferences
                                Big 12 = 10 teams
                                ACC = 15 teams (don’t forget South Bend CC)
                                SEC = 14 teams
                                NCAA FBS Scholarship limit = 85

Do simple Math:
                                A) 39 teams X 85 players = 3,315 total players
                                B) Myocarditis affliction Rate: 15%
                                C) EXPECTED # of AFFECTED PLAYERS: 3,315 X .15 = 497 PLAYERS???

How does this number stack up against what we ACTUALLY know? Number of KNOWN Myocarditis cases from ALL SPORTS causing an athlete to sit out or die (feel free to add any new ones to this list)

1) Eduardo Rodriguez Boston Red Sox - Age 27 - in treatment
                                2) Indiana O Lineman - Age ? - in treatment
                                3) Serbian Pro Basketball player - Age 27 - died

When gauging these 3 against ONLY the 39 college football teams above, the percentage works out to 0.09%. How do we get to 15% from here? Is this where "new" math enters the picture? :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X