Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see the certifiably insane is still in denial. That's a serious amount of Kool-Aid.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
      To be fair, my knowledge of microbiology testing comes second hand from my father (he's a compliance officer at a private testing lab) and my own research when I was managing lab orders and their interface with Quest. I talked to our hospitals lab director about it one day (she was impressed that a systems analyst was so curious), specifically PCR vs. serology tests and what's the difference between IgG and IgA and IgWhatever. I admit it's barely above high school micro level understanding, but I'd wager that's far higher than trollbot's understanding is.
      Good post! Taking the time to respond but sticking with the quips, got it.

There are no points here to have a discussion around?

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        I see the certifiably insane is still in denial. That's a serious amount of Kool-Aid.
        Good post! You strung two sentences together. Maybe next time you will get a thought in there?

Comment

• Even Captain Kool-Aid (Dump) is on tape admitting this virus is deadly and easily spread. But, let's all just complain about some **** about false positives.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• When you've got absolutely no legitimate reason to question the facts at hand, it's best to cling to something utterly irrelevant in the scheme of things and bludgeon that one tiny fact to death, without offering any context whatsoever.

It's the anti-vax playbook. It doesn't matter what "common side effects include" actually means in a clinical sense when you can just say "ReAd TeH INsErt!"
            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Sad thing is she thinks that helps her case.
              delusional just like Jebbers and crew.
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

Sad thing is she thinks that helps her case.
                delusional just like Jebbers and crew.
                That's all the con moms I work with. Right down to the look.

All she's missing is a crucifix.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Can’t imagine why this is spreading around Minneapolis...

http://www.citypages.com/music/jesus...A68CdOduMnBPhM

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    Can’t imagine why this is spreading around Minneapolis...

http://www.citypages.com/music/jesus...A68CdOduMnBPhM
                    Man, that crowd.

The GOP is everybody none of us would have said yes to a date with in high school only now they're 40, angry, and even more overweight.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

When you've got absolutely no legitimate reason to question the facts at hand, it's best to cling to something utterly irrelevant in the scheme of things and bludgeon that one tiny fact to death, without offering any context whatsoever.

It's the anti-vax playbook. It doesn't matter what "common side effects include" actually means in a clinical sense when you can just say "ReAd TeH INsErt!"
                      So hospitalizations are down, ICU is down and deaths are down and the only thing being harped in the media is "cases." Wouldn't context mean discussing what "cases" means and the application which they are being derived from?

And if different Countries are using different Cycle Thresholds wouldn't that lead to different types of data about "Cases."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Man, that crowd.

The GOP is everybody none of us would have said yes to a date with in high school only now they're 40, angry, and even more overweight.
                        Must have been 1000 people there. For who?

I saw Johnny Marr last summer, and there were fewer people there. Proving once and again that the heartland is pure whitebread.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Also, one note on Cuomo (and other governor's) move to "sent COVID patients back to die at nursing homes! He killed people!".

There was an issue early on where post-acute care facilities - SNFs, rehab hospitals, hospice homes, etc. - were refusing any new patients. Hospitals were at the breaking point and needed the beds, and there was a large amount of patients who no longer needed acute care but couldn't be discharged to their homes. In normal times, these patients are discharged to those same post-acute care facilities. First, acute care isn't needed anymore. Second, Medicare and every single private payor in the country would stop paying for acute care when it isn't needed (there's an insane labyrinth of "utilization review" that determines whether a payor will actually cover a hospital stay). With those other facilities refusing to take patients, what were we to do?

I do not care for Cuomo. I think he's done a passable job with COVID, but he was in a no-win situation here. Existing laws require all care facilities to take necessary precautions for infectious patients. Some never have them - short-term rehab hospitals, for example, might not have the infrastructure for a true isolation setup - but most are required to maintain iso protocols. Cuomo was mainly reminding them of this, and preventing them from refusing patients they'd otherwise take if they had other infectious diseases.

It is pathetic and sad that many of these facilities either did absolutely nothing or, in some horrific cases, mixed COVID patients with non-COVID patients (see the VA hospital in Holyoke, MA. Seriously, people should be put in prison for that), but what was Cuomo to do?

Again, this is a red herring ginned up by dishonest people, counting on the masses not knowing the ins and outs of out healthcare system.

But... but... PCR! Sensitivity! Something about sero-something!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post

So hospitalizations are down, ICU is down and deaths are down and the only thing being harped in the media is "cases." Wouldn't context mean discussing what "cases" means and the application which they are being derived from?

And if different Countries are using different Cycle Thresholds wouldn't that lead to different types of data about "Cases."
                            We jumped out of the plane and slowed down to a safe rate of decent! Guess I don't need this parachute anymore...

Comment

We jumped out of the plane and slowed down to a safe rate of decent! Guess I don't need this parachute anymore...
                              Good response. You are proving, post after post that you feel the need to respond but can't answer with any sort of reasonable thought. I wonder what you are afraid of?

Any how, look at that 5:30 pm, lock in for the national news and get your "Cases" update. With so much context of course.

Comment

• It is truly unfortunate that we have zero moderation here.

Comment

Working...
                                X