Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
    Awwww how cute. Someone doesn't know what plateau means.
    Plateauing! #StayHysterical

COVID inpatients in FL below 3,000. Now down nearly 70% from peak

Comment

• You just keep proving my point.

And the Merriam Webster definition as well.

Also, what's with your obsession with Florida?
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Testing numbers are irrelevant now anyways. Germany doesn’t need to test as much any more because they don’t have as many cases. It’s kind of paradoxical. You need to test to find cases, until you don’t. Germany flattened the curve but it’s back to creeping up ever so slowly. Their testing went down, but now is creeping back up in kind.

So sure, we may have had more tests per capita than Germany, but they haven’t needed to because they don’t have a bunch of irresponsible children.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
          You just keep proving my point.

And the Merriam Webster definition as well.

Also, what's with your obsession with Florida?
          Wait you for shooting for articulating a point?

Webster

: a region of little or no change in a graphic representation

: a relatively stable level, period, or condition

You got it, a plateau it is. You must be one of those 2 + 2 = 5 guys.

FL Obsession: FL was the theme for team #ChildAttentionSpan last month when the media was shoving misleading info down their throat.

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          Wait, wait, so, merely weeks ago Jebbers! was telling us that the numbers from Florida were inflated by including cases/deaths from much earlier to make Covid worse than it was.

Did you already forget your strange post trying for a gotcha? Stuffy in the Ma's Basement #StayingSafe? Get some fresh are, take off the face diaper you will be alright.

Comment

• I'm sure our testing has gone down as well, lately.

Not for the same reasons though. Donnie doesn't like testing. You test, you find cases of Covfefe.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Someone else said it better than I could:

”Steve Martin is a human antidepressant”
              https://twitter.com/stevemartintogo/...609525760?s=21

also, I would buy a full length album of him just playing the banjo out in the woods like this:
              https://twitter.com/stevemartintogo/...309129730?s=21

https://twitter.com/stevemartintogo/...293929985?s=21
              https://twitter.com/stevemartintogo/...238272000?s=21
              https://twitter.com/stevemartintogo/...125297152?s=21
              and my favorite of the lot:
              https://twitter.com/stevemartintogo/...579856896?s=21
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• The best is not seeing what is being responded too cause the conversation actually makes more sense...though it is kind of weird assuming I am the one Jebbers is upset with even though I never mentioned him ;-)
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• We're still in denial, ay?
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• 415k by New Year's Day.

F-ck the GOP and f-ck "conservative" voters.

Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post
                      You guys are the exact reason your Board Leader Kepler doesn't want you engaging.
                      Ain't that the truth? Can't help but recall this scene, with the Thought Leader hitching a ride ...

Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        We're still in denial, ay?
                        This is rich coming from the guy that thinks the Country is in the same spot today as we were in March/April.

The guy that is afraid of healthy people breathing.

#AdultChild

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          415k by New Year's Day.

F-ck the GOP and f-ck "conservative" voters.

The follow up tweet is all that should be needed to show people what needs to be done:

https://twitter.com/passantino/statu...95989907398657

This is just the “most likely” scenario but there’s a huge spread in outcomes. "If a herd immunity strategy is pursued.. then the death toll could increase to 611,784” vs "Increasing mask use to the levels seen in Singapore would decrease the cumulative US death toll to 298,589"
                          It should be noted though that there are other models that arent as bad. The IHME is one data point. I think all of them though are expecting a surge of some kind...
                          Last edited by Handyman; 09-12-2020, 05:47 PM.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Hey at least we know we can trust the CDC is giving us the real numbers and information in spite of the Moron on Chief...

Ummm....

The health department’s politically appointed communications aides have demanded the right to review and seek changes to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s weekly scientific reports charting the progress of the coronavirus pandemic, in what officials characterized as an attempt to intimidate the reports’ authors and water down their communications to health professionals.

In some cases, emails from communications aides to CDC Director Robert Redfield and other senior officials openly complained that the agency’s reports would undermine President Donald Trump's optimistic messages about the outbreak, according to emails reviewed by POLITICO and three people familiar with the situation.

CDC officials have fought back against the most sweeping changes, but have increasingly agreed to allow the political officials to review the reports and, in a few cases, compromised on the wording, according to three people familiar with the exchanges. The communications aides’ efforts to change the language in the CDC’s reports have been constant across the summer and continued as recently as Friday afternoon.

The CDC's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Reports are authored by career scientists and serve as the main vehicle for the agency to inform doctors, researchers and the general public about how Covid-19 is spreading and who is at risk. Such reports have historically been published with little fanfare and no political interference, said several longtime health department officials, and have been viewed as a cornerstone of the nation's public health work for decades.

But since Michael Caputo, a former Trump campaign official with no medical or scientific background, was installed in April as the Health and Human Services department's new spokesperson, there have been substantial efforts to align the reports with Trump's statements, including the president's claims that fears about the outbreak are overstated, or stop the reports altogether.
                            Caputo's team also has tried to halt the release of some CDC reports, including delaying a report that addressed how doctors were prescribing hydroxychloroquine, the malaria drug favored by Trump as a coronavirus treatment despite scant evidence. The report, which was held for about a month after Caputo’s team raised questions about its authors’ political leanings, was finally published last week. It said that "the potential benefits of these drugs do not outweigh their risks."
                            In one clash, an aide to Caputo berated CDC scientists for attempting to use the reports to "hurt the President" in an Aug. 8 email sent to CDC Director Robert Redfield and other officials that was widely circulated inside the department and obtained by POLITICO.

"CDC to me appears to be writing hit pieces on the administration," appointee Paul Alexander wrote, calling on Redfield to modify two already published reports that Alexander claimed wrongly inflated the risks of coronavirus to children and undermined Trump's push to reopen schools. "CDC tried to report as if once kids get together, there will be spread and this will impact school re-opening . . . Very misleading by CDC and shame on them. Their aim is clear."
                            Last edited by Handyman; 09-12-2020, 06:06 PM.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Oh my God Jebbers, you keep proving my point!

"a region of little or no change in a graphic representation."

And then you post a picture explaining it.

Oh my God. Thanks for the laughs. Now if you'll excuse me. I'm going to go enjoy a night out. And wear a mask.

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Chuck the U.S. is presently 11th in the world for Deaths / 1 M population and in competition with such illustrious countries as Andorra, Chile, Bolivia, Ecuador, Peru and Brazil. You're right though - the U.S. is literally killing it.

Comment

Working...
                                X