Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
    No, it's absolutely not the 4th such outbreak in a century. There's so much wrong with that article it's frightening, but I guess that's what I should expect from that rag. Second, when you bold that much it just looks like a ransom note. Stop it.

You are comparing death counts from COVID (which is far from over and has had far more of a response/reaction than any this dishonest article mention), which is only 6 months old in the US, to pandemic that lasted a couple of years. And we already have more deaths from COVID than any of them, even accounting for the significant undercounting issues.

Also, saying that no health maintenance took place in this time is a total fabrication. How do I know? Because I work in in healthcare. I've been managing the system our outpatient practices use. I talk to our clinical staff every day. I implemented telemedicine, allowing doctors to see their patients, allowing us to go fully remote for the first time in history so that those very same health maintenance issues could be treated. Yes, elective procedures were delayed, but counseling, cancer treatment and many other outpatient treatment absolutely happened. I have no idea what "heart attack treatments" means, but I'd wager that neither does the articles author. In fact, when I discussed getting our oncology departments set up with telemedicine, our chief oncologist said yes however they were still seeing patients in clinic, with precautions, and so long as safety was maintained she saw no reason to stop.

Calling Alex Berensen anything other than an anti-science zealot further disqualifies your thesis.

Do better. This article is nonsense.
    Why don't you share better info then? And under-counting? bah. People are being coded covid that had a positive test as many as 90 days prior to their death. How many people had a positive PCR test with a CT as high as 40 and were coded covid?

Do better yourself.

Its funny you take such issue with the information that was just presented. But not a peep when a Fascist like Andy Slavitt is repeatedly quoted on this board.

Here you go.

Lockdowns and Mask Mandates Do Not Lead to Reduced COVID Transmission Rates or Deaths, New Study Suggests

https://www.aier.org/article/lockdow...tudy-suggests/
    Last edited by Jeb2020; 09-04-2020, 02:49 PM.

Comment

No, it's absolutely not the 4th such outbreak in a century. There's so much wrong with that article it's frightening, but I guess that's what I should expect from that rag. Second, when you bold that much it just looks like a ransom note. Stop it.

You are comparing death counts from COVID (which is far from over and has had far more of a response/reaction than any this dishonest article mention), which is only 6 months old in the US, to pandemic that lasted a couple of years. And we already have more deaths from COVID than any of them, even accounting for the significant undercounting issues.

Also, saying that no health maintenance took place in this time is a total fabrication. How do I know? Because I work in in healthcare. I've been managing the system our outpatient practices use. I talk to our clinical staff every day. I implemented telemedicine, allowing doctors to see their patients, allowing us to go fully remote for the first time in history so that those very same health maintenance issues could be treated. Yes, elective procedures were delayed, but counseling, cancer treatment and many other outpatient treatment absolutely happened. I have no idea what "heart attack treatments" means, but I'd wager that neither does the articles author. In fact, when I discussed getting our oncology departments set up with telemedicine, our chief oncologist said yes however they were still seeing patients in clinic, with precautions, and so long as safety was maintained she saw no reason to stop.

Calling Alex Berensen anything other than an anti-science zealot further disqualifies your thesis.

Thank you and WW and the other doctors for injecting some subject matter expertise into this discussion. One of the most troubling and dangerous aspects of the right is their ranting "my opinion equals your facts."
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• 1820 and Chuck.....No answer to my question eh? No response to my points about why masks aren't working and the fact that deaths and hospitalizations aren't the only significant way to measure how serious this virus is. Shocking....

Comment

Yes, elective procedures were delayed, but counseling, cancer treatment and many other outpatient treatment absolutely happened. I have no idea what "heart attack treatments" means, but I'd wager that neither does the articles author. In fact, when I discussed getting our oncology departments set up with telemedicine, our chief oncologist said yes however they were still seeing patients in clinic, with precautions, and so long as safety was maintained she saw no reason to stop.

Issues with healthcare maintenance are well documented. To say that it is total fabrication is ignorance on your part. There were certainly issues to which we don't know the full magnitude to. And there is a good chance there will be continued consequences given the trends we are already seeing.

Cancer deaths are now skyrocketing above normal levels. These deaths are a direct result of the lockdowns. This is a human rights crime. People who could have been treated were denied care, because our government's hysteria. Source: CDC Weekly Deaths by Cause

Let me guess this will be another post that you don't have an adequate response to therefor requesting that I be banned.

Comment

• The Bear is the cause of death.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• 1820....The article you linked to is in an economics magazine for Christ's sake. It's also rated pretty right of center -- shocking. And yes, I actually read the article. Sorry, not buying their premise. Please explain the significant successes of other countries that have mandated lockdowns and masks. Again, to be clear, if only 60% of the population is abiding by the mandates because the leader of the country tells the it's not a big deal if they don't follow them, then yeah, those mandates won't be nearly as effective.

Comment

• Originally posted by net presence View Post
                1820....The article you linked to is in an economics magazine for Christ's sake. It's also rated pretty right of center -- shocking. And yes, I actually read the article. Sorry, not buying their premise. Please explain the significant successes of other countries that have mandated lockdowns and masks. Again, to be clear, if only 60% of the population is abiding by the mandates because the leader of the country tells the it's not a big deal if they don't follow them, then yeah, those mandates won't be nearly as effective.
                "Not buying their premise," well by all means, that settles that. Way to articulate your point.

And why is it that your first form of debate is to attack the source? As if you are positioned to determine who is the appropriate authority and who is not. Your position is weak. You would be better off share which point you disagree with and why.

"please explain the significant successes of other countries" Could you be less vag? Which countries are you referring to?

I've already shared Peru's lockdown "success" and they had the strictest full on military lockdown and share a boarder with an Ocean. I've shown comparisons of States with strict mandates against those with few, yet the results and curves are similar. You can do the same all across Europe.
                Last edited by Jeb2020; 09-04-2020, 07:30 PM.

Comment

• Seriously...what the hell happened to any moderation on here. We may as well be allowed to moderate ourselves if they'll do nothing.
                  "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                  Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                  Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Well Priceless has said he is no longer "board".
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                      Seriously...what the hell happened to any moderation on here. We may as well be allowed to moderate ourselves if they'll do nothing.

Comment

• This is actually a really good question.

Serious question: Why does Dr. Anthony Fauci, a division-level bureaucrat whose day job includes the word "allergy," think his brief now includes redesigning all of human society? And how monstrous must his ego have become for him to be willing to say so publicly?

https://***********/AlexBerenson/sta...75946182963200

Comment

This is a great post.

the ransom line was fantastic
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

No, it's absolutely not the 4th such outbreak in a century. There's so much wrong with that article it's frightening, but I guess that's what I should expect from that rag.
                            (1) Spanish Flu (H1N1; 1918-1920) - 500 million infected, 17-50(!) million deaths worldwide
                            (2) Asian Flu (H2N2; 1956-1958) - 150 million infected, 1 million deaths worldwide
                            (3) Hong Kong Flu (H3N2; 1968-1969) - 100 million infected, 1+ million deaths worldwide
                            (4) Wuhan Flu/COVID-19 (H1N1; 2019-2020) - 27 million infected, 850,000 deaths worldwide

So yeah, that's four (4) similar outbreaks in a century. Did you experience the last one? I did.

Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                            Second, when you bold that much it just looks like a ransom note. Stop it.
                            It's funny, I used to think the whole "safe spaces" thing to describe sensitive sorts was overdone.

Emphasis on "used to". But in deference to your sensitivity, no bolding this time.

You gonna be OK, sunshine??
                            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              The Bear is the cause of death.
                              This may have been amusing once?? But as we all know, inside jokes just get better with repetition.

At least the guy with the Pretty Pony clip art was original. and could change things up ...

Comment

• Originally posted by net presence View Post
                                1820 and Chuck.....No answer to my question eh? No response to my points about why masks aren't working and the fact that deaths and hospitalizations aren't the only significant way to measure how serious this virus is. Shocking....
                                Y'know ... it's cute but kinda sad sometimes, when the ones who think they're the center of universe, get this weird idea that they're deserving of the attention of the adults in the room. They're not clever enough to get the unspoken message, so they keep kicking and screaming for attention, and it just never seems to come. Heartbreaking that even his pals won't clue him in ... unless of course he has no real pals ... that would be even sadder ...

Last edited by Chuck Murray; 09-05-2020, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X