Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good lord. Again, lumping me in with reflexive lefties is ludicrous. I hold Pelosi in extremely low esteem, and this was another example of "rules are for me and not for thee" that I expect out of our ruling class.

However, she can make a stupid call, masks can be absolutely necessary, the salon owner can have set her up, and all of that can be true at the same time.
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Whalers View Post
      cutting the dishonest nonsense

I'm Outey![/FONT]
      Bye!

Comment

• The Bear is the cause of death.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Please do not quote the derp. While well-meaning it spreads it, like trying to clean up sh-t but smearing it over a larger area.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I should have added Whalers to ignore a while ago. Now I cant...

I do enjoy now that they dont even pretend to not be Jeb or Flaggy. Even change the stupid font in similar ways...
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I thought an unforced error is Jeb's mom not making it to the clinic before it closed and having to carry him to term?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Well this isn't good:
                https://www.centredaily.com/sports/c...245448050.html
                New data helps illustrate what Big Ten Commissioner Kevin Warren might have meant when he described “too much medical uncertainty and too many unknown health risks” as reasons for postponing the Big Ten’s 2020-21 fall sports season.

During a State College Area school board of directors meeting on Monday night, Wayne Sebastianelli — Penn State’s director of athletic medicine — made some alarming comments about the link between COVID-19 and myocarditis, particularly in Big Ten athletes. Sebastianelli said that cardiac MRI scans revealed that approximately a third of Big Ten athletes who tested positive for COVID-19 appeared to have myocarditis, an inflammation of the heart muscle that can be fatal if left unchecked.

“When we looked at our COVID-positive athletes, whether they were symptomatic or not, 30 to roughly 35 percent of their heart muscles (are) inflamed,” Sebastianelli said. “And we really just don’t know what to do with it right now. It’s still very early in the infection. Some of that has led to the Pac-12 and the Big Ten’s decision to sort of put a hiatus on what’s happening.”
                These are young and healthy athletes. Day by day, the "only the sick and the old need to worry about this" canard is shown to be more and more factually inaccurate in addition to being morally repugnant.

Comment

• https://sports.yahoo.com/big-ten-cov...164111708.html
                  Penn State's director of athletic medicine relayed the data in a meeting with the school board this week.

More info. I'm sure it's nothing.
                  "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                  Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                  Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

Yeah, I'm about as pro-vaccine as it gets, but there is no way I'm going to be first in line for one that gets pushed through via political pressure to help re-election chances.
                    ^^^this.
                    I have been around long enough to see stuff they pushed thru and had to recall. I want a legitimate vaccine. CUrrently I have some real misgivings re the Gov't med agencies and until we have real medical leaders heading them I am not going to be in any rush. I may try to figure out how to get to Canada when they start to offer....

Comment

• C'mon, Swansong, are the sick really worth saving anyways?
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        C'mon, Swansong, are the sick really worth saving anyways?
                        I'm really trying to avoid politics in all of this, but it's really something to me that what once was the party of morality has utterly abandoned that. Remember when the right lectured us endlessly about Janet Jackson's boob? Now we have a 9/11-number of deaths every 2-3 days and we get whining about their right not to wear a mask.
                        Last edited by Swansong; 09-03-2020, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whalers View Post

I'm Outey!

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                            https://sports.yahoo.com/big-ten-cov...164111708.html
                            Penn State's director of athletic medicine relayed the data in a meeting with the school board this week.

More info. I'm sure it's nothing.
                            This info is not new (it has been being presented to conferences for at least the last 3 weeks that I know of, probably longer) but I think it is clear they were hoping it wouldn't get out. One of the conferences went forward against medical advice. When are the athletes going to figure out they are the only ones interested in protecting them self?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
                              I hope people are ready to respond to the coming herd immunity push. It might not be an obvious policy statement but rather a quiet shift to letting the virus run its course.

You tell me that a percentage of elderly family members are going to be killed deliberately, then you better be prepared for the ****storm I and many others will be responding with. Swift, ugly, and unforgiving. Social rules will not apply at that point.
                              But if they die, it's their and your fault for not protecting them better. Don't you know there's a killer virus being allowed to run rampant out there?
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                I guess I never saw the point to even fighting over it. She made a dumb call...that doesnt somehow prove the lies the Right has been selling since February. It is a cute little gotcha but it just shows the Right has no actual arguments and has to stroke themselves to anything they can.

Honestly she should have just said the whole situation was a hoax and said it was fake news just for the lulz.
                                You have to love how this is a major story, one lady doesn't wear a mask while visiting a salon is going to spread the virus like wildfire, brought to you by the same people who are pushing hard to open all schools to in person learning, all sports to resume, and herd immunity to be the major weapon against this disease.

The cognitive dissonance is just off the charts.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X