Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

I'm not a doctor (but I work with them as a systems analyst - and yes play one on tv), but I think you may be somewhat misreading what he said. In most cases there is no autopsy, and the attending/PCP/whomever determines cause of death.
    No, I understood that it was the attending physician (probably) who in most cases is determining cause of death. I was really more curious about how much flexibility they had in factoring in Covid, and what went into making the decision, which WW seemed to answer quite well.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• How often is anyone catching something from Kirk cousins?

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota...covid-19-masks

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        How often is anyone catching something from Kirk cousins?

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota...covid-19-masks
        Well, if he's masking up and acknowledging the respect for others idea then I guess that's fine. But jesus, what a moron.
        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Well, if he's masking up and acknowledging the respect for others idea then I guess that's fine. But jesus, what a moron.
          Athletes are windows into the cognitive limits of everyday people. They're of average intellect, whereas many people in the public eye at least have some basic level of intelligence to achieve their notoriety. Most politicians at least went to school (athletes do too, but most never crack a book), even though it may have been some barely sentient Christian school. Most business people at least had some sort of native predatory wiliness to separate them from the pack.

The public people who are selected on a pure meritocratic standard for skills that have zero with do with intelligence are athletes, models, and actors, so that's why they seem so rock stupid. They are average.
          Last edited by Kepler; 09-02-2020, 10:01 AM.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Athletes are windows into the cognitive limits of everyday people. They're of average intellect, whereas many people in the public eye at least have some basic level of intelligence to achieve their notoriety. Most politicians at least went to school (athletes do too, but most never crack a book),
            Careful. I've heard that insulting athletes or making jokes about their educational efforts is not allowed.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

What part of his comment do you think was the most moronic?

The morons are the people that make a big deal out of what one single person says or thinks. On par with the morons who make a big deal out of one single "case" (which most likely isn't even an infection).

a.) did his own risk assessment (which is spot on)
              b.) chooses to live his life
              c.) accepts the consequences (which I am not sure there really are any additional for him because he didn't paint a picture where he is taking on reckless risk.)
              d.) is respectful and accommodating to others’ concerns.

Keep that nasty face diaper plastered to your face folks! Wouldn't want to test positive on that PCR test now with no symptoms, no infection and probably not even the entire sars-cov-2 virus.
              Last edited by Jeb2020; 09-02-2020, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• Can't help but think of the folks here in the Faculty Lounge when I saw this one ...

https://babylonbee.com/news/gavin-ne...-is-eradicated

SACRAMENTO, CA—Governor Gavin Newsom has released new guidelines for California's counties looking to reopen their businesses, saying that counties may only begin to lift their lockdowns once a cure for death itself has been found.

"Once we have beaten the last enemy, death itself, we can slowly begin to reopen over a 40-year period," Newsom said at a press conference Tuesday. "Counties that report even one death for any reason will be forced to keep closures in place indefinitely, until we have answered the eternal question of how to reverse aging and ensure no one can die ever."

"We can't be too careful -- we must all cower in fear until death has been conquered."

Newsom says acceptable markers for counties to slowly begin reopening would include discovering a mythical fountain of youth, inventing an immortality serum, or collecting all the Infinity stones to bend reality itself in order to end death itself.

At publishing time, Newsom had clarified that, of course, his own winery would remain open regardless.

Last edited by Chuck Murray; 09-03-2020, 08:32 AM.
                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                  Can't help but think of the folks here in the Faculty Lounge when I saw this one ...

Why, Chuck, I believe you have a chip on your shoulder.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

Why, Chuck, I believe you have a chip on your shoulder.
                    Thoughts on the PCR test and its current application?

Comment

• Babylon Bee. JFC, conservatives simply cannot do humor. It's like watching elementary school bullies try to craft bon mots.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                        Can't help but think of the folks here in the Faculty Lounge when I saw this one ...

Somebody's obsessed.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Aww, someone's still a whiny little ***** about the thread being moved from the DI forum...

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Awwwe

”A Minnesota biker who attended the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally has died of covid-19 —- the first fatality from the virus traced to the 10-day event that drew more than 400,000 to South Dakota.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              Awwwe

”A Minnesota biker who attended the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally has died of covid-19 —- the first fatality from the virus traced to the 10-day event that drew more than 400,000 to South Dakota.”
                              I'm sure he died of something else. Better clear it with Jeb and Chuck first.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Careful. I've heard that insulting athletes or making jokes about their educational efforts is not allowed.
                                Because your BS was blatantly racist and Kep’s BS is blatantly elitist and subtly racist.

”Intelligence” is relative to the subject at hand, a lawyer is not a doctor, a doctor is not a mechanic, a mechanic is not a general. Actors, athletes, and yes even models have an intelligence on their relevant subjects that most of us would not understand, reading defenses, expressing realistic emotions, using your body to elicit a specific response from others etc.

If you ever wonder why wealth inequality is such huge problem in this world it’s because of attitudes of people like yourself and Kepler. Just because it doesn’t involve cracking open a book or applying a mathematical formula doesn’t mean it’s not “intelligent”.
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X