Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Well a couple of the media that were there said they werent even screened or tested...dont know if that changed.
    This administration's approach to everything about governing. Don't really want to bother with actually doing the work.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Two RNC convention staff, and two attendees test positive for the Covfefe.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Well a couple of the media that were there said they werent even screened or tested...dont know if that changed.
        LOL. Wow. Stupid kills.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• My wife just heard a school district near Les(not sure exactly what town she’s in) went back Wednesday and they’ve already had someone test positive. They’ve now shut it completely down and are going online. How can people expect anything else?
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            I heard there was a super spreader event at the White House last night. No masks. No distance. All fun.
            Figured I'd check in on my amigos in the faculty lounge for any signs of life after last night.

Nope. Just the same bunch of virtue-signaling Karens, tut-tutting disgust with normalcy.

Just in case you didn't make it to the end last night, the fireworks were sensational ...

Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

I attempted to watch but didn't last long. That really irked me. Hundreds of people, all close together, nary a mask to be seen. I know it's outdoors so the risk is substantially less, but ...

These are people that fundamentally don't think COVID is a real issue and are simply acting accordingly. And it's costing lives.
              Why does this irk you? I thought this would be a corona basement dweller's wet dream! All those prominent Repub's without masks and corona lurking around every new flowering plant that Melania spent all your tax dollars on. Wouldn't this work out in your favor if this turned into a Corona party?

See, that is the difference between most Repubs being leave you alone optimists and typical you better not think or act for yourself Dem Eyeore's, think on the bright side. Or just listen to the birds chirping in your, or Jim Crow Joe's, basement to lighten the mood.

Pucker up buttercup!

Comment

• I see Jebs alter ego is back. Hey Whalers you were funnier when you were Flaggy. Now go mow my lawn I am not paying you to post on here and talk to yourself!
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Cases due to pieces of **** who went to sturgis rising in Minnesota

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/s...25318881681409

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    My wife just heard a school district near Les(not sure exactly what town she’s in) went back Wednesday and they’ve already had someone test positive. They’ve now shut it completely down and are going online. How can people expect anything else?
                    ^^#TeamAppocalypse

Sounds really, really Scary. I mean really.

Back in reality.

https://mobile.twitter.com/covid_cla...15451378696192

With 70,000+ infected people studied in MN…
                    > There are more deaths age 90+ than age 70 and below
                    > 99.9% covid survival outside long term care
                    > 99.97% covid survival for ages under 60
                    > Avg age of death is 6 yrs beyond life expectancy

Comment

• Originally posted by Whalers View Post

Why does this irk you? I thought this would be a corona basement dweller's wet dream! All those prominent Repub's without masks and corona lurking around every new flowering plant that Melania spent all your tax dollars on. Wouldn't this work out in your favor if this turned into a Corona party?

See, that is the difference between most Repubs being leave you alone optimists and typical you better not think or act for yourself Dem Eyeore's, think on the bright side. Or just listen to the birds chirping in your, or Jim Crow Joe's, basement to lighten the mood.

Pucker up buttercup!
                      What a ridiculously disingenuous post. First, assuming I'm a democrat is hilarious (I've never voted D for president in my life). Second, even accounting for the democrats less-than-stellar racial history (to put that mildly), republicans have precisely zero to criticize them on for the past 30+ years. "Jim Crow Joe", coming from an obviously trolling republican, is absolutely ridiculous.
                      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        Cases due to pieces of **** who went to sturgis rising in Minnesota

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/s...25318881681409
                        The frustrating thing is that people like ObviousTroll2020 will point to a lack of cases in Sturgis as some sort of evidence that COVID isn't what it is. It's the Vegas effect. If it opened all the way up, Vegas would still not have a lot of cases, as people go there, catch it, go home and then develop symptoms there. It's as if contact tracing doesn't exist.
                        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post

^^#TeamAppocalypse

Sounds really, really Scary. I mean really.

Back in reality.

https://mobile.twitter.com/covid_cla...15451378696192

With 70,000+ infected people studied in MN…
                          > There are more deaths age 90+ than age 70 and below
                          > 99.9% covid survival outside long term care
                          > 99.97% covid survival for ages under 60
                          > Avg age of death is 6 yrs beyond life expectancy
                          Funny how the so-called "scientists" haven't pushed back when confronted with, y'know, the data.

Since I know a lot of you folks call Minnesota home, I figured I'd share this stuff with y'all ...

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...trump-n2575265

Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

The frustrating thing is that people like ObviousTroll2020 will point to a lack of cases in Sturgis as some sort of evidence that COVID isn't what it is. It's the Vegas effect. If it opened all the way up, Vegas would still not have a lot of cases, as people go there, catch it, go home and then develop symptoms there. It's as if contact tracing doesn't exist.
                            Dolt On #TeamWetTheBed ^^^

https://mobile.twitter.com/justin_ha...38720559403010

If we assume 8% infection rate here in San Diego County. With 98% specificity and 99% sensitivity... If we test just 1650 people that will yield 33 false positives right there. We will never make it to the lowest setting and businesses will be closed for good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Funny how the so-called "scientists" haven't pushed back when confronted with, y'know, the data.

Since I know a lot of you folks call Minnesota home, I figured I'd share this stuff with y'all ...

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...trump-n2575265

Hey Chuck, great to see you still haven't figured things out. Guess what, I actually know the guy and it's well known he's not very bright. Couple thoughts on what he said since I live an hour away from the "Iron Range" and, actually have a good friend who's a manager at one of the mines, along with many others who live there.

First, the "Range" isn't roaring back. Things have stabilized but, there's still more people leaving than coming. Next, he says. "leaders like Joe Biden" haven't helped with their issues regarding trade with China. What specifically does he think Joe could've done back when the Chinese first started dumping cheap steel into the market 20 years when those mines really took their significant hits? Not much a single senator could address/fix. Trust me, it's been Republican policies over the past 30 years that have exacerbated there already significant issues due to higher production costs -- mainly in regards to workers wages/benefits. Don't get me wrong, I'm in favor of paying those folks what they make but, that is THE key reason why the cost of American steel is so much higher.

Next, he says Trump has "cut our taxes"....the median income on the "Range" varies from $38,000 to $55,000. And, almost no one in that income range saw any type of a significant tax reduction. Here's a couple of links to articles that explain this. Chuck, I realize you probably won't even attempt to read them as that might expose you to information that actually contradicts your brain washing but...

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/up-fr...ve-it-to-them/

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2...-consequences/

Distribution of Trump Tax Cuts Favors Wealthiest

On average, in 2018, taxes declined for everyone, but top groups got the biggest benefit
                              *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/img/...um.png********

Income group (Average income) Percent change in after-tax income or a total of $...

Lowest quintile ($14,170) 0.4% $56.68

Second quintile ($36,450) 1.2% $437.40

Middle quintile ($65,640) 1.6% $1,050.24

Fourth quintile ($114,370) 1.9% $2,173.03

Top quintile ($347,940) 2.9% $10.090.26

https://itep.org/tcja-2020/

Source: Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy (ITEP), “TCJA by the Numbers, 2020.”

The richest 1% of taxpayers will get an average tax cut of $50,000 in 2020 from the Trump-GOP tax cuts. That’s over 75 times more than the tax cut for the bottom 80% of taxpayers, which will average $645.

Bottom line Chuck, probably 98% of the people that live on the "Iron Range" could drink away their tax cuts in two weekends -- Rangers love their cheap, shi--y beer. So, more evidence that, not only is this guy not living in the real world, he doesn't even understand that 98% of his constituents literally didn't get jack s--t from Trump's tax cut.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post

Dolt On #TeamWetTheBed ^^^

https://mobile.twitter.com/justin_ha...38720559403010

If we assume 8% infection rate here in San Diego County. With 98% specificity and 99% sensitivity... If we test just 1650 people that will yield 33 false positives right there. We will never make it to the lowest setting and businesses will be closed for good.

"Hey 1820 (let's be honest, that's the time frame that your level of education regarding science and research is at)......

Please respond to the following Op-Ed from the New York Times from three weeks ago co-authored by Michael Osterholm and Neel Kashkari. I'm sure you're aware by now that Michael Osterholm is one of the most respected infectious disease experts in the planet and, if you don't know, Kashkari is the President of the Minneapolis Fed. So, two experts in both the virus itself and finance and economics. Since I know you probably wouldn't/won't read it in its' entirety, I will provide a few paragraphs from the article...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/07/o...ent-death.html

"We believe the choice is clear. We can continue to allow the coronavirus to spread rapidly throughout the country or we can commit to a more restrictive lockdown, state by state, for up to six weeks to crush the spread of the virus to less than one new case per 100,000 people per day. That’s the point at which we will be able to limit the increase in new cases through aggressive public health measures, just as other countries have done. But we’re a long way from there right now."

Notice "1820"... 1 case in every 100,000 people per day...That's when the experts say we could potentially start to safely open things up.

"And the next six months could make what we have experienced so far seem like just a warm-up to a greater catastrophe. With many schools and colleges starting, stores and businesses reopening, and the beginning of the indoor heating season, new case numbers will grow quickly. Why did the United States’ Covid-19 containment response fail, particularly compared with the successful results of so many nations in Asia, Europe and even our neighbor Canada. Simply, we gave up on our lockdown efforts to control virus transmission well before the virus was under control. Many other countries didn’t let up until the number of cases was greatly reduced, even in places that had extensive outbreaks in March and April."

"The United States recorded its lowest seven-day average since March 31 on May 28, when it was 21,000 cases, or 6.4 new cases per 100,000 people per day. This rate was seven to 10 times higher than the rates in countries that successfully contained their new infections."

Key part there... "we gave up on our lockdown efforts to control virus transmission well before the virus was under control" and.. "we recorded our lowest seven-day average on May 28, when it was 21,000 cases, or 6.4 new cases per 100,000 per day"

"At this level of national cases — 17 new cases per 100,000 people per day — we simply don’t have the public health tools to bring the pandemic under control. Our testing capacity is overwhelmed in many areas, resulting in delays that make contact tracing and other measures to control the virus virtually impossible."

This next paragraph is very important. Obviously, you'll disagree with the two people with FAR MORE knowledge than you regarding this issue. Still..

"To successfully drive down our case rate to less than one per 100,000 people per day, we should mandate sheltering in place for everyone but the truly essential workers. By that, we mean people must stay at home and leave only for essential reasons: food shopping and visits to doctors and pharmacies while wearing masks and washing hands frequently. According to the Economic Policy Institute, 39 percent of workers in the United States are in essential categories. The problem with the March-to-May lockdown was that it was not uniformly stringent across the country. For example, Minnesota deemed 78 percent of its workers essential. To be effective, the lockdown has to be as comprehensive and strict as possible. If we aren’t willing to take this action, millions more cases with many more deaths are likely before a vaccine might be available. In addition, the economic recovery will be much slower, with far more business failures and high unemployment for the next year or two. The path of the virus will determine the path of the economy. There won’t be a robust economic recovery until we get control of the virus."

So, the experts -- virus and economic -- are saying we didn't lockdown strictly or long enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X