Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

They're fine. They're not dead.
    Exactly.

Just caught up on the last few days of this thread. I especially liked the share about how you're more likely to be struck by lightning than die from covid if you're under 65. Not equivalent. If you want to compare Covid to lightning strikes than compare chance of dying from lightning to dying from Covid, or chance of struck by lighting to chance of getting covid.

I don't know why these comparisons anger me so much, but they do. It's probably because idiots use them as a way of down-playing the threat and trying to excuse their not wanting to take any simple precautions (like wearing a mask).
    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
    7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

Exactly.

Just caught up on the last few days of this thread. I especially liked the share about how you're more likely to be struck by lightning than die from covid if you're under 65. Not equivalent. If you want to compare Covid to lightning strikes than compare chance of dying from lightning to dying from Covid, or chance of struck by lighting to chance of getting covid.

I don't know why these comparisons anger me so much, but they do. It's probably because idiots use them as a way of down-playing the threat and trying to excuse their not wanting to take any simple precautions (like wearing a mask).
      Because they are the very definition of false equivalence.
      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

New US record.
        WR, AR, NR, MR, PB, SB, and a Diet Coke.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
          A friend of mine is a professor in Oklahoma. Surprise, a number of sick students and faculty, and now she's quarantined and she and her husband are feeling sick.

Who saw this coming, other than anyone with eyes?
          I'm not sure even eyes were required.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Those same people get mad if you mention that you are more likely to die of lightning strikes than die in the line of duty as a cop...hell half the cops who have died so far in the line of duty have been due to COVID I wonder if they count :-o
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

Exactly.

Even with that, we still will pull everyone from the field and clear the stands at a sporting event when lightning is in the area, even if it is a .032% chance of dying from a strike there....
              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I'm not sure even eyes were required.
                brain synapses are helpful tho

Comment

• Was catching up on journal stuff yesterday- holy doo doo. the whole myocarditis thing is really, really scary. The percentage of people who get it is really scary and that they are finding it months later on MRI is YIKES!

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    Was catching up on journal stuff yesterday- holy doo doo. the whole myocarditis thing is really, really scary. The percentage of people who get it is really scary and that they are finding it months later on MRI is YIKES!
                    Why do you hate college football?
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Why do you hate college football?
                      I could tell stories but I am not allowed.

Comment

• I heard there was a super spreader event at the White House last night. No masks. No distance. All fun.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          I heard there was a super spreader event at the White House last night. No masks. No distance. All fun.
                          I attempted to watch but didn't last long. That really irked me. Hundreds of people, all close together, nary a mask to be seen. I know it's outdoors so the risk is substantially less, but ...

These are people that fundamentally don't think COVID is a real issue and are simply acting accordingly. And it's costing lives.
                          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            I heard there was a super spreader event at the White House last night. No masks. No distance. All fun.
                            Kinda looking forward to the conspiracy theories if someone in the "inner circle" comes down with COVID and ends up with a serious hospitalization... I'm sure the Deep State will be running things if that happens =)
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

I attempted to watch but didn't last long. That really irked me. Hundreds of people, all close together, nary a mask to be seen. I know it's outdoors so the risk is substantially less, but ...

These are people that fundamentally don't think COVID is a real issue and are simply acting accordingly. And it's costing lives.
                              Lead by example doesn’t apply to the banana republic....
                              $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                              Just win.....

Comment

• Well a couple of the media that were there said they werent even screened or tested...dont know if that changed.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X